It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GF getting fat!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
We've been going out about 9 months now, and she's slowly put on weight. She's not morbidly obese or anything, but the gut , thighs and now the arms are getting kind of big. I miss the days when she's slim enough to wear sexy dress similar like.
I feel so bad about her figure now. How do I get her to go to the gym or something without outright telling her she's fat?
edit on 10-21-2011 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmusicmr

Be honest...

In the most gentil way possible... most women have issues with their weight... blame the media

though be careful not to insult... its a fine line when dealing with such a dilema

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Always be blunt when dealing with women.
Tell her you've noticed she is becoming a fatty.
Let her know that you are only concerned with her appearance.
Not her personality or her integrity or anything of substance.
Trust me she will respond.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to tell her you saw your ex and she looked great.
edit on 21-10-2011 by choppedbrisket because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmusicmr
We've been going out about 9 months now, and she's slowly put on weight. She's not morbidly obese or anything, but the gut , thighs and now the arms are getting kind of big. I miss the days when she's slim enough to wear sexy dress similar likethis.
I feel so bad about her figure now. How do I get her to go to the gym or something without outright telling her she's fat?

Nine months....slowly putting on weight on the gut.....ummmm, could she be pregnant?

Just sayin'.........

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
you've been had!

swap for a newer, restyled model while you can...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmusicmr
We've been going out about 9 months now, and she's slowly put on weight. She's not morbidly obese or anything, but the gut , thighs and now the arms are getting kind of big. I miss the days when she's slim enough to wear sexy dress similar likethis.

Let's see...you've been dating 9 months...hmmmmm...sure she's not pregnant?

Suggest joining a gym together...buy her a membership as a gift. Make it fun for both of you.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by choppedbrisket

I can't stop laughing. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
You think she does not know she's fat?

Why don't you set the example?

This is a very sensitive area.

I'm still getting over the fact you looked up a dress online.

PS. Look at her mother...If Mom's big, you are pretty much looking at a time capsule.

Just Saying

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
hahahahahah
i think your going to have to let her go
you can do better!
not that a little bit of fat isnt bad, but sounds like this one has too much.

you could try going on jogs togethers or something
join a gym and ask if she wants to come?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Just buy a scale and put by the frig.

link   
are you fat or are you in good shape?

if you want her to lose weight start exercising with her and go to the gym together or do things out doors that will make you lose weight...

if you eat out allot start cooking healthy meals together and eat in

I would not tell her that she is getting fat most women will not appreciate that although it depends on your relationship and what type of person she is I mean I wouldn't say fat either way but you could say that she has been gaining weight and that together you should work on it before it gets out of hand... besides the point of being fat its unhealthy and maybe its the foods you are eating..

if you are not fat yourself and you eat the same foods her body and womens body react different to foods... My girl doesnt order steak like I do when we go out she gets salad with grilled chicken... she likes steak but stuff like that make women gain weight easier then men..

but if you are fat and she is getting fat its because she is probably starting to eat the same things as you which is making her fat... I had this problem with a girl I dated once we spend allot of time together she ate the same things as me all the time and as much as me and she started to get fat although it did not make me gain weight but I worked in a garage and burned allot more calories then she did.

link   
some of those replies are priceless

mother is a time capsule

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Run for the hills! This is just a precursor to a life of being miserable and constantly pondering "could I have done better?" Speaking from experience...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Don't tell her she's getting fat. She's not fat...she's fluffy. Yeah, that's the ticket.....

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
"Accidentally" leave this thread open on your computer and let her find it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

If you want to hurt her feelings, listen to the replies above mine.
Your best bet is to plan active days for the BOTH of you.
Also, instead of eating fast food, cook healthy meals.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
She is taking the p*ss
You have allowed her to feel to secure, and now she no longer repects you. Don,t be under any illusions she enjoys food more than she cares about you. Dude stop f*cking her when she try,s to have sex with you go and make a cup of tea. I guarentee you the first time you brush off her advances she will want to know why. When she asks just tell her you find fat unattractive.

Shoot me down feminazis

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Secretly loosen one of the legs on her favorite chair. When she sits on it she'll think she broke it then she'll realize she's getting fat.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Ah yes.... the "I'm in a relationship" weight gain. Well,.... you could always suggest going hiking for fun!
Take her out to vegan restaurants instead of Chillie's, take her on long shopping trips... anything to get her moving and out of the house. The sofa and staying in more often is your enemy. Maintain a regular outgoing schedule. Girls are very sensitive about their weight, so if you really care about her and want to keep her around, last thing you want to do is tell her she's fat. To be honest, the outer appearance does matter in a relationship and it's not good when either partner let's him/herself go. If you plan to preach it, you better be ready to put it into practice. Good luck!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There is some insecurity in her life that is causing her to eat more. Perhaps she feels your relationship is only based on looks, or she feels you are thinking about leaving. By mentioning her weight gain, you will be adding to her feelings of insecurity, and she will add more weight. Ironically, after she loses you, she will likely go through a period of weight gain, then weight loss to her former slim self in order to catch the next man. Then the cycle repeats, at least until she is happy.

One possible way to approach the issue is to suggest you help each other to lead a healthy lifestyle because you love one another. For example, adding adipose (fat) tissue can increase estrogen production, which can lead to cancer in estrogen-receptive cancer. Adding weight can also add increased cholesterol, blood pressure, and diabetes problems. You have a natural liking for slimness because it is healthy. Focus on that reason, not on attractiveness.

Your best bet is to love her, make her the happiest woman in the world, and try to get past the appearances. In your life, you will see her get old or even sick, maybe even die. Lots of men have a midlife crisis when they feel like they could do better. They often fail to realize how they themselves have changed. If you are mature enough to allow the changes of life to occur and to stay along for the ride, it does get much better. Please refer to the old couple that just died one hour apart holding hands. He was 94 she was 90. I also remember seeing another news article where one old spouse died at a hospital, and the other died an hour later at a rest home without knowing of the death.

There is something much more to life as you keep your relationship through it all...

Best of luck to you.
edit on 10/21/2011 by Jim Scott because: Thought 2.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join