It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Or What Is Waiting For Us Somewhere Beyond The Grave?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eyes0wide0open

Its cool you are able to so easily assess those emotions, one like feeling 'girly' isnt so common, we forget those memories because we solidify our identities and never change. I dont know much about hypnotism, but I have read various sources that suggest against it. I get there are probably various techniques that make it seem more appealing than the "quack like a duck when I click my fingers" lol. The reason I feel so attatched to meditation, is that it simply feels natural, dont get me wrong I get lathargic and even doubtful of the practice, (tonight esspecially) but I know after sticking with it for a few months, and then to a year straight I was beginning to have many subtle experiences that gave me more faith in it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
When we sleep and when we dream, time no longer exists. Hours of sleep go by instantly!

Are we seeing the after life that is waiting for us whenever we dream...

edit on 20-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyes0wide0open
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I sure hope so!
But I just wish I could take all my memories from this life onto my next

You will. There have been studies that poke electrodes into a part of the brain and patients recall memories that they had forgotten as clear as a bell. And the vast folds of your brain contain all your experience; sight, touch and sound (even while you sleep). Like a security camcorder. And even if your memory fails here before we go, like from a disease, even then your you, the you that makes up all of you is perfectly intact in your soul. You will carry those memories forever.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Another level of the illusion we currently think we are experiencing. Probably, the experience is whatever makes you more likely to believe the illusion is real. Just like now, you get what you need to believe.
edit on 20-10-2011 by M3Vega because: grammar

edit on 20-10-2011 by M3Vega because: grammar

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Sometimes hours go by instantly, at other times just a 5 minute snooze leads to what feels like hours of dreaming. So whether awake or asleep, time is not essentially real, not without our perception of it.

The point I was trying to make with dream is that our sense faculties can work inwardly, and with practice, we can take those senses under our control without the body, even without death.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Great to get so many replies on an OP made up of purely stating the obvious.

Of course everyone will know the truth about life and death when they die.

Writing "The Truth" in capital letters does not make it mystical or offer insight.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
reply to post by tauristercus

I dont think your experience is base enough to think there is nothing beyond the brain function.

For me, that was a direct, personal and conclusive example of just how fragile and manipulatable our sense of "self" and "awareness" is. All it took was a chemical to essentially erase me from existence for a short period of time.
There is absolutely no reason why I should expect to "die" whilst my consciousness, personality and awareness is "suppressed" and then for it to "magically" or "religiously" re-appear upon physical death.

if nothing else, that experience clearly and unambiguously confirms that consciousness and awareness is bio-chemical in nature and can be easily turned on or off by chemical means. As long as the brain is functioning and able to supply the necessary "support chemicals or hormones", then the consciousness/awareness switch in on... but disrupt those "support chemicals or hormones" with other chemicals or by shutting down the brain through death, then the consciousness/awareness switch gets flipped to OFF.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am not afraid to die, because I do believe that something wonderful is waiting for us, all in good time. First, we will rest, but eventually we will see our family and friends once more.

According to the Bible, we are "living souls", made of dust and the spirit (breath) of God. (Animals are "living souls" as well, but without the 'conscience' or knowledge of right and wrong that humans have.)

When we die, we "sleep", we know nothing at all about the continuing world during this time.

Our bodies return to the dust from whence we came.

Our spirit returns to God.

The dead sleep until the first resurrection. At that time, some of us will be translated into spirit bodies, with eternal life. Others will be resurrected into (fleshly) bodies to try again to get it right.

Eventually ALL (humanity) will be refined and receive spirit bodies.

This is God's "plan of the ages" written about by Paul the apostle.
edit on 20-10-2011 by sezsue because: clarify

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
When we sleep and when we dream, time no longer exists. Hours of sleep go by instantly!

Are we seeing the after life that is waiting for us whenever we dream...

How do hrs of sleep go by instantly? I mean our perception of time is gone because there are areas of the brain that shut off when we are unconscious.

Also, if you have ever experimented with lucid dreams you would know that they are directly influenced by what you anticipate. However that doesnt disprove anything, just something to ponder about contrasting this life that is very unpredictable.
edit on 20-10-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

This question is one of the great mysteries of humanity. ...

Try reading Scientology: A History of Man pp 109-111.

"One of the great mysteries of humanity" was being solved in the early 1950's.

Why is this book so unknown by people after all this time, to the extent that they will not even bring it up as an example of a laughable fantasy?

If you read the whole book, you might begin to get some idea of why the subject Hubbard spent 30 years of his life developing and teaching is either ignored or condemned in the mainstream media and the sciences.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah

From my understanding, time, matter, energy, all are the same... even spirit and ideas are made of the same thing, and they are all physical one way or another. That which is not physical is the observer, the soul, the Purusha, it is what is the center of each being and animal, it is the very thing that makes us aware, and we all share it.

This perfect center has attatched to it the various ideas that make us us. The primary idea I believe is ego/(asmita) that idea brings each of us into existence in the first place, in one sense, rather than enjoying the pure joy of the Soul, we look with it, out into the idea of seperateness, and then into the various other forms of ignorance that eventually leads us to be so different from eachother, until we just plain forget we are actually the infinte soul.

then we have conversations about what happens after death lol

@ Conversations

As to Matter, Energy, & Time, they are kNot the same. There are three dimensions:

1st Dimension - spacial, negative, and the one underneath this one and where your Soul resides for an eternity.
2nd Dimension - spacial, positive, and the one your person currently resides in and where WE the Souls play our games in you call Life.
3rd - Time

Time is a separate dimension of Space and Einstein's theory of folding Space & Time for faster than light-speed space travel, is wrong. You fold Space by traveling THRU Time, via a Time Portal (aka: Stargate) and you dew it in finite, no matter the distance covered.

Matter is the byproduct of God/Source and God/Source is Everything, so Matter is kNot Space, it is kNot Time, but Energy is Matter for it is the Source of ALL Matter, via Bi-dimensional Transdermal Energy Transfer (B-tet), which explains how all of those huge magneto generators, known as spiral galaxies, create a enormous amount of Energy and that Energy is transferred thru the skin of Space, into the 1st Dimension below this dimension. Then it is converted into something else I cannot fathom at this time, but it's just like how your body converts sunlight into Vitamin D, when that sunlight penetrates YOUR skin, and after the conversion process, it is inverted into anti-matter and whatever that anti-matter is, it is what powers the Universe, powers Source, powers God.
That anti-matter is also what is being ejected out the the massive DUAL black holes at the center of EVERY spiral galaxy and when it is ejected, it goes to finite, inverts, reverts, the expels energy in the form of Light and rougue particles (radiation). Science calls them Accretion Discs, but they are actually Inversion Zones.

Ribbit

edit on 20-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox

This question is one of the great mysteries of humanity. ...

Try reading Scientology: A History of Man pp 109-111.

"One of the great mysteries of humanity" was being solved in the early 1950's.

Why is this book so unknown by people after all this time, to the extent that they will not even bring it up as an example of a laughable fantasy?

If you read the whole book, you might begin to get some idea of why the subject Hubbard spent 30 years of his life developing and teaching is either ignored or condemned in the mainstream media and the sciences.

Because of the fact that noone can possibly know, I honestly think that any MAN (ie Hubbard) that tries to tell me he ACTUALLY knows for sure what happens 100 percent, after death is one of 3 things:
1) completely f@#king insane and needs medication
2) lying to me because he has an agenda
3) wants me to give him money

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I was trying to say time, matter, energy are made of the same thing, not that they are the same. If you are saying everything is made of energy, then I would have to agree.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Id like to believe there is something waiting for us beyond the grave im just not sure..I have a gut feeling when we die thats it there is nothing more just your familys memorys of you in this life ..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I agree.
I have a unique perspective on this matter, since i once died for a short while.
I left my body & went to......Scotland

I won't bore you with the details of how it happened, but i passed out, & stopped breathing for a while. I distinctly remember 'letting go' and was looking down at my body from above, it was about midnight.
I felt no pain, hunger, cold, nor any real emotions. I felt amazingly calm, once i got over the initial shock of being dead.
I did see a tunnel with a light at the end, but i didn't want to go there-I have since read that this tunnel has to do with oxygen starvation in the brain, so i guess that's what it was.
Why Scotland?, i have no idea, i have never been there before then, but i suddenly found myself floating above the scottish coast, looking down at the waves breaking on black rocks (it was real-time, also midnight).
After a while, i heard voices talking in a large building (hangar?) and i wanted to get closer, to understand what they were saying. I once got the impression that one of the voices was my own, from sometime in the future....
I heard a voice call my name, it was my girlfreind.
I suddenly found myself back in the apartment, looking down at her, she was sitting on me, hysterical.
She slapped my face.
With a jolt, i was back in my body, i felt everything at once, pain, shock, emotion.
It was a tremendous shock, i can tell you.
So am i a born-again christian? Sadly, no.
I did not see or feel anything god-like, only an overwhelming sense of myself & everything around me.
It has definitely changed my life, i am one of the few who KNOW that there is 'something' after death, you continue to exist, even if it's just as a pattern of thoughts, a set of electrical vibrations, that maybe fade out in time?
I still don't know, i just know that there's more to life than just life....enjoy it while you can

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Not one of the seven billion people here on earth right now,has ever died and then came back and told about it.Because if they were "really dead",they would'nt be able to come back at all,they would be gone.Some people may have "temporarily died" and then were revived.So they were at deaths door and that door was opening,but they never passed through it and saw the otherside...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I think that i was indeed 'on the other side', i was vaguely aware of other 'souls' but made no effort to contact them.
I distinctly remember hearing my name being called, even though i was hundreds of miles away.
I had also the very clear impression that i could go everywhere & see everything i wanted to.......
What did surprise me was my detachment & lack of emotions at the time.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellify
Great to get so many replies on an OP made up of purely stating the obvious.

Of course everyone will know the truth about life and death when they die.

Writing "The Truth" in capital letters does not make it mystical or offer insight.

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality
Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,

Too late, my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine,
body's aching all the time
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth

Queen,Bohemian Rhapsody

And did you notice "the truth" written in those lines?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You will never know while you live,

The knowledge will always be with you but you will never truly know it and even when you realize it you wont understand it, when you go back you will know everything and when you depart again you will forget it all once again, as a human you will never understand the "after death" because it is beyond the human capacity to understand, life can never understand death nor death life but they both exist, simply put refer to that everything you see from dirt to plants and animals, they all have a cycle and recycle, that is the simplest way you can understand it from a life perspective.

For me I suppose the big question is will we know anything once we have experienced our death? will we see? will we hear? will there be an experience unlike any other?

I do not believe that "anything" in this entire universe ends it is constant and cycled and it always will be life is not the only type of existence nor death I'm sure there is something more but when we find it we won't be able to tell of it nor see it until we die ourselves.

Kind Regards Raziel
edit on 20-10-2011 by RazielRabencuuk because: Word mistake

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
German scientists have weighed the human soul,more than 200 times!...www.noeticsciences.co.uk...

The human soul weighs 1/3,000th of an ounce!

That’s the astonishing claim of East German researchers who recently weighed more than 200 terminally ill patients just before, and immediately after, their deaths.

In each case the weight loss was exactly the same–1/3,000th of an ounce.

“The inescapable conclusion is that we have now confirmed the existence of the human soul and determined its weight,” Dr. Becker Mertens of Dresden said in a letter printed in the German science journal Horizon.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join