It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Or What Is Waiting For Us Somewhere Beyond The Grave?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This question is one of the great mysteries of humanity. A perplexing question that has been asked again and again all over the world, down through the ages, for many thousands, perhaps millions of years. I believe that there is an after life, beyond the realms of death. There is Someone or Something waiting for us all from Somewhere beyond the grave and whoever or whatever it might be is...The Truth.

Literally billions of people have lived and died on earth before us and they are already there. They already know who or what it is. Each and every one of us here and now, is only a breath away, always just a step away from discovering...The Truth...

A lot of people, maybe most, will say that there is a God waiting for us...But who or what is God? What does God look like? If there even exists a God? Does anyone really know?...Wether there is a God or not, does'nt change the fact that someone or something is waiting for you and i...The Truth...
edit on 19-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
There is NOTHING waiting for us ...
At the point of death, it's lights out ... as pure and simple as that.
edit on 19/10/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It may very well be lights out or it could be the next stage of a journey. No one knows for sure and I wouldn't suggest believing anyone on either side of the argument. We'll all find out eventually, personally I'm in no hurry to get there.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I have no idea what happens when you die. I wish I did. The only thing I DO know about the afterlife is that the more someone is SURE they know about it.....the more illogical, insane and intolerant they become. Therefore I must assume that whatever the afterlife holds is something soooooooo freaky that even thinking about it will drive sane people mad and the more you think about it the crazier you get.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Or once you die, you die? I like to believe there's more after death, but the more I think about it the more I realize that it just sounds like the work of our imagination

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I'M waiting for it. Can't hardly wait. I heard it put like this once:

Our whole life is but a gestation period like our time in the womb. After birth we come into this world and live our lives out here on Earth. Then we die to this plane of existence and are "born" again into that next world where we grow from a baby into adult hood there as well.

And like our birth here in a delivery room with midwifes and doctors in attendance, so shall it be there with angels in attendance to help us start anew there. There our ancestral families will greet us and welcome us into the fold. God, that sounds so wishy washy because of how religion has polluted the meaning of life. But would you want it any other way? Really? There are choices.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by blocula

I have no idea what happens when you die. I wish I did. The only thing I DO know about the afterlife is that the more someone is SURE they know about it.....the more illogical, insane and intolerant they become. Therefore I must assume that whatever the afterlife holds is something soooooooo freaky that even thinking about it will drive sane people mad and the more you think about it the crazier you get.

Actually, if they will stop thinking about it and start questioning themselve's and everything around them, they'd figure out the truth.

As to crazy, a sane person's crazy is a crazy person's sane.
So how dew you kNow you are sane?

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Isn't our material reality comprised of only two things,matter and energy?...

Our bodies are made of the "temporary matter" that returns to the dust from where it came...

Our souls are the "kinetic energy" that lives on...Somewhere...

Maybe we get in death, what we believe we will get when we are alive? If someone believes there is no afterlife, then they will receive no after-life...If someone believes there is an after-life, then they will receive an afterlife...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by blocula

I'M waiting for it. Can't hardly wait. I heard it put like this once:

Our whole life is but a gestation period like our time in the womb. After birth we come into this world and live our lives out here on Earth. Then we die to this plane of existence and are "born" again into that next world where we grow from a baby into adult hood there as well.

And like our birth here in a delivery room with midwifes and doctors in attendance, so shall it be there with angels in attendance to help us start anew there. There our ancestral families will greet us and welcome us into the fold. God, that sounds so wishy washy because of how religion has polluted the meaning of life. But would you want it any other way? Really? There are choices.

Your true ancestral family is WE the Souls, so grandpa ain't going to be there to change your non-existent diaper when you go back home.

There is no sPoon!

You have no grandpa!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Or perhaps "souls" are nothing more than brain function? once the brain dies so do we, kinda like A.I. It may be advance, but once you pull the plug thats that.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Welll sheesh dont share secrets now.

link   
reply to post by tauristercus

How do you know this? I don't say that there is or there isn't... I'm not dead yet and so cannot know either way. I am interested in how you came about this view. How is it you know, unequivocally, that there isn't an afterlife? If you know something the rest of the living Human race is unaware of, please share it with the rest of us... Asking for proof is foolish of me as there is NO PROOF. But you must be privy to some arcane knowledge that the rest of us are not....

link   
From what I understand, the Astral Body... or the "psyche" (which is the mind entity, composed of our stored experiences/compulsions/habits) will continue to exist, and the physical body it created and once possessed will be left behind. What happens after this is based on the individuals karma, or previous actions and choices. This can lead to myriads of possibilities; concepts of heaven and hell are so easily believed in because we have already experienced them before. This obviously leads to the topic of reincarnation, but thats a little bit of a detour, whats important is that we're never really 'dead'.

From the Bhagavad Gita

There has never been a time when you and I have not existed, nor will there be a time when we will cease to exist. As the same person inhabits the body through childhood, youth, and old age, so too at the time of death he attains another body. The wise are not deluded by these changes.

link   
you can never die, you are all that has ever existed.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Isn't our material reality comprised of only two things,matter and energy?...

Our bodies are made of the "temporary matter" that returns to the dust from where it came...

Maybe we get in death, what we believe we will get when we are alive? If someone believes there is no afterlife, then they will receive no after-life...If someone believes there is an after-life, then they will receive an afterlife...

Energy is Matter and our physical reality consists of THREE elements:

1. Matter
2. Space
3. Time

But you are correct that our Soul lives on but that's because it's only "connected" to you, it is kNot within you physically.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by blocula

Or perhaps "souls" are nothing more than brain function? once the brain dies so do we, kinda like A.I. It may be advance, but once you pull the plug thats that.

Humans are AI and not only that, you are also AL!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

reply to post by blocula

Actually, if they will stop thinking about it and start questioning themselve's and everything around them, they'd figure out the truth.

Ribbit

Man, I can't possibly know if I am sane or not......because someone that really is insane has no idea they are, that's part of what makes them truly crazy, so if I was I surely wouldn't know it.

Some people believe in past lives. If they are right, then can I assume there is nothing after death and your just born again when you die?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I didn't realize Humans contained "Artificial" Intelligent.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If there is "nothing" waiting for us after death...We would never even know it anyways...Because there would be "nothing to know" so we would'nt know anything about it...Which would be nothing...

So...I think there is someone or something and we all should be living and acting as if there is,but not many people do...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

reply to post by blocula

Ribbit

Man, I can't possibly know if I am sane or not......because someone that really is insane has no idea they are, that's part of what makes them truly crazy, so if I was I surely wouldn't know it.

Some people believe in past lives. If they are right, then can I assume there is nothing after death and your just born again when you die?

Life is like a rollercoaster. The ride can sometimes scare the hell out of you but once it's over, you want to ride again and again and again but you have to wait in line to get back on.

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join