It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV: "Real World" seeking Occupy Wall Street protestors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

MTV: "Real World" seeking Occupy Wall Street protestors

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Occupy Wall Street protesters may get a new platform to voice their opinions after MTV's "The Real World" reality TV show posted a casting call reaching out to supporters of the movement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Looks like MTV is going to try and cash in on the #OWS. Producers of the MTV program The Real World have posted ads on craigslist to get protestors to come on their show.

Will #OWS become even more of a global meltdown side show? Looks like it will. A reality TV show for a movement. This is looking pretty lame stream to me.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's called movement hijacking. It's all the craze.

I can see it now "OMG you ate my vegetarian fallafel, YOU FACIST BASTARD!"

*Proceeds to pull other long haired protestors guys hair in an attempt to attack him...*

I kid!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Any media is good media, everyone needs to be serious about it, and you'll probably get people acting stupid just to act stupid...
Sigh, people.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
BFSTI (big fing surprise that is) Movement is going to be so raped by the time it ends we won't even know what sparked it. I want to be for it but lets be honest, it's gonna be raped by every group with an agenda.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
actuly the real world soyunds like a good place to be for some of the protesters .... why not get some publicity althou i can see it hurting the movments credibilty and legitmency
but most people at ows have been conducting them selves pretty good giveing the circumstances
stay peacfull

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Right you are. Instead of being an unemployed arts major the protestor might just end up with a writing or acting gig for his endurance of pepper spray from the Jack Boots. I just hope we avoid any of these so called tea party counter protests going and violence erupts. The TV news loves violence so they always point cameras at it and then everyone points fingers. The (LSM) lame street media is a 3 edged sword. It works for you, against you, and for special interests most of all.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
People protesting corporate greed jockeying for a spot on MTV.

Ah, the irony. I'm sure it will be used to discredit anyone with legitimate, well-articulated arguments.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Are they looking for the few people who've been interviewed on camera already, or anyone who took a few vids with a mobile phone?

Looks like a good opportunity for the Hollywood left to infiltrate Occupy Wall Street.

Maybe reality shows are looking for cast members who have strong opinions about politics, because other issues, like hooking up, tend to get dry?

top topics

join