It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just a reminder to try and remember to keep your images under 800 pixels in either direction...And at or around 200K - To large and it stretches the window, clips off parts of your photo, and/or takes too long to load for those on dial-up...

No problem if you goof up though - I do it all the time...Just a friendly reminder

A couple recent photos:

This one was actually waaaay overexposed, but I kind of like how it adds an element of flatness to the petals...

I didn't know they still make stairs these days in an 80's motif....

[edit on 9/23/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just a couple I took when I got home today from work....

If you don't know what lovebugs are....be very very happy...

Which direction was I facing in?

Biiig nasty looking clouds were rolling in...

Unscrewed 2 out of 3 lights from my ceiling fan, hung a shirt on the blades over the remaining light, draped a large pillowcase over a chair...set up my tripod...instant studio...

[edit on 9/29/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Help me spacedoubt!! I've been bitten by the shutterbug!!

Man oh man....Well...All I can say is, today is payday....eeerrr.....was payday

I went out and got myself a mini-studio setup....A got two large double-sided (white/balck) wooden boards, some white/black backdrop cloths, a little fold-up table, a 1000 watt dual halogen tripod lamp....And a nifty little Hoya center-spot filter...

Soon as I got it all home I had to set it all up and test it out! Tommorrow I'm gonna move it all into an outdoor office and make it a little studio area for experimenting...

Wiped some of the dust off my little Kokopelli

Can't wait to play with this setup some more....

[edit on 9/30/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
yur screwed dude..there is no antidote for the bite of the shutterbug..

Looks like you are have lots of fun though...that counts!
you've really been able to go off on new tangents, since the new camera, thats great, and the photos are getting even "mo better"....

I have some new ones myself...Maybe I'll post a few this weekend...

Cya later photographator...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well – This weekend I ventured outside of my usual realm and took some photos of a real, live and breathing human being
Albeit, this one’s a nutcase….lol

A couple of my good high school/college buddy
img11.imageshack.us..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I couldn’t keep my Photoshop-craved mind away from this one…It just makes everything better…lol

Don’t even ask…We were both drinking like fish…lol…This was HIS idea…And now I have bribing material

Speaking of fish, here’s one that was having a good time at the party too…

He was getting the munchies - Must….eat…..humans…..

Yeah – Fun time, and twice as many bad photos as good to show for it….But I did get a chance to play around with my new lighting setup – So I’m happy

Here are a couple I took the other night with my at-home studio setup

The much-coveted remote…

A very “literal” approach at DOF….It’s my new center-spot filter that makes those words appear to “jump off” the page…

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Just got a request from a girl-friend of mine....She wants me to take photos of her in the nude!

Sorry folks...Can't post those here....

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
A couple I took tonight...

An African Violet in bloom

An antique german coffee grinder...My mother collects them - Made for an interesting subject

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Just got a request from a girl-friend of mine....She wants me to take photos of her in the nude!

Sorry folks...Can't post those here....

Oh that's just MEAN.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Oh that's just MEAN.

Mwa ha ha ha!

Here's a couple new images....Including a self-portrait...

img54.imageshack.us..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Alright now….I’m feeling a bit lonely on here…Everyone else is welcome to post their images at anytime….

[edit on 10/8/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I don't have many pictures that are good enough to post. Here are a couple of Mauna Kea taken from a plane flying out of Hilo. They're not that great though.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Here is an experiment of mine. I was trying to get that long exposure of the tach as seen in a few automotive magazines.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Awesome - I like how you've captured the movement

Looks like a Mustang.....Am I right?!

Took some photos this weekend...

Got some raw aggression out...

Time to start plucking?

Creepy eye!

This shoot was fun! I got them all to line up in order of height and they all danced around making these cool shadows....It's really something to see as they move in the full sequence of shots....

I don't really know what this look means....lol

Or this one...He's special...lol

Just another rendition of the above...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
These photos were taken by me with a very cheap vga camera (doesn't even have a viewfinder!) and finished off with a touch of Photoshop.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by The_Modulus]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Another with the vga camera.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Photo: Ulvetann

I would say I was rather lucky with this shot. As you can see, It was getting real dark, and I didn't have any pod for my Nikon D70 w/300mm!
Only thing I have done to the pic. is to crop it, and convert it to jpg!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Awesome composition Modulus - Proof that it's not the camera that makes the photo! I always try to avoid power lines in my shots, but you've got me looking at them a different way now!

So wait....Lemme get this straight Ulvetann....lol

It was dark, you had no tripod, aaannnddd you were zoomed in at 300mm?!!?

That's not luck....That's skill!! That's a hell of a crisp shot....

What was the ISO set to?

Beautiful

Of course, now you have to show me more.....hehe....I need to see what I missed out on when I chose my 350D over the D70S

Here's a couple recent shots:

I got these last night - The park where I take 99.9% of my nature photos (Maclay Gardens) hosted the Jacksonville Symphony, and they shot some fireworks after the concert...

And of course, what's a collection of firework photos without a meatball?!

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I really like those firework shots you got there. You should do a collage or something, might be cool.
I bought myself a Kodak EasyShare Z740 which has just arrived a few moments ago, so I can start taking some propper photos!

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
It was dark, you had no tripod, aaannnddd you were zoomed in at 300mm?!!?

That's not luck....That's skill!! That's a hell of a crisp shot....

What was the ISO set to?

Beautiful

Of course, now you have to show me more.....hehe....I need to see what I missed out on when I chose my 350D over the D70S

Heh, thankjuu, thankjuu. I appreciate the intoxicating good critics!
ISO was actually 200! I dear not go higher. I have a personal issue regarding grain. And I hate to de-grain pictures, they get so blurry/flurry.
I humbly and modestly have to add, that in my ventures of getting close to these chewing animals with sticks on their head, I did it during their maiting period. It got kind of scary, when they started to holler, when light went out. I got afraid they would start to jump me, instead.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I would just like to ask; what is ISO exactly? How and what does it change in a photograph?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus
I would just like to ask; what is ISO exactly? How and what does it change in a photograph?

ISO is short for film speed...It's essentially a measure for light sensitivity

It has its roots in traditional film photography, and the terminology was simply transitioned into the digital world...

The ISO is just one part of a much larger string of complex variables that have now been automated in most point-and-shoot style cameras....

ISO settings can range anywhere from 100 to 3200

When Ulvetann mentioned he wouldn't go over 200, that's b/c usually anything above that produces a very grainy and high-noise photo....

ISO, Aperture (AKA f-stop, or the open size of the lens diaphragm), shutter speed, white balance, lighting and bracketing (multiple shots at different levels) all play a role in finding that perfect shot...

If your new camera has a "manual mode" you better watch out, or you may just get bitten by the shutterbug
Automatic modes are good in a pinch, but when you want the ultimate creative control, it becomes an addiction playing around in manual…

BTW - If you haven’t already check it out yet, DP Review always has the most concise and practical info on all new camera releases…

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join