It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just sometimes something comes from left field

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I know here on ATS we often compare people who are unaware of what is going on in the world around them, as people who watcg soaps, MSM, X Factor and American Idol, but just sometimes something wonderfully unexpected comes to check our reality too.
Check this out, whether it's the performers story, or just the song....it's pretty appropriate with some things that are going on in the world IMHO

www.youtube.com...#!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wow, over 5 million people saw that on Youtube before I did...that has touched a lot of people....thanks for posting......makes you put things into perspective.......wow

Peace............

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

That video was incredibly moving. Know what's weird? On Saturday I searched the web for pictures of injured Iraqi children to show my daughter the other side of this so called war of Iraqi Freedom since our media refuses to show the incredible suffering the Iraqis have gone through and continue to go through. She was very shocked, speechless and was brought to tears. She had no idea just as many people have no idea of the devastation in Iraq thanks to media brainwashing and spin. On Monday my son stayed home from school he asked me what music I like. One of the videos I showed him was John Lennon's Imagine. We watched it twice and then watched Lady Gaga's version of "Imagine". So many coincidences and synchronicities lately. It's time for the world to stop fighting and hating. It's time for PEACE, LOVE and HEALING. Thanks for sharing the video.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitsuzen
reply to post by angelchemuel

That video was incredibly moving. Know what's weird? On Saturday I searched the web for pictures of injured Iraqi children to show my daughter the other side of this so called war of Iraqi Freedom since our media refuses to show the incredible suffering the Iraqis have gone through and continue to go through. She was very shocked, speechless and was brought to tears. She had no idea just as many people have no idea of the devastation in Iraq thanks to media brainwashing and spin. On Monday my son stayed home from school he asked me what music I like. One of the videos I showed him was John Lennon's Imagine. We watched it twice and then watched Lady Gaga's version of "Imagine". So many coincidences and synchronicities lately. It's time for the world to stop fighting and hating. It's time for PEACE, LOVE and HEALING. Thanks for sharing the video.

I agree.............peace

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
One of the judges said it just makes everything we worry about so pathetic - I agree. Thanks for posting

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
thanks for sharing that never did see that one before !

its sad we need videos like this to respark the passion and empthy we all have for each other ! under the opression , depressions, wars , it still exists ! and moments like these help to pull that out through all the bs that topples it .!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sometimes in life, we have to thank someone who made you cry, thank you.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Thank you all for taking the time to stop by and watching and adding your comments.
I wonder how many others here on ATS came here but just couldn't post their reactions for some reason?
I watched it again just before posting my reply, and yes it gets to me every time. I really hope that Ronan gets Emmanuel to record this version his voice just IS this song.
Ronnan Keating sang this song live on TV to welcome in the Millenium here in the UK. My mum had never heard the song before and was not a Lennon or Beatles fan (she's into Classical) Bless her heart she sat there and cried and said she had never heard such a beautiful song. It is my favourite song of all time.
Just to lighten the mood and stop the tears...my 2nd is Black Betty by Ram Jam......but that's a whole different story!

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

join