It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Tower (5 Km high) in Hellas Planitia Region on Mars!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Please refrain from talking for other people, especially if you don´t seem to get what I was pointing out exactly to the other poster I responded to.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It could also be Here in Iapygia as the images on MOC use a 360°W orientation making 75°E 285° and some of the image overlap each are.

I wish they had done this with MRO images! If they have someone let me know. Meanwhile I will keep digging...

And yeah I know a little about Mars.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is very close!

And there are some odd dark objects in this area. Too bad this is a reference image.

I will keep digging...

Original image found here:www.msss.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My friend,

Could/would you link the original image from NASA's website please?

I find this very, VERY hard to believe

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Please refrain from talking for other people, especially if you don´t seem to get what I was pointing out exactly to the other poster I responded to.

Thank you.

I did make sure to say "He was probably" talking about the 3D buildings option.

And what I said is true. Chadwickus was talking about the "3D buildings" option in GoogleEarth. The 3D building option shows CGI buildings -- NOT real pictures -- and simulated shadows. Therefore, the fact that the eiffel tower is real is not relevant to [what I think] Chadwickus' point was...and that point [I think] is that GoogleEarth shows simulated shadows for their CGI Eiffel tower, and probably shows simulated shadows for the computer-generated "Mars tower" that is the subject of this thread.

The "3D building" version of the Eiffel tower is not real, and the shadows are simulated -- Although the Eiffel tower really does exist. However, that doesn't mean that the Mars tower is real, even though it has similar simulated shadows.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Finally I knew MRO had to have a clickable map of Mars!

I will rumage around here for awhile and come up with something...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
From what I can tell, the tower would be in the center the circled area (according to the OP's coordinates). This is the best resolution image I can find right now (I'm still looking).

To get a sense of scale, the crater to the upper right of the circle (outside the circle, at the "2 o'clock" position) is about 10.5 km in diameter, and the small crater at about the "9 o'clock" position (inside the red circle) is about 1.5 km in d1ameter. The red circle itself is approximately 20 km in diameter.

To orient yourself, here is the "You Are Here" map, with the arrow pointing to the area I have circled in the image above. The magenta area in the below image is the entire Hellas Planitia:

edit on 10/19/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Looks like this is as close as MRO gets

viewer.mars.asu.edu...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
why do, no offense, "old people" always assume computers are infallible?

this is so obviously just some glitch. its embarrassing to waste everyones time(yours included) on such ignorant fantasy.

Ignorant fantasy is believe that intelligent humanoid species is exclusivity of Earth. How come someone who's part of a civilization that believes the pyramids of Giza were built by malnourished slaves, using chisels, bamboo scaffolding, ropes and wooden cranes, DARES to use the word "embarrassing"??

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
MRO link to area within Hellas

Actually a crater above Hellas but in the same co-ordinates given
edit on 19-10-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
And just for fun or if you are really bored here is the data in the same area for...

MRO - CTX

Mars Global Surveyor MOC

Themis whos link did not want to add correctly lol global-data.mars.asu.edu...

Mars Express HRSC

and finally
VIKING

edit on 19-10-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I belive its only bug. I don't see that in this picture of that region. Its a crater, why there would be huge tower in it?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Ok Thebel no offense but that is Hellas Basin or Crater which is 2,300 km wide so in this image you would not even be able to view an object 5 km in size. Second this is MOLA data which shows elevation but if this was image that was being used yes a 5 km object is about the size of a half a pixel (if that) and would be HUGELY erroneous!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
I belive its only bug. I don't see that in this picture of that region. Its a crater, why there would be huge tower in it?

Thebel --

The area in question is very small. The arrow in this picture is pointing to the area in question (see my post above for a higher-res image of that area):

edit on 10/19/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's a giant alien ant hill lol sorry couldn't resist. In all honesty probably a glitch.
Who knows until we get there and have a look for ourselves.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ok so I downloaded Google Earth to have a look at this myself. Because it seems to me this is MOLA Data And if that is the case the Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter or MOLA does not support a resolution high enough for this object and is therefore an artifact.

But I will look at it first and still trying to find some images of this region to put this in context...but it is looking less like a monument and more like a Mole(MOLA)hill...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Amazing.. thanks for posting Arken, I love your threads.
We need more highres pictures of that location, its worth checking out

s&f

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
On the photos that are posted it lists ESA (European Space Agency) and G Neukum.

The ESA has been photographing all of mars for several years with a satellite in mars orbit, they release more non doctored pics than NASA.

G Neukum is one of the lead persons responsible for viewing and releasing ESA pics to the public. Many think he is working to reveal more than what NASA wants people to see.

Because this has ESA and G Neukum both listed I would say there is high credibility.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In defense of the OP its possible to have a 5km structure on Mars. Olympus Mons the youngest volcano on Mars its summit is 21 km above datum (Mars "sea" level). So it possible on Mars to have a 5km structure.

Now that said computer generated images don't count for proof.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ok I finally found an reference image that is 100% at the area and does show the formation. It is not in a very high resolution but of course I will keep digging. I have a caveat however when you go to find the object you probably won’t see it. But I found it in MOLA data and in THEMIS. I will put together something soon that will prove this is the correct location and the object in question but I want to find some more images first...

viewer.mars.asu.edu...

I can say it is shaping up to be at least interesting!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join