It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Tower (5 Km high) in Hellas Planitia Region on Mars!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I thought Phage would definitely be on this thread by now. I wonder what he has to say...for myself I say it's a graphics error. In 3-D imaging, when you attempt to stretch out a certain area or polygon you can get opposite effects if you don't select it right. This picture appears to be a result of that.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Anyone who felt this was proof of anything needs to learn to question their own understanding because as stated throughout this thread these are 3D textures that are computer generated based off the data that it is fed. That data travels all the way through space and natural phenomenom and contains errors from transmition, failing hardware or programming mistakes.

As pointed out already it is not uncommon to see these mistakes represent themself to you in 3D giving you a misconception the object is different than it actually is.

Understand how a computers & telecommunications work and you understand the information your brain interprets.
It may be right, but any objects of interest would likely require a review of the data and possibly of the object itself.

Check the sources sources and question the question.
Spyda

edit on 20-10-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Who said anything about it being "man" made?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Let's see out of all the millions of years out of all the meteor and comet impacts and there sits a 5km devil's tower?

Sorry not buying it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

uhhhh....

You're joking, right?

This is Google Mars..... A 3d program. A program which allows you to scale up mountains for effects....A program known to be inaccurate for many elements.

It's not like some NASA thing came along and scanned this.

This is google mars....

Please get real.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
There was a thread about this some time ago,and it was discovered that those "towers"
were actually dust devils.

Lol. Thats funny. I'm sure they would like to convince one that dust devils come in jagged tower formation mode. But they obviously think everyone is so silly and foolish they'll believe anything.

marsanomalyresearch.com...

Good stuff here!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The many smaller scale smooth blotchy areas scattered all around in this scene's terrain are digital blur and smudge image tampering applications done at differing resolution levels. These break up and mask the true surface details and hide specific evidence of something in this terrain as well as break up the terrain in favor of false detail and any familiar frame of reference objects in it that might tip us off to the true size scale here. All of the Clementine imaging in the lighter color areas so prevalent on the far side is covered in this type of alternating light and dark color tampering that breaks up organized patterns, natural or artificial, into this mostly chaotic meaningless jumble and lack of true detail.

The key to one particular type of evidence detail that is being well hidden by these plentiful tampering applications are the great numbers of tiny specks you see embedded in these applications. Note that, as reported in previous report #067, these specks are uniformly geometric and rectangular in shape rather than simple irregular spots such as natural geology or imaging artifacts like bad pixels might produce. These specks are a little less apparent detail wise in this scene because of slightly poorer resolution than in some of those in the previous report but their rectangular nature can still be determined.

As previously reported, these specks are, in my opinion, the reflective roof tops of artificial structures where the automated tampering applications have mapped to and encircled the base and side areas of the structures at closer resolutions than released to us but have left the more reflective roof tops out of the tampering application to break up the tampering application's otherwise smooth featureless surface texture and then drawn back to a more the more distant resolution you see here to further compromise detail.

As I've reported before, this tampering technique is typical and quite effective in covering up normal size evidence. But, the massive structures like the one you see above are not adequately obscured by this smaller scale treatment and require more pronounced treatments that wind up being visually more obvious, again as you see above.

Lots of evidence of tampering being done here!

Many other pictures and indepth analysis.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You're joking, right?

Ehmm...... NO.
At all.
You?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Do you know how computers work?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
And while on Mars subject, lets look at some other dust devils, odd smudges etc etc.

Recently Dr. Tom Van Flandern, who's Meta Research web site can be found here at www.metaresearch.org... and who is a principle member of SPSR (Society for Planetary SETI Research), held a press conference at the Press Club in Washington, D.C. where he released a number of his team's discoveries of anomalies on Mars. In the press conference, there was mostly a lot of ambiguous very debatable images and a lot of talk about the frustrations this team of scholars and scientists have with standard peer review publications stone walling publishing their material. There was only a brief passing mention of one anomaly image strip that, in my opinion, is worth more than all the rest of their material combined. The anomalies in that MOC M08-04688 image strip are now presented in my first image at the top of this piece and the second image below.....

The third image above is taken a little further down in the strip and demonstrates two things. First, you can see how thick and dense this tightly packed forest of plants/trees is or perhaps I should say was. Second, it shows more healthy but still failing plants in the upper portion and outright field of dead plants in advanced deterioration in the lower portion and this gets worse the further down in the strip you go from this point on. Pay attention to this type of terrain in the lower portion because you will see it again in other image strips that I will later report on where different species of plants are taking root in this heavy decomposition vegetation matter.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

The many smaller scale smooth blotchy areas scattered all around in this scene's terrain are digital blur and smudge image tampering applications done at differing resolution levels. These break up and mask the true surface details and hide specific evidence of something in this terrain as well as break up the terrain in favor of false detail and any familiar frame of reference objects in it that might tip us off to the true size scale here. All of the Clementine imaging in the lighter color areas so prevalent on the far side is covered in this type of alternating light and dark color tampering that breaks up organized patterns, natural or artificial, into this mostly chaotic meaningless jumble and lack of true detail.

The key to one particular type of evidence detail that is being well hidden by these plentiful tampering applications are the great numbers of tiny specks you see embedded in these applications. Note that, as reported in previous report #067, these specks are uniformly geometric and rectangular in shape rather than simple irregular spots such as natural geology or imaging artifacts like bad pixels might produce. These specks are a little less apparent detail wise in this scene because of slightly poorer resolution than in some of those in the previous report but their rectangular nature can still be determined.

As previously reported, these specks are, in my opinion, the reflective roof tops of artificial structures where the automated tampering applications have mapped to and encircled the base and side areas of the structures at closer resolutions than released to us but have left the more reflective roof tops out of the tampering application to break up the tampering application's otherwise smooth featureless surface texture and then drawn back to a more the more distant resolution you see here to further compromise detail.

As I've reported before, this tampering technique is typical and quite effective in covering up normal size evidence. But, the massive structures like the one you see above are not adequately obscured by this smaller scale treatment and require more pronounced treatments that wind up being visually more obvious, again as you see above.

Lots of evidence of tampering being done here!

Many other pictures and indepth analysis.

Thanks Unity_99!

This is the exact "Clementine Moon Tower image" that come to my mind when I saw the "Tower on Mars"!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It's just yet another amazing natural formation in an amazing universe.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Finally in THEMIS enlarged The object may not be what the arrow is pointing to I just want to point it out..

What the heck is that?

Thought about making an animated .gif but I am tired and my tooth hurts
lol

Original THEMIS image here That is how you track down an anomaly...

OR THIS?

Please, verify abeverage.
Thank you very much for your skilled technical approach!

Stars!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Let's see out of all the millions of years out of all the meteor and comet impacts and there sits a 5km devil's tower?

Sorry not buying it.

Why not? Asteroids don't come with on board pin point targeting systems. The Devil's marbles in Australia, balancing boulders, have been there for1640 million years and no asteriod or meteor has toppled them.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Arken

Do you know how computers work?

Do you know how NASA/ESA imagery, before public release, work?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Come on, looks like that tower is just normal terrain, but heightened by accident, as you can see its smoother compared to terrain around. Its a bug.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory
reply to post by Arken

5km would suggest some huge crustal displacement or destruction
this is weird as
how could it be symetrical..the pictures dont look like it, and if it is that would infer inteligent design

Symmetry happens in nature all the time for example

Giants Causeway Northern Ireland symmetrical YES manmade or artificial NO!

The youtube video claims it was a statue of a pharaoh with the head off another delusional fantasy

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon

I just want this over. Had enough of their lies, the gate keepers, all of it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The craters have shadows your object doesn't !

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This region is known for dust clouds, which rise up to several km. If a computer creates a 3d image from photos with such dust pillars in it, it surely can look like a tower. The shape will look different the smaller the object was on the original material.

For some reason I get an I/O-error, when I try to upload a picture, but here is a link with some explanative pictures on this German site:
Dust devils on Mars

When you scroll down a bit, you find some photos with a white arrow. This white arrow points on a dust pillar (or dust devil) which can be measured to be 8 km high by it's shadow. You also can see other such dust pillars, since it is a very common phenomenon.
Also you see, how small these objects look in the photos. This explains the "structure of the building", because the computer had too little information to render it correctly and it appears with solid lines and angles instead of chaotic whirls.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join