It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns West of 'strong confrontation' to any 'inappropriate measures'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

Is Israel really a threat to peace in the region or is the mere existence of Israel a threat to peace in the region?

Well for starters... Israel's nuclear arsenal and war mongering tactics are a threat to peace in the region. Israel's existence as a moral standpoint is questionable, that is for another thread though. Personally I would have no problem with Israel if they changed. But as they stand they are a terrorist, apartheid state.

Do you realize that your own comments completely validate the paranoid sentiment of the Israeli government and many of it's citizens?

Please be more specific because I have no idea what you mean.

It is because of this warped mentality that Israel must remain eternally vigilant in ensuring it's security as a sovereign nation.

Israel must remain vigilant because they are illegally occupying land that is constantly being stolen from the rightful inhabitants. It's security as a sovereign nation has always been at risk since it is a nation built on lies and deceit. Shame on you for blindly supporting a murderous regime who's practices apartheid actions on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Iranian government are very concerned with domestic issues at present. Support to get rid of the ruling rabble never really vanished, just went further underground and gains support by the day. My biggest concern is for the Iranian people, they don't want this government, but they don't want to be bombed neither! I'd be all for the West to get inside the regime and topple it from the inside, but I don't think they will be able to do that. They will be able to do it on the streets, but this mob won't leave without a fight, it needs the military to turn against them. I wish the Iranian people all the best, nobody will come to their aid, they will be bombed, I think it is certain, just when.
China will moan, Russia will moan, neither will veto a vote to attack, both will get investments protected and then it will be bombs away. I've said this before, people seem to think the world is divided up through nations, its divided up through wealth. These little nations are finished, these so called developing nations are put in their place. They may have had a hope 50 years ago, but not now. America, Russia and the whole of Europe will simply look to get what their companies can get and divide it up accordingly. America will always have the final say, regardless of what public perception is, America even now is the dog that barks the loudest and bites the most aggressively. China are playing top dog, but I have a bad feeling that they've been set up to fail and fail massively. At the end of the day, it is the average working people across the planet, the retired folks that have worked all their lives, those unfortunate to be incapacitated and their future generations that suffer the most and always will.
Iran's government will fall, but it will be the Iranian people who will bare the brunt of the impact.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
Is Israel really a threat to peace in the region or is the mere existence of Israel a threat to peace in the region?

Israel has bombed Iraqi reactors.
Israel has bombed Syrian reactors.
Israel has threatened many times to bomb Iranian reactors.
Israeli agents have assassinated scientists working for Iraq.
Israeli agents have assassinated scientists working for Iran, as well as supported general terrorism in Iran.

When was the last time foreign agents conducted terrorism or military strikes within Israel (aside from the Lebannese that is)?

Yes, because all of those countries have attacked Israel in the past and would not hesitate to use nuclear weapons against Israel if they were capable.

As for your last question, Hamas and Hezbollah are known terrorist regimes that are funded by Iran, and the most recent rocket attacks on Israeli civilians occured a few weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Well for starters... Israel's nuclear arsenal and war mongering tactics are a threat to peace in the region. Israel's existence as a moral standpoint is questionable, that is for another thread though. Personally I would have no problem with Israel if they changed. But as they stand they are a terrorist, apartheid state.

Do you realize that your own comments completely validate the paranoid sentiment of the Israeli government and many of it's citizens?

Please be more specific because I have no idea what you mean.

It is because of this warped mentality that Israel must remain eternally vigilant in ensuring it's security as a sovereign nation.

Israel must remain vigilant because they are illegally occupying land that is constantly being stolen from the rightful inhabitants. It's security as a sovereign nation has always been at risk since it is a nation built on lies and deceit. Shame on you for blindly supporting a murderous regime who's practices apartheid actions on a daily basis.

-Israel was legally established as a sovereign state by the UN. If you question it morally that is your prerogative, but you cannot question it legally.

-Israel is not warmongering. Israel faces a constant threat to it's existence and has reacted accordingly. What happened in the Gulf War? The U.S. came to the aid of Kuwait and invaded Iraq and Saddam Hussein launched missile against Israel. Why? Syria (Iran's proxy) has stated that if it is attacked by NATO forces it will fire missiles on Tel Aviv. Why?

-Israel is not a terrorist apartheid state. Are you aware that 1.5 million Arab Israeli citizens live in Israel (not Gaza/West Bank) and enjoy a much higher standard of living than most Arabs living in Muslim countries?

-Many Israelis feel a sense of paranoia that their security is at risk because of past terrorist attacks and the constant threat that is present among surrounding nations. When you and others condemn Israel for acting in self defense, it contributes to their sense of paranoia.

-As for the issue of illegally occupying land, I do not condone the building of settlements on disputed land. However, that is not the crux of the issue. If it was, the conflict would have been resolved long ago. Israel has withdrawn from occupied land in the past and Hamas used the land to fire rockets on Israeli civilians from closer range.

The Hamas Charter states that it will not recognize Israel's right to exist within any established borders. Iran, Hamas, and Hezbollah have publicy condemned and ridculed Mahmoud Abbas for applying for UN recognition of Statehood because it was based on the premise of sharing the land based on 1967 borders. As a result, Israel faces tremendous obstacles in negotiating a peaceful two state solution.

In all honesty, how would you expect your government to react in similar circumstances?

Many of you are quick to criticize Israel, and I haven't always condoned the actions of the Israeli government either, but please, at least try to be objective when considering the volatile situation in the region.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Israel has bombed Iraqi reactors.
Israel has bombed Syrian reactors.
Israel has threatened many times to bomb Iranian reactors.
Israeli agents have assassinated scientists working for Iraq.
Israeli agents have assassinated scientists working for Iran, as well as supported general terrorism in Iran.

When was the last time foreign agents conducted terrorism or military strikes within Israel (aside from the Lebannese that is)?

Yes, because all of those countries have attacked Israel in the past and would not hesitate to use nuclear weapons against Israel if they were capable.

As for your last question, Hamas and Hezbollah are known terrorist regimes that are funded by Iran, and the most recent rocket attacks on Israeli civilians occured a few weeks ago.

When has Iran attacked modern Israel? Last time I checked, Iran was fully compliant with accepting Israel's existence when the CIA/MI6/Mossad put Shah Pavlavi into power in the early 50s.

Your assumption that these countries would use nukes against Israel is complete subjecture. That ignorance does not justify Israel bombing assets in rival countries in proximity. If Iran ever bombed the Dimora nuclear plant in Israel, where active Israeli nuclear weapons are stored, Israel would probably nuke Iran in response.

It doesn't take a fool to see that Israel has all of the nuclear weapons that it needs to deter invasion and they have no objection to making sure that rival countries do not find themselves in the same defensive positioning (unlike Pakistan).

Hamas is the democratically elected acting government that represents the residents of Gaza. Just because Israel and the West doesn't like this fact doesn't change it. Calling them a terrorist organization is fine and dandy as long as you accept that Israel has been conducting terrorism against them without limits.

Hezballah also happens to be part of the Lebannese government, voted in democratically. If we want to start calling democratically elected organizations as "terrorists" then it should be applied both ways.

-Israel is not a terrorist apartheid state.

Then what is it, a friendly apartheid state?

edit on 17-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

You are entitled to your opinion, and you can refer to my sentiments as conjecture, but history has shown that Israel cannot be complacent or they risk annihilation.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
you can run but you can't hide from the IMF

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It is not an apartheid state at all. The mere reference to the term is a complete fallacy.

As I mentioned, there are 1.5 million Arabs living in Israel as citizens that enjoy a higher standard of living than the average Arab living in Muslim countries. Arab Israeli citizens are affluent, vote, elected to Parliament, own businesses, serve in the IDF, represent the national soccer team...

Is that your definition of apartheid? If only the black population of the former apartheid South Africa had it so good.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hi,

when this whole conflict started about a week ago I remembered a website post regarding Edgar Cayce's predictions that I read about a year ago:

"[...] The October Surprise

On October 28, 2011 the world will wait for the end of everything. A nuclear device is detonated over the Iranian city of Bushehr, the location of Iran’s nuclear reactor. At first no one knows how the device is delivered. Stealth and missile technology are combine so that there is no warning. All is OK and then the nuclear blast. As impossible at it seems at the time, nuclear nations contact each other and agree not to launch their weapons. It is the first nuclear attack on a civilian target since WW II. Humanity will need to wait until 2014 before 37 cities are annihilated by nuclear blast.

It is later discover that Israel was responsible for the attack on Bushehr. The suspicion that Israel has nuclear weapons is over. The world will be buffeted by one natural disaster after another after the nuclear blast. Religious belief will grow as many spread the word that God is angry will mankind. Religious fanaticism will also spread and heighten.[...]" - link
I am sure i read about this in the article about a year ago, and now it seems not as impossible as it seemed last year.

Not sure though what to make about this supposed prediction from Casey that is stated on the website, but maybe somebody with deeper knowledge of Edgar Cayce's predictions knows more. But in any way, it seems all of a sudden a possibility and the timing (Oct 28 2011 is mentioned as the date for the attack to happen) is at least good timing.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Iran is upset about the u.s. Attempting to cut off their central bank from the rest of the world. Cutting off the bank would collapse their whole economy and that's what the u.s. Is trying to do in response to their attempted assassination of the Saudi ambassador.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Do not make the mistake of thinking the US/West is unhurtable. Being blind to our weaknesses tends to be how we are beaten. The fact that we can't seem to acknowledge our weaknesses does not mean others are not exploring and plotting.

You should fear retribution from Iran, specifically because they tend not to back down from adversaries, but their history and track record suggests that you should not fear their aggression.

Why are people so eager to start another war when the shortage of willing "meat for the grinder" means a Draft (Conscription for those who would use that term) would inevitably follow such a world-engulfing insanity? Iran may not be a significant direct threat to the US, but alliances and treaties can be formed without our knowledge. With China and Russia on its side, Iran could inflict massive (maybe I should underline that word) damage on the West.

The US does not have the only ball in the park. It would be a mistake to get cocky.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The interesting tennis match continues between Khamenei and Ahmadinejad.

October 6th:

"(Reuters) - Iranian hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, whose campaign pledge was to combat corruption, is facing a fresh political blow over the biggest financial scandal in Iran's history.

"The $2.6 billion scam has taken on political dimensions as some hardline politicians have linked the main suspect in the fraud to a so-called "deviant current," allegedly led by Ahmadinejad's chief of staff and closest ally."

"Now Ahmadinejad's hands are filled with the scam ... Weakened in the eye of the nation, Ahmadinejad has been rendered impotent to initiate any political action ahead of the (March 2012) parliament vote," said a former senior official, who asked not to be named."

www.reuters.com...

October 16th:

"The ongoing feud between Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei escalated on Sunday when Khamenei, in a speech to students, hinted at future changes in Iran’s electoral laws that would allow parliament to choose the president. Such a move would emasculate the powers of the presidency since members of the parliament, or Majlis, are all vetted for office by the powerful Guardian Council, which is completely under the control of the Supreme Leader."

frontpagemag.com...

Interesting timing of these comments by Khamenei. You would think the two of them would at least be putting on a fake united front for the immediate time being.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrivaled1

Little third world Iran is only a threat because Israel says so. Outlaw the Israeli lobby, and you will save countless American lives!
edit on 17-10-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

look past the threat to the USA, If they are attacked, Iran that is, be sure Israel will be bombed from not just the Iranians, but anyone else who feels the need to aswell. The implications of a 1st strike against Iran are enormous. Any strike on Israel will most certainly usher in WW3, and then the USA and her allies will have some vesy tough decisions to make. Take into account Syria, Hezbollah and other networks that are against Israel and the west operating in the region aswell. This is not a walk in, walk out scenario and not as easy as you make it out to be.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Jordan, who are now considered a regional ally, attacked Israel 60 odd years ago alongside the likes of Iraq, Syria etc. When did Iran attack Israel and if they did, point me in the right direction. As for Hamas, take a look at Gaza. If you were treated like that, would you sit back and watch your children starve? Israel are causing most of the problems themselves through pure stupidity. How about you show me the last time Iran actually attacked anyone in recent history? I know you must back your allies in, but this is a joke.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
the game between BAAL(Iran) and YHWH(USA-ISRAEL) will start soon , lets make the bets , ....BAAL-YHWH=1-0,......and you know why?....because arround the earth the gods space-ships alliance(BAAL) are waitting for YHWH to make a move ,and then KBOOM !!,..bye,bye

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Iran might be chirping, but they dont want this fight...There isnt one nation that wants to go to battle with USA, not China, not Russia and certainly not Iran....We are a beast....If you want to fight battles in your own country than keep talking smack to the US, cause you know we arent backing down...I dont want our military to get involved in another conflict, but I know well enough that the US isnt going anywhere, thats their MO...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

It is not an apartheid state at all. The mere reference to the term is a complete fallacy.

As I mentioned, there are 1.5 million Arabs living in Israel as citizens that enjoy a higher standard of living than the average Arab living in Muslim countries. Arab Israeli citizens are affluent, vote, elected to Parliament, own businesses, serve in the IDF, represent the national soccer team...

Is that your definition of apartheid? If only the black population of the former apartheid South Africa had it so good.

Are you serious... You don't think Israel is an apartheid state? You must be blind or something.

I have some suggested reading for you: "Three Wishes: Palestinian and Israeli Children Speak" by Deborah Ellis. It's a quick read and it will educate you on how Israeli and Palestinian children feel about each other after being raised under constant threat of terror from each other's sides.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Even if the plot is true. Why would we go to war over this? What is soooooo special about these people anyways? And if it did happen, then why don't THEY,THEY, go to war with them. WHY is it that we are involved to go to war anyways. Why don't they fix their own problems, leave us out of it. But NOOOOO, OIL is involved and that is the blood of the world. Prison the peoples for or sanction the ones who made it happen. END OF STORY. Why don't they just go out and admitt it. Concquer and destroy. Concquer the oil, destroy the opposition, but NOOOOO. Fight their own battles. Isn't america sick and tired of fighting wars for the elite to get richer?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn

Anyone watching this situation knows Iran Is at fault. They will remain "safe" only if they drop their nuclear plans to delelop a weapon. .

It's kinda hard for Iran to drop their plans to develop a nuclear weapon.......when there aren't any!

It's a parallel to the Iraq situation.....the US gave Saddam an ultimatum to give up his WMDs.........Saddam couldn't because he had none!

Israel is a paranoid administration under Netanyahu.........they are scared that Iran will develop a nuclear bomb..........so want to stop ANY nuclear development even for civilian purposes......
It would be the same if ANY Arab country wanted to pursue nuclear energy........they wouldn't be allowed to because of Israeli paranoia.

Iran on the other hand doesn't like to be dictated to especially by Israel and the US.

Are the Iranians really to blame?..........not entirely in my opinion.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join