It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns West of 'strong confrontation' to any 'inappropriate measures'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
Iran should shut up, they have mouthed off for long enough...

Time would be better spent digging deep holes in the sand and hiding fast...

The message they have chosen to send for years has been clear, they will get the response needed soon or bow low and play nice....

Do you think this recession is not war related? Take a look at a map Iran is being squeezed hard...

Provide your proof the plot is false... Even if you can it wont matter this will happen, just a matter of time...
edit on 16-10-2011 by 5StarOracle because: ...

Why not "YOU" prove the plot is legit!

How many times has America been sullied by war mongering death sqauds that reside in the highest office, how many nations have America invaded since the 2nd World War compared to Iran,

If Iran has wanted to assinate anybody, it'd be done with a trail else where!

What about the American CIA chap that was arrested for shooting two Pakistani Agents earlier this year and released with $m's in blood money,

So you my war thirty friend, should sign up and get to the front of the line! I'll be no where near because In 20 yrs we've had not justification for war or intervention, and quite frankly more folk need to highlight the global atrocities being committed daily by your illegal president! Nobel Peace Prize my "ASS"

It is you who is on "YOUR" knees, pacified by MTV, McD's and Cool Aid

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Hmmmm nope, no problem with the link seems to be working fine.
Here is another.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I've said it once now I'm going to say it again. Some people are going on and on about how Iran treats it's people.

Iran's strange laws and how they treat people does not threaten the international community. There is no need to vaporize through Nuclear War every man, woman and child just because you don't agree with how they treat their people.

This threat from Zionist controlled America is nothing more than a quest for grabbing Iran's oil. Same as Libya was and any other country America has raped and pillaged.

The 3 biggest producers of Oil in the middle east are Iraq, Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Now, through genocidal war the Zionists have grabbed Iraq, the Saudi's have bowed down and are taking America up their keesters so Saudi has been grabbed. The only other big Oil producer is Iran. So now they are in the process of grabbing Iran. This is done through propaganda and lies to demonize the country for the eyes of the people of the west!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

I'm glad you took the time to approach the situation in an unbiased fashion and actually made up your own mind. So many people submit to whatever the news tells them. I used to believe most of what the news told me because I would refuse to consider that the governments of the world who I thought had our best intentions in their thoughts would actually do the evil things that they do.

Once I realized that the world governments are crooks, I started realizing contradictions in almost everything they said. Ever since then, the truth has been easier to figure out.

Your quick search even proved that Iran is not the evil nation that the western media makes it out to be.

I don't blame you for being concerned for realizing that you are lumped in with Israel

I would be embarrassed too. My country (Canada) bows to Israel too if it makes you feel better

Hope this isn't too far off topic but Canada has become a war supporting nation too. Our current government praises almost all American and Israeli foreign policies. It probably won't be long until Canada joins in the saber rattling. When the Iraq and Afghanistan wars began we made it clear our role would only be a peacekeeping mission.

Once we had an election and our government changed our role became more combat driven and the Canadians were no longer viewed as a friendly peacekeeping nation. We have since joined other massacres such as Libya. I fear that Canadians will be involved in the upcoming Iran war. The thing is, most Canadians know the current propaganda is all BS and we don't agree with it.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
reply to post by Laxpla

Funny how anything from western journalism is bunk but anything from Iran is truth.

ATS is too much fun sometimes.

Most of us use mainstream sources because if we use a less known source we are usually accused of using biased material. I agree with you when you point out the irony in people who constantly criticize mainstream news yet will use it in debate to support their argument. Unfortunately it's part of the game. Using a blog or biased source just doesn't pull any weight around here. If I am to use a non mainstream source, I always at least try to include one mainstream source with it.

With all that being said, you can never expect the full story with all the details from the mainstream news. You appear to be a believer of the mainstream lies judging by your beliefs you have shown in this thread. I find it surprising that you are Canadian and share these primitive attitudes. Have you ever met any Iranians? I assure you that they are not mat at us or our way of life. They are kind of sick of corrupt war mongering nations making lies up about them though. Who would have thunk it

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Europe won't get washed away. I tell you what WILL happen though. The moment we feel threatened by muslims, we will either kill them or deport all of them from Europe. Europe can be cold and heartless. Look at history.

You would have fit in perfectly with the Nazis.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
What a STUPID statement by Iran. So it sounds like they are admitting guilt. So they will only respond to "inappropriate measures" but they wont respond to "appropriate" measures? What would an appropriate measure be then that they would not respond to? Idiots.

If the US imposed more sanctions i guess Iran would say that is appropriate LOL.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Iran warns West of 'strong confrontation' to any 'inappropriate measures'

www.haaretz.com

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warned on Sunday that Tehran would respond robustly to any "inappropriate measure" by Western powers linked to an alleged Iranian plot to kill the Saudi ambassador to Washington, state television reported.

"Any inappropriate measure against Iran, whether political or security-related, will be strongly confronted by the Iranian nation," Khamenei said, in a clear reference to U.S. allegations that two men with links to Iran's security forces had planned to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the United States.

Iran says the allegation is w
(visit the link for the full news article)

I read this post various times in the hopes to find where Iran "admits guilt". After realizing that no matter how I approach this, there is no admission of guilt. I don't use this word very often, but this is an obvious troll attempt.

I am open to possibilities. Please point out where in that article that it indicates Iran admits guilt.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
So, the anti Iranian propaganda machine is back in full swing is it?

Wondered how long it would be before the 'Iranian distraction' was wheeled out...yet again.

I know, let's forget all the protests against virtually all of the Western governments, mega banks and corporations who are raping the people and the planet for their own ends, let's bring out the Iranian bogey men again, that'll scare them into amnesia!

Same old, same old.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Iran should shut up? You do realise all it takes is a few missiles to land on Tel Aviv or any other major city in Israel and you may be looking at a nuclear response from the Zionists? Syria have already warned NATO, and I do not think Iran will go easy if they are attacked aswell. Israel stated years ago they would use nuclear weapons if any of their cities were attacked.... I get the feeling these local countries would know this aswell.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla

Hmmmm nope, no problem with the link seems to be working fine.
Here is another.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This link has the same sort of problem

It is not clear how credible the intelligence cited is considered

Along with a whole lot of "allegedly" and "it's claimed", so nope, try again with proof

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I don't know why their silly threats are bothering anyone. Just what exactly are they gonna do? Hit US interests with their flying Fisher Price speed boats? Iran is barely out of the iron age. Hell, they can't even launch a monkey into space safely in 2011! Irans threats amount to nothing more than a bluff.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Along with a whole lot of "allegedly" and "it's claimed", so nope, try again with proof

You noticed that too?

That article was a joke

It's funny how people ignore all the words like allegedly. The words are right there in plain view, not hidden at all.

I sometimes wonder if people even read articles before using them as evidence.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

Europe won't get washed away. I tell you what WILL happen though. The moment we feel threatened by muslims, we will either kill them or deport all of them from Europe. Europe can be cold and heartless. Look at history.

You would have fit in perfectly with the Nazis.

Can't say I really fit, but ate least they got s*** done.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Soshh
Zzzz... At least once every couple of days, some Iranian military/government/religious official will make an almost identical announcement warning that "Western/Zionist aggression" will receive a "robust response" or something along those lines.

You better hope they don't ever actually follow through with it..

They are no threat to the West. However we are to them. Maybe they shouldn't be so reckless with their words.

Not to the west as a whole, but fragment us and we are vulnerable. Not to mention our allies in the region, AND theirs.
There are lots of indirect methods they can employ that they haven't already or we'd damn well know it.

Impossible to fragment us. At the end of the day, it's the top dogs that run the show in every country in the West. And it happens that they are all good friends.

But seriously. This myth that we wouldn't be able to take on Syria, Iran and some other ME country at the same time is nonsense. We would easily.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Wonder if this will be considered inappropriate?

US on High Alert, Conducts Drill in Israel and Saudi Arabia

(First Publish: 10/16/2011, 1:19 PM)

The United States is conducting a week-long large-scale aerial exercise in Israel and Saudi Arabia as a navy fleet sails to the Mediterranean in preparation for any surprise flare-ups in the Middle East as Israel and frees 1,027 terrorists and security prisoners in exchange for kidnapped soldier Gilad Shalit.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It's appropriate

I'm willing to bet this exercise was planned well before the "foiled terror plot" if you catch my drift.

It's ironic, I just posted that exact same link in a different thread discussing this exercise. Alex Jones is reporting this so I had to try and find a different source and this was the first one that came up.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

It's appropriate

I'm willing to bet this exercise was planned well before the "foiled terror plot" if you catch my drift.

It's ironic, I just posted that exact same link in a different thread discussing this exercise. Alex Jones is reporting this so I had to try and find a different source and this was the first one that came up.

yep,

seems they have all the ducks in a row!

I saw your post and link after I posted.

Somebody sent me the story in email.

Is that Israeli source reliable? Can't find other direct stories yet.

Is the US military really IN Israel for this?

What if one of those Hamas pop bottle rockets hits a US plane?

Wheeeeeeewwwww

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sorry never mind.

Video was incorrect.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Looks like Iran is backpedaling a bit.

(CNN) -- Iran is willing to look at evidence that an Iranian man plotted to kill Saudi Arabia's ambassador to the United States, the country's foreign minister said Monday, even as he denied the allegations had "the necessary basis in fact."

"We are prepared to consider any issue, even if it is falsely created, with patience. We have asked the Unites States to provide us with the relevant information regarding this scenario," Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi told the Islamic Republic News Agency.

Salehi's apparent willingness to look at evidence of the plot comes in stark contrast to the response of the country's supreme leader on Saturday.

CNN Article

So this new developement may delay any further sanctions and head this off if Iran chooses to work with the U.S. looking into said plot. If war can be prevented then we are all the better for it.

Interesting how the article reports on the "down with America" speech Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is giving. Can you imagine the condemnation U.S. citizens would recieve if we were chanting "down with Iran," while listening to a speech from our president! That is what I do not understand, which nation wants war? Both?

"They (the U.S.) want to isolate Iran," Khamenei said over chants of "down with America" in a speech before thousands in the western Iranian city of Gilangharb.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BuffDaddy

I don't think that indicates any backpedaling whatsoever.

I mean really, what do you expect them to do?

If someone accuses me of doing something I am innocent of, I deny guilt then ask for proof of this unjust accusation. Which is exactly what Iran has done.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join