It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns West of 'strong confrontation' to any 'inappropriate measures'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
reply to post by Unrivaled1

There is a reason the US Constitution gives americans the right to own and bear arms. That reason is so the people can meet a unjust governments force with equal force.

That amendment is there for the sake of the American people arming themselves to fight THEIR OWN unjust government. Don't you think it unconstitutional when the American government forcibly disarms its own people during times of crisis (like in Katrina)?

Hell yes!!

As I said, the american people need a backbone and need to start disobeying unlawful demands by the government.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

From your own source:

The translation presented by the official Islamic Republic News Agency has been challenged by Arash Norouzi, who says the statement "wiped off the map" was never made and that Ahmadinejad did not refer to the nation or land mass of Israel, but to the "regime occupying Jerusalem". Norouzi translated the original Persian to English, with the result, "the Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time.

Once again Iran is being accused of something they did not do. They even denied this accusation. Iran is not in the habit of kissing ass, they are not trying to impress anyone. The Zionist media is still pushing that lie. How does it feel to be part of that?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by 5StarOracle

I'm not trying to make Iran look like an innocent victim, but they appear to be innocent of what they are being accused of.

Not exactly innocent, but rather "infiltrated" by foreign controlled operatives with the clear intention of drawing the US and Iran into a war.

In my opinion, of course.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Once again Iran is being accused of something they did not do. They even denied this accusation. Iran is not in the habit of kissing ass, they are not trying to impress anyone. The Zionist media is still pushing that lie. How does it feel to be part of that?

Did you read my later post? I have never disputed what was said.

I'm part of a zionist media lie?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I looked online to see if there had ever been threats like this made before by Iran, and was blown away at the number of civil uprisings and wars that have occurred there since the 1700's. I didn't feel like I was knowledgeable at all where the Middle East was concerned felt I needed to educate myself as to what the history of Iran was in light of recent events. I was only familiar with the conflicts we've been involved in since the first gulf war. It was extremely interesting to say the least to see the history of the U.S. and how we've supported Iraq and different uprisings within Iran. It's also interesting to see how Russia has been for and against this country. I also read where they had been occupied more than once by Russia, and Britain when they've needed the land to setup military strongholds to fight battles Iran wasn't even involved in. But more than anything it is amazing how blatantly obvious most of the conflict going in that country has to do with oil, and how BP was even mentioned more than once! I didn't find where they had actually invaded other countries or thrown a lot of threats around previously in their history. Most trouble seemed to involve Iraq and battles regarding their shared border and waterways. I can certainly see how the US has had a lot of involvement in everything going on in that country, and why they might have an axe to grind with us.. now more than ever I take the recent events even more seriously as I can see where all they probably need is a really good reason to do something completely jaw dropping in retaliation to anything the U.S. or Israel does at this point..since we seem to be lumped together with the Iraelis anymore. Nerve wrecking to say the least!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I agree, I do not think that Iran would go to such lengths as to have Khomani deny the accusations if they were involved. In fact I believe he did so because Ahmadinejad has been so blatantly angry and open in his recent comments, it was politically less volatile for him to make the statement. It seems to me if they had plotted something they would take credit for it and threaten to not stop until they were successful or something to that affect, being as how it looks like we're hell bent on pointing the finger that way anyhow. I mean in my OPINION it kinda sounds like they do not want a problem, but like most people if one is started they are decidely going to defend themselves. In no way am I a supporter of Islam or terrorists, as a christian I find there actions disturbing to say the least, I'm just saying in regards to this particular point.. I don't like what's going on ... AT ALL. It smells of hidden agenda, just like the WMD controversy, which caused my youngest brother to be sent to Iraq directly out of boot camp at the age of 18.
edit on 16-10-2011 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kuhl

I don't know if war = cash so much... but I can tell you war = dead american men and women.. and with the government so concerned about depopulation... what better way to kill off a lot more people.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Laxpla

At least you provided a source

Did you notice how they excessively use the word "allegedly"? Articles like that are a dime a dozen. The mainstream is known for flooding the news with baseless reports that contradict each other to cause confusion. In order to use that article as debate in your argument you are saying that you believe that Iran actually had a part in this plot. I personally do not believe this. So any article that supports this theory is incorrect.

Hmmmm.. Maybe you are getting the two incidents in the article confused? You personally do not have to believe this, I mean were on the largest and greatest consipracy website eh?

www.nytimes.com...

I'm not debating an argument, I'm just giving what you asked

Good day

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Funny how anything from western journalism is bunk but anything from Iran is truth.

ATS is too much fun sometimes.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Iran should shut up, they have mouthed off for long enough...

No mate, the only country that's been "mouthing off" is the good ol' US of A with it's typical arrogance and hypocrisy.

These threads make me laugh. From people believing Iran could fight the US to all the anit-american sentiment I can barely keep myself from giggling like a little girl.

I can understand the worldwide frustration against the USA but for soo many europeans to be soo anti-USA while muslims are overrunning your countries is laughable. Iran is the big pusher for a muslim ruled world and just becuase of your anger over US policies you will defend the country partly responsible for dragging yours into Sharia law.

Have fun with that and be sure not to ask the USA for help when you are finally overrun and your culture is washed away.

Europe won't get washed away. I tell you what WILL happen though.

The moment we feel threatened by muslims, we will either kill them or deport all of them from Europe.
Europe can be cold and heartless. Look at history.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
Zzzz... At least once every couple of days, some Iranian military/government/religious official will make an almost identical announcement warning that "Western/Zionist aggression" will receive a "robust response" or something along those lines.

You better hope they don't ever actually follow through with it..

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Soshh
Zzzz... At least once every couple of days, some Iranian military/government/religious official will make an almost identical announcement warning that "Western/Zionist aggression" will receive a "robust response" or something along those lines.

You better hope they don't ever actually follow through with it..

They are no threat to the West. However we are to them. Maybe they shouldn't be so reckless with their words.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Laxpla

Funny how anything from western journalism is bunk but anything from Iran is truth.

ATS is too much fun sometimes.

Have you heard the rumour? Western media has been hijacked by men without integrity nor honour.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Europe won't get washed away. I tell you what WILL happen though.

The moment we feel threatened by muslims, we will either kill them or deport all of them from Europe.
Europe can be cold and heartless. Look at history.

One can hope and you'll have my support. Seriously though, the threat is already there. How long will you guys let it go on for?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Have you heard the rumour? Western media has been hijacked by men without integrity nor honour.

Indeed. I don't trust the media but for some to say its bunk but then to take the word of Iran is just hypocrisy. Iran is delusional at best.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I remember seeing a comment by a user in a different threat on ATS and he said wait 2 - 3 weeks and you will see the situation between Iran and US ties worsen now Iran request access to the alleged plotter and warns they will be robust to any "inappropriate measure" by the West. This could either be both politically or security-related as read but is Iran crazy enough to step the heat up on this if the US denies access its starting to get interesting all these protests too...

www.reuters.com...
edit on 16-10-2011 by mikey0101 because: LINK

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Bring it Iran. No really dont bring it.

But the bottom line truly is.....your intolerance isnt any better than mine. You just make me worse than what I want to be. You make me like you because neither of us wants to let go of our hate. Im ashamed to be there with you. You determine we all die because of your beliefs. Why cant we all get along? 200 years from now our things will be laughed at. Thats the truth. We both are fools. We both are loser idiots.

In a nutshell ......and damn.........the truth is really hard to swallow. Thats the absence of love. We are guilty.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What a STUPID statement by Iran. So it sounds like they are admitting guilt. So they will only respond to "inappropriate measures" but they wont respond to "appropriate" measures? What would an appropriate measure be then that they would not respond to? Idiots.

If the US imposed more sanctions i guess Iran would say that is appropriate LOL.

Iran warns West of 'strong confrontation' to any 'inappropriate measures'

www.haaretz.com

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warned on Sunday that Tehran would respond robustly to any "inappropriate measure" by Western powers linked to an alleged Iranian plot to kill the Saudi ambassador to Washington, state television reported.

"Any inappropriate measure against Iran, whether political or security-related, will be strongly confronted by the Iranian nation," Khamenei said, in a clear reference to U.S. allegations that two men with links to Iran's security forces had planned to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the United States.

Iran says the allegation is w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
NEGATIVE. See my above post. If anything they sound guilty.

I'm not trying to make Iran look like an innocent victim, but they appear to be innocent of what they are being accused of. They are denying the accusations and the international community is already pursuing sanctions because of these false claims. They have every right to be mad and voice their opinion.

In my opinion it is the White House and countries like Saudi Arabia and Israel that need to shut up. It is so obvious what they are doing.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
very simple.

Iran's despicable illegitimate murderous regime which continually murders its own citizens to maintain silence have nothing to fear if they are clean.

i think america has lost the right to criticize another government on killing it's own citizen's after anwar al-awlaki.

an american citizen, blown to bits without charges, due process of law or conviction. his rights as an american citizen were completely thrown out the window.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join