It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe Rich, Greedy, Corporate CEO's Should Be Running This Country?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It's amazing how many people have responded without actually reading (or understanding) your OP - except that Dr. Strange guy who I wish I could give a hundred stars to.

People need to stop the knee jerk reactions to this stuff and look at what's really going on.

edit on 16-10-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

In all honesty, protesting seems the most absolutely useless thing a person could do.

-Will it deprive any of the greedy bankers of their profit stream?

-Will it disrupt their business plans? I mean, their phones still work; their email still works. How does a few hundred people chanting in the street affect them? Hell, they probably can't even hear you. They aren't trapped in their offices, are they? They still go home after work and eat dinner and sleep in a nice soft bed....

-Will protesting redistribute anything, other than body odor?

Yet there are tangible problems with protests

-They mobilize the people who dislike the movement

-They allow any idiot to become a "spokesman for the movement" and make you all look bad

-It allows you to be filmed, so that face identification cameras can note your presence, and put it in a file. (Have you seen any people walking around with cameras, but photographing the crowd, instead of the speaker? Well, those are the cops, Man.)

-Protests make you feel like you are doing something important, when in reality you're just checking out of the economy for a while.

There are some definite sheep alright. But maybe not the ones you expect.

No demands are necessary. Stop banking at the four largest US banks. Same goes for targeting outside the Country. Avoid the MM's and hedge funds as further means.

These protests spread the word from mouth to mouth similar to being at a concert. It's both energizing and thrilling.

So what? You take on the drone approach? To what end? If you were into sports, you'd never get off the bench. What action do you have under you belt? The proverbial ball is in your court.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

They claim to be protesting Wall Street, yet half of them are still sleeping at the sound of the opening bell.

He makes it crystal clear... So you're not fried, after pulling an all-nighter?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Yes I'm often fried after an all nighter of working as a single mom to provide for my kids. What exactly is your point?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I totally agree with the opening post. I have thought for years that the best thing for this country is to have a team of business leaders running it. They know how to build great teams of people who have expertise in certain areas.

We certainly arent getting anywhere good with this current administration, so we need to try something different and see if it works.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by Americanist

Yes I'm often fried after an all nighter of working as a single mom to provide for my kids. What exactly is your point?

Thanks for that bit of insight. Your life mirrors many others. Point is... The OP has a slanted argument.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

The goal is to get rid of the national debt, or at least get it down to a managable level.
The only way this can happen is to apply the same principles that it takes to run a successful corporation and quit spending money that we don't have.

Get the point now?

I don't get the point at all.

A corporation's main goal is to acquire more and more money, in governmental
terms that would mean taxation.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The only way this can happen is to apply the same principles that it takes to run a successful corporation and quit spending money that we don't have.

What makes you think these rich CEO's are running SUCCESSFUL corporations? Many of these super rich ran corporations into the ground all while sucking money into their bonuses.

While it's true there a few people who actually successful businesses (mainly a few in the tech industry) most were born into wealth - wealth that was created by unethical means.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You miss my point. The entire system needs to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch. The Politicians can’t be moved as long as they have the support of the elite. The elite won’t budge while politicians, being fattened by these elites, keep passing legislation that gives them more rights to ship jobs overseas, leaving Americans out of work, in debt, and unable to afford to treat the countless ailments that are plaguing this world, generally caused by corporate pollution and additives.
We’ll never be rid of the policies that are breaking this country, never be rid of the unnecessary toxins that are added to food, never be rid of this ever climbing unemployment rate while either of these two parties are in power.

The people are slaves, but brain dead? That’s what this movement is about. These Occupy rallies were never going to initiate the actual change this world requires. They are merely the messengers, spreading the word that they’ve awakened from their blind slumber, spreading the message to those in "control", and more are waking everyday. More and more people are finally seeing the strings that control the system, and these rallies are the herald to a coming change. The curtain has risen, the Greedy and Corrupt Oz has been seen. There is no going back now. This isn’t a war against the wealthy. This is a war against anyone who chooses power over morality, wealth over justice, themselves over the people. Corporations aren’t the targets, the people who misguide these corporations into robbing people of wages, work, benefits, and dignity are. The very same people who buy politicians and then gain from their legislation, legislation that benefits the few, but punishes the many.

Change is on the horizon. Organic change that can really make a difference, yet you want to hand the country over to the very people who so exquisitely ran their companies that they needed bailouts to keep from tumbling into an abyss, the very bailouts that helped put us in this situation to begin with?

edit on 16-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

That is the goal of a corporation, but I am sure a smart business leader would have the good sense to realise that wouldnt work in government. They could start with a realistic goal of getting to break even, so we arent running a deficit year after year, that we cannot afford.

Do you really think that even Jesus could create the miracle of turning this government profitable? We have a $1.4 trillion deficit and $150 billion in unfunded liablilieties, as well as $15 trillion in debt.

I would think a good business leader would start where he would in his business, by streamlining things and laying off unneccessary government workers while keeping the ones that are necessary. He or she could get rid of certain departments or subsections of the government that are redundant.
edit on 16-10-2011 by monkeyfartbreath because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

What makes you think these rich CEO's are running SUCCESSFUL corporations? Many of these super rich ran corporations into the ground all while sucking money into their bonuses.

While it's true there a few people who actually successful businesses (mainly a few in the tech industry) most were born into wealth - wealth that was created by unethical means.

What does it matter if they were born into wealth. That means their parents passed down what they earned to them. Don't most parents have a goal of leaving their children better off then they were. Very little wealth is created by unethical means and usually only lasts temporarily. You would understand this if you studied history a bit more.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
It's amazing how many people have responded without actually reading (or understanding) your OP - except that Dr. Strange guy who I wish I could give a hundred stars to.

People need to stop the knee jerk reactions to this stuff and look at what's really going on.

edit on 16-10-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

His OP doesn't make sense to me at all. The government and this economy gets worse the
more the government is used to facilitate the whims of people who have the means to park
lobbyists in D.C, or fund campaigns for that matter.

America does not prosper when you continue to build a system bent and slanted to
service the wealthy. That effectively directs money which might see its way to you or me,
towards creating a system that works tirelessly to suck you dry, me dry, the OP dry...
edit on 16-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

You miss my point. The entire system needs to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch.

I disagree - there is no need to tear down the entire system. If people weren't so brainwashed, the system would work.

The worst thing is they have people's minds. You don't have to change the 1%, you just have to wake up the 99%.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeyfartbreath

Apparently you don't understand the real history and industry practices of banking. Care to be enlightened?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Apparently you don't understand the real history and industry practices of banking. Care to be enlightened?

I would love to be. So are we saying all people that are wealthy or inherited wealth became wealthy from banking?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
So you must think it is okay for the filthy-rich to continue to exploit American citizens simply to line their own pockets...You must think it's okay for big business to maintain so much control and influence within the government, who then in turn enact financial laws and statutes on the American people, hurting the economy as a whole.

Because THAT is who the 1% are, and what they represent. This entire OWS movement is NOT about asking for handouts. You would have to be completely ignorant to think that. It is about ending corporatism that is masked in form of a republic/democracy.

If there were rich CEO's running the country, do you want to know what would happen? The rich would get richer, while the poor would stand even less of a chance than they have now. Why you ask? Because that is how the 1% got their money in the first place. Exploitation...What better position for exploitation than at the head of the government? Now you know why so many ex-employees of major financial institutions are in government.

Exploiting people, natural resources, etc, etc. Laws would be enacted that would help who? NOT the American populace, but rather those with close ties to the CEO/president. For instance, the people in the treasury department and the fed, do you know where the majority of them were employed prior to getting that gig, or where they will have a job waiting afterwards? Goldman Sachs.

The reason so many politicians are crooked is because big business is always there, LOBBYING, telling them "you do for us, we'll do for you." Don't you think there is a CONFLICT OF INTEREST with big business installing politicians, as well as those who make up the most important financial positions within our government?

Judging by what you say in your thread, you are very naive. I think that you believe what you are saying because you heard it on Fox News, as that is the same thing they are peddling. OWS is all about people wanting handouts. Ya, right. This thread is simply laughable.
edit on 10/16/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeyfartbreath

That is the goal of a corporation, but I am sure a smart business leader would have the good sense to realise that wouldnt work in government. They could start with a realistic goal of getting to break even, so we arent running a deficit year after year, that we cannot afford.

Do you really think that even Jesus could create the miracle of turning this government profitable? We have a $1.4 trillion deficit and $150 billion in unfunded liablilieties, as well as $15 trillion in debt.

I would think a good business leader would start where he would in his business, by streamlining things and laying off unneccessary government workers while keeping the ones that are necessary. He or she could get rid of certain departments or subsections of the government that are redundant.

But it seems to me that pro business presidents use their pro business sentiment to enrich
business, often time to the detriment of the economy we live in. Then, on top of it all,
they cut the governments revenue stream, enriching the top.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

I would love to be. So are we saying all people that are wealthy or inherited wealth became wealthy from banking?

Define wealthy in your own view, and I'll fill in the answers...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

But it seems to me that pro business presidents use their pro business sentiment to enrich
business, often time to the detriment of the economy we live in. Then, on top of it all,
they cut the governments revenue stream, enriching the top.

We arent talking a pro business POLITICIAN. We are talking about a President who has a history of being a successful businessman. Two different things.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

You miss my point. The entire system needs to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch.

I disagree - there is no need to tear down the entire system. If people weren't so brainwashed, the system would work.

The worst thing is they have people's minds. You don't have to change the 1%, you just have to wake up the 99%.

I would agree, but the system is so infested with the termites we call politicians and monetary elites that in order to be sure all of them were gone, we would need to remove everyone, and I mean everyone; old laws would have to be repealed, and new laws created. There is so much work to be done, and not enough time to do it in. We can go through the house with a pair of tweezers getting rid of the termites, or we can tear down the house and rebuild a newer, stronger house. The former would take years and years, possibly decades, while people are starving on the streets waiting for change. They just do not have the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join