It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Violent Confrontation Between 2 Customers, Cashier At Manhattan McDonald’s

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Originally posted by Expat888
sounds more like self-defense.. Only in amerika defend yourself and end up being the one charged...
The "ladies" (using that term very loosely in their case) got what they deserved maybe next time they will think before they attack someone.

I've never worked at McDonald's but I guarantee he broke company policy.

and ? had he followed "company policy" he'd probably be either dead or crippled for life with NO COMPENSATION from the "company" and/or fired afterward. When an individual is attacked company policy can go to hell people have a right to defend themselves - the majority will if/when attacked.
Maybe your stupid enough to follow "company" policy and let people attack you .. No damn company out there worth dying or getting killed for.. Wouldve reacted the same and defended myself if attacked by anyone as I've done several times over the years I hate violence but am not about to let some idiot kill me regardless of where I am.
In case you haven't noticed the world is a dangerous place - those who would harm others dont give a rats arse about rules, laws or company policy none of that will stop them.
edit on 15/10/11 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I was finally able to watch the video and I am sorry to break the news to some of you....

THIS IS NOT SELF DEFENSE

So what is self defense in the eyes of the law?

Generally a person may use reasonable force when it appears reasonably necessary to prevent an impending injury. A person using force in self-defense should use only so much force as is required to repel the attack. Nondeadly force can be used to repel either a nondeadly attack or a deadly attack. Deadly Force may be used to fend off an attacker who is using deadly force but may not be used to repel an attacker who is not using deadly force.

Source

Now... at the point this man picked up a pole, that became deadly force to repel a nondeadly attack. Slapping someone in the face and coming at them with your fist, is not a deadly attack. Had this employee punched these girls straight in the mouth, that would be self defense. However that is NOT what happens here. After Girl A strikes the employee, he retreats and grabs a weapon.

Now one can still argue at that point that he did grab a weapon, it was still self defense. For all he knew it is completely reasonable to think they could possibly be armed. However once these girls were hit and on the ground, there was no longer any imminent threat to the employee at all. He had successfully defended himself and eliminated the threat to his person. However, his attack did not stop there. You can hear people yelling to stop as he continues to beat these women. It is at this point that "defending himself" no longer applies. It was at this point that he became the assailant and he broke the law.

These "ladies" (and I use that term very VERY loosely) clearly deserved to smacked around a bit, in my opinion they asked for it, but this man crossed the line from defending himself and being an attacker.

Completely agree. The guy used deadly force (and continues to after the threat was gone) to protect against non deadly force. I'd love to see members reactions if the guy was a cop. You'd be screaming for blood. He should be charged with attempted murder x 2.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Once again, in case you missed it, he was convicted of MANSLAUGHTER, NOT MURDER. There is a difference.

That "murderer" didn't ATTACK anyone. He was attacked, he didnt attack. Again, there is a difference.

Give the guy a break and get off your white horse. He served his time. Give him credit for getting off his a$$ and going out and getting a job.

Or, are you one of those big corporation protestors who hate capitalism? This is all big McDonald's fault? Seriously?

Sounds like you have a problem with capitalism.

Lastly, I am sure two females were running their mouths while they were behind the counter getting hit. Probably unable to help themselves running their foul mouths at the guy and provoking him further. I doubt very much that the pipe in question hurt them much, as most of the hits were mostly body shots.

He killed someone, he's a murderer. Plain and Simple.

Get off my white horse? I don't believe I mentioned race once, Jack.

Am I one of those big corporation protesters(correct spelling) who hate capitalism? If I were, I surely would not have missed an opportunity to take jab or two at one of biggest corporations in the world.

"Lastly, I am sure two females were running their mouths while they were behind the counter getting hit. Probably unable to help themselves running their foul mouths at the guy and provoking him further. I doubt very much that the pipe in question hurt them much, as most of the hits were mostly body shots"
You are totally right. Just because they ran their mouths means they deserved to keep being hit with a metal pole. That's how daddy did it, and his daddy, and his daddy's daddy.
Daddy problems much?

Seriously, what is your issue? I brought a news article to ATS to share my opinion and see others opinions. Is there something I did wrong? Does me calling a black man a murderer offend you?

You are a faceless internet tough "guy."
edit on 15-10-2011 by josh2009s because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
LOL. Shouldn't go messing with people when you don't know who they are. Unlucky for them he was a convicted murderer.

True that man. I don't advocate beating someone like that, especially women, but still. Watch your mouth and don't be a jackass, and you won't get pwnd with a metal pole...

Nobody should advocate violence but I don't like the phrase: Women. So it's ok for women to be violent and act like thugs but is not ok for a guy to protect himself? And this thing has been pissing me off for some time. The're plenty of shows where they interview couples with disputes and you often see girls getting physical with guys, slapping them, hitting them pushing them etc... and poor guys don't lift a finger. I don't get it, what is media trying to promote over here?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
you know ive been thinking about this a lot and im completley disgusted that this guy is being charged. what a f'd up and technical world we live in. this man was defending himself and any adrenaline as a result of being attatcked is also the girls fault.

The female customers were charged with menacing, disorderly conduct and trespassing.

the girls arent even being charged with assualt!
how messed up is that, she clearly hit him first!
just cause shes a black women probably..

this has really struck a core with me. it makes me sick
this guy goes out and trys to have a normal life after going through jail, the thing we use to rehabilitate people but apparently people dont even trust it..so why not just kill them all then
this guy cannot be held accountable

The owner of that McDonald’s said in a statement that she was “disturbed” by what happened and said the cashier is no longer employed there

haha what a joke, i bet you wouldnt be laughing if these girls beat the crap out of you after bashing him if he didnt defend himself.

this world is stupid

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I was going to say something last night about how the women were at fault and did instigate this poor guy. Yes, he went overboard on attacking the women, drunk or not, those women had no excuse to hit him and no excuse to go after him.

This guy was trying to get his life back on track and these women ruined any chance he had left. Especially now that this video has gone viral. This guy will have no choice but to resort back to violence and his old ways now, rather then rehabilitating and reforming.

We all need to support ourselves and this guy is no different.

Least he found a job, can you say that for most criminals who get out and do the same thing over and over again?

So, much for trying to change.
Your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

He should sue the women for causing him to lose his job.

edit on 15-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
again like i said in another thread, you run your mouth to the wrong person....expect an ass-beating.

female or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I love how in America "the land of the free" That even when you do a crime and have served your time it always somehow comes back to haunt you.... This man did his time who cares what he was in jail for and for how long its irrelevant. Now that he is a convicted felon I am sure McDonalds is one of the very few people who would even hire him in the first place which working there is #ty enough punishment as it is...

After this guy working and trying to support himself at a #ty underpaid unappreciated job at mcdonalds, trying to turn his life around rather then being out in the streets selling drugs. The last thing he needs is to be assaulted which he was assaulted verbally and physically for doing nothing more then his job because he in fact that bill was counterfeit and he did not check it he would either be losing his job or I am sure since he has a record charged for the crime stating he let them spend it because he was in on it.

If this were 2 men NO ONE would have one issue with what this man did everyone would be saying they deserved it, ect...

The fact that these to "women" verbally and physically abused him then not stopping there jumped over the counter and went after him as he clearly tried to get away from them as to not further aggravate the already bad situation. This tells me that if they are willing to yell at and hit someone who is to say they don't have a knife or a gun that they plan on using on him as they jump over the counter and run after him?

When you are in a situation where you think your life could be threatened how do you gauge to much force. When something like this happens the body has a flight or fight triggered and you don't have to much control over yourself other then protecting yourself.

If they didn't want to take the chance of getting hurt by this man maybe they shouldn't have jumped over the counter and gone after him, what is he expected to do stand there and let them hit him some more or possibly cause more harm to him just because they are women?

I think it is appalling that he is facing felony charges and these women are basically facing charges they will easily get out of because they were "hurt" and will probably even have the balls to try to sue mcdonalds when then started the whole thing and none of this would have ever happened if they did not do what they did.

Jump over the counter at a bank, jewelry store, pawn shop, gas station, ect and see what happens you are likely to get shot and they will not be waiting around to see what you are planning to do before you get shot..

This man is facing charges that carry an mandatory minimum in my state at least of 2-5 years which is ridiculous and unfair... but that's justice for you and the "american way"

Maybe they wouldn't have kept getting hit if they would have stayed on the ground like he told them to... see what happens if a cop tells you to stay on the ground and you don't do it. He wasn't hitting them for fun he wanted them to stay on the ground and stop fighting and possibly grabbing for a weapon and make sure everything was safe and I am sure wait for police to arrive but once again when police arrive the black man with a record is the one that get in trouble....

I am white by the way in case that matters to the people who think that it should matter... and If that were me and a women of any color slapped me in the face for no reason I would have punched her in the face and she wouldn't have been able to jump over the counter because she would be laid out on the floor... then I would dumped a bag of fries on her head and said "would you like fries with that, BITCH!"

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Heh, I saw a couple messed up things at that Mcdonalds before. We just had a shooting at another one last week too. If you wanna go to Mcdonalds over here, you gotta scope it out a bit first.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I read your wall of text. And agree with you. If you read the thread or hell even comments on other sites,you'd see that most people support him. It's ridic that he's being charged. His past should have nothing to do with it. The man was defending himself,tho he did take it to an extreme.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
well what do you expect. if people are crazy enough to eat this poison, it can be assumed they are crazy enough to jump over the counter and likewise get their face busted in by the cashier with a metal rod.

customer...employee....they are all crazy at that place.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think there should be a petition for the guy to Mc Donald's In favor of him getting his job back. This guy has no chance now ever getting a job. These women practically screwed him for life.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Who cares about his job he can get another job, he is most likely going to go to jail for this if you want to petition for something petition that he stays out of jail for defending himself

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

i doubt he will need a petition to get the charges dropped. the video evidence is pretty clear that they both attacked him.

although its up to the jury if he exceeded self defense by continually beating them...

lol its funny to watch the ego get beat out of someone.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

That is a bit much. He's responsible for how he acted. And him alone.

Example : About a month or so after Sept 11th happened,I was at work. I was a manager in a supermarket.this lady came in and wanted me to call the cops because there was 'arabs' in the parking lot,sitting in a car with california plates. I told her I wasn't going to because they're doing nothing wrong. She got loud with me,I asked her to leave the store.She refused and started calling me names,such as jackass,idiot..just all around acting like a moron. I finally had enough of her mouth and told to get the # out of the store and don't come back,in those exact words. She slapped me. I grabbed her and physically took her out of the store,forcefully. She bitched to corporate,I got suspend without pay for 2 weeks. While not as extreme as what this man did I deserved the suspension. And in his case he deserves to be fired.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Well okay. But, still. His chance for finding a job are extremely slim now. Because, they put you in a database when they do the background checks.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I think we all feel for this man. He was trying to do the right thing by getting a job and doing what he had to do to make his life better. I really don't care what his past is,he was working.And those two clowns wanted to act all ghetto and attack him.He was forced to defend himself.

That said,mcdonalds made the right decision to fire him. It's just not good for business.Especially since the video went viral. We're not talking about a punch in the mouth.He beat those women bad.However,once it blows over and if he's cleared of the charges,they should perhaps offer him a job at another store.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Totally agree, but I don't think it will ever happen.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I don't think so either. And I think it's because of how much attention this has gotten. And you know what? I may be wrong here,but I think there was probably some idiot there egging the women on. I wanna know who took this video.the video I saw is clearly some moron with a cell phone taking it.

edit on 15-10-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
glad the 2 criminal customers have to face court trial before well, they enjoy a lavish millionaire lifestyle 'on the house' courtesy of micke D's

as for the employee, he's a killer like alot of people out there, nextdoor, across the street or maybe upstair or downstairs from you soon will all be ,by 2020 if we're still even around.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join