It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone getting a strange reality disconnection feeling?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
To be honest I've felt very similar the last few months, only I didn't really notice until a major stressful event in my life about 5 weeks back, been off work due to stress and had a lot of time to reflect on things, I still don't feel 100% but there you go...

It sounds like depression and anxiety to me, I can empathize with you completely. I'm not really sure how to correct the problem, try and stay positive, look after yourself and try your best not to worry. Easier said than done, I'm personally still struggling.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sounds like Kundalini Awakening. I highly suggest anyone with these symptoms research it. I have been going through these symptoms for quite a while. They intensified dramatically the last few weeks. It can be hell if you let the fear get to you. This might sound weird, but do you get a tingling sensation on the top of your head? Or ringing in the ears?
edit on 14-10-2011 by Hitsuzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

It seems to me like you might be experiencing derealization or similar: link

This is something that can be triggered by stress, anxiety or drugs like amphetamines or mdma.
edit on 14-10-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous
I've been gettting this horrible thing lately where I feel as if I'm in a fast-breaking vehicle. This is followed by a qualitative change in my environment; including weird color changes (like, a whole other spectrum, difficult to convey), glowing fields around objects, strange odors, and a strong sensation of suddenly being somewhere else.

I go from zero to fully-gonna-hork in a few seconds. Also, I usually have a terrible headache afterward.

I have to close my eyes, and imagine how things were before. Which seems to "reset" the environment.

I don't know what's going on, and it scares the bejeezus out of me.
edit on 14-10-2011 by mistermonculous because: (no reason given)

So lets look at that. Your sudden "braking" and color,smell,feeling, leading to queazy and headache is definitely physical in nature. It is more than just a glandular feel good or blood sugar from twinkies,eh. You say you are scared of these episodes, I would be too. You describe it real well here, just say that to your local doctor. Pleeasse?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
Wow, ok
Just read some more...

The core symptom of depersonalization disorder is the subjective experience of unreality, and as such there are no clinical signs. Common descriptions are: watching oneself from a distance; out-of-body experiences; a sense of just going through the motions; feeling as though one is in a dream or movie; not feeling in control of one's speech or physical movements; and feeling detached from one's own thoughts or emotions.[5] Individuals with the disorder commonly describe a feeling as though time is 'passing' them by and they are not in the notion of the present. These experiences which strike at the core of a person's identity and consciousness may cause a person to feel uneasy or anxious.

That pretty much matches what I originally said above! Oh dear, hope I'm not losing my marbles

You're not, you'd probably be surprised at how many people have some form of this. For me personally it takes the form of a strange feeling that I don't belong here and a sense that there is a great "wrongness" to the world. On Christian forums whenever something like this is posted dozens of people will agree that they feel the exact same way, like we're all place holders in a world we don't belong in. I'm not saying that it has anything to do with religion, I'm just pointing out that even though people don't talk about it, if you press them you'll find out that most have some form of this feeling. I'm not sure I'd call it a "disorder" because it's so prevalent! As someone else said earlier, it may make more sense to call it a heightening of awareness. Where it's going to lead us is hard to say right now. New Agers think we're waking up to a new and different reality. Christians think it's an indication that the world is nearing the Tribulation and return of Christ. Muslims think the 12th Imam is about to return. Regardless of what is about to happen, it seems the world is almost completely united in thinking that "something" is going to happen, and happen soon.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I didnt see the reply about being in the military and could be PTSD too.

Dissociation, depersonalisation etc are all 'symptoms'. I did a thread on PTSD years ago and you may find some info in there to be helpful. There was some very helpful comments especially from members sharing info and experiences:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have PTSD. It sucks.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: to add link

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I got it a lot when I still did drugs.

I also got it very strong when my mom said she was going to divorce my dad.

Dissociation is the brain trying to cope with an unsettling reality.
edit on 10/14/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Deployed twice? First thanks for your service, and it seems that transition back to civilian life, coupled with the current maddening times could be overwhelming. Sounds like you are also experiencing a bit of hyper sensitivity, where your senses are more acute and your awareness takes you to sensitive areas and subjects. Is it just you , or is there something more widespread occurring, or a little of both? I don't know but I hope you are able to process everything and it settles into some type of tolerable state. Meditation comes to mind, but only as one approach.
And that vid? Wow, blew me awaay!

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've been having very similar feelings lately; periods of time where I don't feel good, or bad, I feel nothing. Just, nothing.
Then I've been having periods of super-emotional ness. Of all emotions.

It's all so strange. &I've got the ringing in my ears too. & I really am just getting tired of "going through the motions," I feel like life is just so BORING lately but there's no way to make any more money or quit college to get out of it all, so I just have to take it for now. I'm also getting tired of all the - for lack of a better term - "stupid people." Lately I just feel like everyone else is so DUMB, and IGNORANT, about everything!! Like nobody really has a brain - they're all brainwashed. That's how I feel. :/

I really hope it's all signs that we're DONE with this non-reality we live in.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nihonjindesu08
I've been having very similar feelings lately; periods of time where I don't feel good, or bad, I feel nothing. Just, nothing.
Then I've been having periods of super-emotional ness. Of all emotions.

It's all so strange. &I've got the ringing in my ears too. & I really am just getting tired of "going through the motions," I feel like life is just so BORING lately but there's no way to make any more money or quit college to get out of it all, so I just have to take it for now. I'm also getting tired of all the - for lack of a better term - "stupid people." Lately I just feel like everyone else is so DUMB, and IGNORANT, about everything!! Like nobody really has a brain - they're all brainwashed. That's how I feel. :/

I really hope it's all signs that we're DONE with this non-reality we live in.

Your awakeening or becoming enlightened. You feel the urge to change and your stuck. You are getting cranky on all the stupidety around. You are probably tired of peoples egos/fears/hate. I probably a bit further but it is no race. If you like me you will have a moment of extreme clarity where every thing will make sense. After that I would recoment you to think happy thoughts and listen to meditation videos that have sounds that resonate whitin you. Hope you wake soon because the feeling of harmony at times will help you thru the days.

Lets all face it. The human race is changing and something is different with the world. Denying it won't make it go away. I started for me at the same time as the arabian spring. I have so many urges to change right now but I also know that I am where I am supposed to be. It's kinda weird being happy all the time and still getting urges sometimes to kick someone elses ass because they are so annoying (and I am a person that never uses violence). I don't like every sould on this planet but I love their potential to become wonderful persons. Namaste.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't know much about psychology , but I know more about Islam and truth.

The main problem of delusional people is that they are surrounded by their imagination and mirage.

They should try to learn and study about the truth , and they should act to respect that piece of truth or they will be delusional again.

The truth is what everyone can find with reason and logic.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yes Yes, I can't believe I am not alone.. Wow, I am blown away....I have had these "episodes" since I was a child. I remember going to my parents room at night saying, Everything keeps going so fast, and I can't keep up!.. I didn't even know how to explain it. And still to this day, it seems With no warning, I suddenly back up quickly, almost like Michael Jackson in Thriller video when he turns into a zombie and the sceene backs up quickly and then Micheal jackson is close up... I find myself separated from my surroundings. And everything around me is moving so fast, and I am in slow motion. The back ground disappears and I am concentrating on the strangest objects in my vision. And I can't control it... I would try to rub my hands together and my arms, to keep stimulating my skin, my body, to feel connected, to gain control.... I ALWAYS fought this feeling, never thinking of it as a sign, or a gift or a core self control thing... I never had a clue what and why it would happen to me. So what exactly is this, and how do I interpert it? I am still blown away, for 35 years I had this feeling and never knew or told anyone.... Wow...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Rodger that on the happy thoughts.

Peace. Love. Unity. Respect. (:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yeah I really know how you fell. I live on a busy road and I could be watching tv an just look out the window at the cars streaming past the suddenly feel as if my vision gets really small. Sort of as if I am slipping out of that moment. I also have been getting these insanely loud mumming noises when I go to sleep, not the normal Tinnitus. It is much louder deeper, besides I can usually talk really loud for a few seconds and Tinnitus will disappear. It is so loud I have to go to sleep with music on.

Anyway I have had moments like you have stated above for about 3 months and I think its getting worst. Also this happen 3 days ago, I was watching an on-line gaming battle it was live. My girlfriend was reading next to me and all of a sudden I say to her I have seen this before, not like deja vu just a clear memory. For the next 3 minutes I told her what this guy was about to talk about (the players talk in-between games) his new curtains he got for his house. I said to my girlfriend I bet he says they let too much light in when gaming, then he does, then I say hes going to say hold the next game he needs a sh*t, and he does, the I say this guy is going to say we need to invent a way to eat cheetos witch doesn't make your hands sticky on your controller. This was a constant thing for 3 mins. And me and my girlfriend we stunned. She knew this was live because she always moans at me to do stuff and my excuse is I cant this is live

Now it might be noted that I was into '___' heavy for a while until the experiences got to amazing. If you haven't done it you wont understand. But it makes me feel better knowing someone else who I am assuming doesn't do '___' is having reality checks.

My experinces can be like the attached video to your link provided. www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitsuzen
Sounds like Kundalini Awakening. I highly suggest anyone with these symptoms research it. I have been going through these symptoms for quite a while. They intensified dramatically the last few weeks. It can be hell if you let the fear get to you. This might sound weird, but do you get a tingling sensation on the top of your head? Or ringing in the ears?
edit on 14-10-2011 by Hitsuzen because: (no reason given)

Whoa I got that and a feeling of rushing in my chest and head like I am moving foward very rapidly I can almost control that to make it happen and such kinda cool...At first it freaked me out!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
To the OP,

I totally understand what you mean.

It's almost like I see differently now. It is an extremely weird feeling.

Synchronicity is literally constant now. It is extremely exciting as I feel like things will continue to click into place and make more sense.

We shall see what this weekend brings. Some major events are going down right now, I can feel it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't know that much about disorders or things of that matter, but I know that since I was born I've gone through periods in my life where I felt like reality was all an illusion, and I didn't know what I was doing here in the midst of all of it.

I recently read this book called Astral Projection and the Nature of Reality, which was really interesting to me. He writes about how we've all grown up being convinced that there is a true, physical reality out there, whether we are here to observe it or not, when what's really true is that nothing is physical. It's all data/vibrations that our brain and its senses interpret as being physical. Kind of like a radio tuning into the radio frequencies, and producing sounds, our brain picks up different signals and produces our reality. Or something like that, lol.

There's a lot of books out there that can better describe what I'm trying to say. I just find the nature of reality and consciousness a fascinating subject. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

The OP has a really interesting topic, I feel off too lately, kind of like being defocused. I actually drove into work a different way today, I think you need to break up your routine and get some time to contemplate your priorities and what is top agenda to accomplish. Make sure you are eating as many healthy whole foods as possible and avoiding artificial sweeteners and flouride.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
I would suggest talking to a counselor who specializes in ptsd, anxiety and trauma about it first, see where it leads you.

Not to sound scary but, I would also suggest getting an MRI head scan.

Unless you are harming your self or becoming harmful of others while in that state, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I bet just doing some face to face talking with an un-biased source who is professionaly trained in these matters (not someone who has to google to fit symptoms with a diag), would help you feel more grounded and will give you some tools in which to control the experience.

I have gone through alot of therapy and talking to doctors and all that, I was diagnosed with major depression after deployment but I went through alot of group counseling, learned alot of different coping skills and don't feel depressed or at least not like I did before.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I had some more experiences this morning, I was in the shower and I was adjust the temperature and it felt like I zoomed out into third person persepective away from my body looking at it, then a hour later I laid down and I zoomed out inside my mind, same exact feeling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join