It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone getting a strange reality disconnection feeling?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

Keep getting deja vous, and time seems to be running more quickly, the weeks seem to flyby for me. I wonder if this is the same for everyone else. Probably just me

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Keep getting deja vous, and time seems to be running more quickly, the weeks seem to flyby for me. I wonder if this is the same for everyone else. Probably just me

It's not. I have been talking about feeling time running faster on threads for weeks now. My mom and dad feels it to and many coworkers notice it too but everyone belives it is because they are getting older
. Namaste

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
dissociation is the term psychology puts on it yes

its a label on our inability to understand what our mind is trying to tell us because we are so grounded in this reality

Psychology says it is an ailment, an ending, and one to be cured. Its just a block, one to be overcome with by the mind, your mind.

You are realizing things arent what they have seemed to be your whole life. You realize that you are still alive, and well with your own thoughts, losing all these things that we deemed as so important and valuable...

Just know that as you have entered new territory, and it is dark right now, as you continue to search your light will grow brighter, and you will be able to discern the footsteps ahead of you easier, more clearly and ahead of the present moment.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by preludefanguy
dissociation is the term psychology puts on it yes

its a label on our inability to understand what our mind is trying to tell us because we are so grounded in this reality

Psychology says it is an ailment, an ending, and one to be cured. Its just a block, one to be overcome with by the mind, your mind.

You are realizing things arent what they have seemed to be your whole life. You realize that you are still alive, and well with your own thoughts, losing all these things that we deemed as so important and valuable...

Just know that as you have entered new territory, and it is dark right now, as you continue to search your light will grow brighter, and you will be able to discern the footsteps ahead of you easier, more clearly and ahead of the present moment.

I agree science does try to put a label on things and explain it away by a problem with the brain and maybe not a problem with their environment like kids with ADHD that could easily be caused by the stimulus they are receiving from tv or video games.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

we live in a society that is so quick to label, and even quicker to affix a 'cure'

we dont stop to ponder, to extract with great care the understandings of all that we come across, so we lose a lot in the process

in our attempt to make things easier, we have cut corners, and those cut corners show in society's inability to cope with the problems in front of them, there is no gain without strife

suffering is what we learn from, but we are given so many 'tools' to DISTRACT us from being able to learn, we are told that suffering can be cured, with love, with money, with entertainment, etc. but just distractions from being able to see clearly why it is we are suffering and how to learn from it and end it

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I have been going through a ton of anxiety and Dereal/Depersonalization since March of this year, during that time i was big into smoking cannabis. I always thought it was because of cannabis but my friends smoke more than i did and they dont go through the same problems i do. for a while i thought i was becoming Schizophrenic until my therapist told me i wasnt and it was just anxiety since i wasnt experiencing any hallucinations, but i have always had social anxiety and ive never felt like this. I discovered the new age concept of Ascension, where you start to resonate on a different frequency than the one currently resonating in the 3D reality we are currently experiencing. I am so relieved to see so many people that feel like i do, i dont feel alone anymore. I am curious though as what could be happening right now. Because it feels like something major is happening in the grand scheme of things. Can alcohol or tobacco affect your spiritual vibrations?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Yes, I do feel the disconnect. Trust is dying. Alcohol and tobacco are incredibly dangerous to the spirit.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CannibalisticZombie
Because it feels like something major is happening in the grand scheme of things. Can alcohol or tobacco affect your spiritual vibrations?

In my experience, tobacco will definitely harm your "spiritual vibrations" bc it affects your breathing. If you're into meditation and like stepping out of the "real world" into reality, breathing is key. I think you will find as you get further along your spiritual journey that your breathing will become clearer and enhanced. Also from my own experiences, alcohol can do a lot of damage to someone who isn't that far into their spiritual awakening. If you are not quite there yet, and are still going through the extreme highs and lows, I'd suggest ABSTAINING from alcohol. Nowadays, I can have a few drinks but never to get drunk. One reason is that I don't really care for getting drunk anymore. Second, I find that a keeping a nice steady buzz gives you what you already need, no point in getting wasted. With that being said, I have used a nice buzz to enhance meditation.

These are my experiences though and it's my belief that everyone's spiritual journey is very unique to themselves. There are common traits among everyone but for the most part, it's your own journey and only you can be your guide.

Edit: Haha something I forgot to mention and the poster above reminded me. Everyone will you give different answers. The poster above says its terrible, I say it depends on how it's used. Pick you own path and don't let others influence you. Only you know the path you need to travel.
edit on 17-10-2011 by conspiracy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Well yeah, as off friday i think i felt basicly emontionless and felt like nothing mattered aournd me. A really strange and empty feeling. I have these from time to time over the last year or so. But it comes back after about a day or 2.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join