It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists 95 Percent Certain They've Found Elusive Siberian Yeti

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Scientists

www.huffingtonpost.com

Researchers are claiming they are 95 percent sure that the fabled Russian version of the Abominable Snowman or Bigfoot lives in the Kemerovo region of Siberia.

Last week, a group of international scientists met in Moscow and then set out to the remote mountainous area in search of the elusive creature

It didn't take very long for them to issue a statement on the official Kemerovo website stating they had found "footprints, a probable den and various markers that Yetis mark their territory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10/11/11 by Djdoubt03 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/11/11 by Djdoubt03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So the Yeti may have been found? This is awesome new if it turns out to be real. Ne we just need to find Nessie and Big Foot.

Cryptozoologist's rejoice. This is big news if it is an accurate story.

What does everyone think? Real or Fake? What would you do if you cam across proof of a creature that was once thought to be fabled?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
From a primatologist and anthropologist standpoint, should one or more of these be discovered, verified, and captured definitively on film, or even physically, it stands to shake up a number of evolutionary models and paradigms on hominid evolution.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
Last week, a group of international scientists met in Moscow ...

Thats a rather low mark.
I could travel anywhere in the world, such as Moscow, and call myself an "international scientist".

Loren probably has it right...

"This does not seem to be any more than what you hear about from weekend excursions in North America that go out, discovering some hair of undetermined origin, calling it 'Bigfoot hair,' then locating some broken branches and piled trees, saying it was made by Bigfoot, and finding footprints that look like Sasquatch tracks," said Loren Coleman, director of the International Cryptozoology Museum in Portland, Maine.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The abominable snowman. I first heard about him over 55 years ago and I've read these things so many times, why if I had a niclkle.......
As always I wish them luck and urge them on their way.
Just bring em back alive.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
this is intresting but the source is lacking at best
when they give us the facts i will make a statement
but id love to see this turn out real

Originally posted by nineix

From a primatologist and anthropologist standpoint, should one or more of these be discovered, verified, and captured definitively on film, or even physically, it stands to shake up a number of evolutionary models and paradigms on hominid evolution.

i dont think it would effect evolutionary models at all
it would just go to show that some things are able to addapt

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Love to see it!
clear focused images. I believe Sasquatch exists. might have heard one, an hours hike back in the Wisconsin summer woods one solo camp out:. rhythmically whacking away at a branch: whack...whack...whack...silence...whack...whack.....whack...at 01:00(1a.m.) Still don't know what it was across the clearing.
Skeered me bad in the night...

edit on 11-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Wouldn't you classify a Yeti in the same category as Bigfoot? Aren't they both large primates? Still, to have this article posted with no pictures or video evidence is odd, and even if there were pictures or video evidence there would still be skeptics, and the cycle would continue.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
A relative of mine talked to a higher up government "aide" several years ago that does special operations over-seas and their unit was given the task to deal with Giants, that I guess were reputably demonic and malignant in essence... They flew one back to the US apparently.

I don't know..
Don't they have old large tombs/caskets somewhere in Iowa for seemingly very "tall people"?
edit on 11-10-2011 by WaffleBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Cool.

What? Are we gearing up for another show on Discovery Channel or something?

There's got to be more than just footprints before I will give a shout out to Hell, Yeah!

I'm easily fooled. I used to believe in Santa Claus.

Even seen footprints it the snow! (Thanks, Pop!)

But..................

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Take photos of it, video of it, try to obtain some fur samples, but DONT capture the creatures or bring em back to humanity or Anything to do with studying it. Just leave them alone, to live their lives...Please.
"In Search Of" (1976) is on youtube, and has several bigfoot episodes.
Even 40 years ago they speculated that they are probably related to the East Asian Gigantopithecus, which was a huge gorilla type creature that lived in Asia 1mill to several 100,000 years ago, maybe even still now. They stood around 15 feet tall. They speculated the Yeti/Sasquatch/Yowie travelled across the land bridge from Siberia to Alaska and settle as far down as the Pacific north west.
The Yowie is the Australian version of bigfoot, and is well known in Aboriginal lore. Yes giant footprints of the yowie have been found in east coast forests too. Just like Asia, and US.

Now that that have basically found this new Hominid..Time to search for the elusive underworld Saurans.
Lacerta, we wanna make peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PunchingBag80
Wouldn't you classify a Yeti in the same category as Bigfoot? Aren't they both large primates? Still, to have this article posted with no pictures or video evidence is odd, and even if there were pictures or video evidence there would still be skeptics, and the cycle would continue.

Stuff I Like:
Personal Accountability, insight, Philosophy, plants, Emergency Medical Adrenaline, cats that see ghosts, dogs that warn me of impending doom, rum, UFO's, Sasquatch, Yeti, Bigfoot, take your indigenous pick, Meteor showers, open ocean, clean water and your opinion

I feel so strongly about that I put it in my bio, It seems to me if they do exist the evolutionary patterns of each would be environmental at best base physiognomy of the animal would be the same however small differences like fur and blood thickness, color, body shape and build, ie webbed toes or larger surface area feet for traversing snow as too the softer more primate feet of the North American "Bigfoot" in short all the same beastie here are their Zoological names
Gigantopithecus blacki
*Homo erectus* by W. C. Osman Hill in 1945.
Dinanthropoides nivalis* by Bernard Heuvelmans in 1958
Homo pongoides* or *Homo neanderthalensis pongoides* by Heuvelmans in 1969, and Heuvelmans & Porchnev in 1974.
So perhaps when and IF this beast is finally completely documented, the ones the russians have will be Gigantopithecus Siberienses. I really want clear validation, because I live in Nor Ca and search myself, I can accept nothing less than clear, LIVING, breathing proof these possibly as of yet undocumented primates exist. It has to be alive and in front of us, then friggin released protected and studied from AFAR for decades to come, that may be why no one wants the truth of these guys to ever come out, I mean, halt all lumber production you are stomping on somethings territory, that is sentient, no mining, no milling, no drilling, no fishing along the territories water ways as the food source would be tainted or have to have tight controls as not to hurt the indigenous creature. If you look at the issues it raises, a name really means quit a bit doesn't it

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Who are the scientists who are saying this? What are their credentials? I keep hearing about this expedition, but I haven't yet heard who is running it or who is a part of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Great for science if they think they are hot on the trail. Wasn't it really not all that long ago the panda bear was thought to be another mythical creature?

I think it is it is highly likely there are still unsolved mysteries left in this world, creatures still remaining to be discovered. I guess we won't know until they actually see one.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Love to see it!
clear focused images. I believe Sasquatch exists. might have heard one, an hours hike back in the Wisconsin summer woods one solo camp out:. rhythmically whacking away at a branch: whack...whack...whack...silence...whack...whack.....whack...at 01:00(1a.m.) Still don't know what it was across the clearing.
Skeered me bad in the night...

Deer, moose or any large game with antlers use them to wack trees to mark up the tree and signal to others of their species. I've heard and seen it

As for the OP story, damn rights I say. It's not exactly a secret to people who live in areas inhabited by sasquatch-type creatures. It's the same story about ghosts; those who see them definitely believe, yet those who haven't tend to rationalize that it is BS. Humans aren't even close to knowing the planet as well as the scientific community leads us to believe.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
just posting anothe source to back up the OP =)

Yahoo

Very interesting if they can actually prove this ...but time will tell

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Deer, moose or any large game with antlers use them to wack trees to mark up the tree and signal to others of their species. I've heard and seen it

I can point out that i was in no way responsible for any marked trees etc etc

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

haha, well I will say that finding a freshly marked-up tree means you're just that much closer to securing dinner where I come from

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

haha, well I will say that finding a freshly marked-up tree means you're just that much closer to securing dinner where I come from

stay away from me.....

only jokin a freshly marked up tree usually means there are feral youth in the area i come from and you have an 80% chance of a mugging

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hah but if u have a look at the pictures onthat page and view the foot prints they vary in sooo many shapes. They look nothing alike AT ALL>

Good Luck

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join