It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists 95 Percent Certain They've Found Elusive Siberian Yeti

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
When bigfoot and yeti are discovered, he'll be in a cage at the zoo right alongside all the other chimps apes and gorillas.

There is nothing mysterious and paranormal about bigfoot

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hmm interesting. Not really new though, a group did this decades back and supposedly came away with some good evidence and stories about the 'Almas'

Thing is, the Russian 'Almas' is not a Yeti, a Yeti is more or less a Bigfoot, the Alma is more like the Orang Pendek from Indonesia.

Like the Orang Pendek they've been known to wear clothing, their man sized and very stocky, short and aren't quite as hairy as what you get with Bigfoot and Yeti sightings. They also have been known to trade with some of the people in the remote areas where their supposedly found, so their a good deal more intelligent than a Sasquatch id say.

Arthur C. Clarkes Mysterious World did a small bit about em if I recall way back in the 80's in the Cabinet of Curiosity episode. Also had a segment about a Russian soilder(prisoner?) encounter while on the run out in the wilds where he ran into an ape man that the Russian army latter claimed they shot if i recall.

So who knows maybe there are Almas, and a Russian version of Bigfoot in the same area
(then again the Almas are in Mongolia, then again this place theyre looking is not that far relatively speaking north of Mongolia)

Not sure about these guys claims, personally I hope they never find em, since it would more or less destroy the Almas as a species or people completely.

edit on 11-10-2011 by BigfootNZ because: Meh

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Not especially. Despite ignorant headlines from an ill-informed media, not much actually causes a "big stir" in these circles. Things are pretty easily placed in the zoological hierarchy. It would no more "shake up primatology" than the discover of bovines in Cambodia's mountains shook up uh... bovinology (I'm absolutely certain such a field does exist... SOMEONE studies cows!)

Just another new species to learn about. Exciting, but not earth-shattering.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
So the Yeti may have been found?
No, it's a hoax. The article pretty much implies that.

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Wasn't it really not all that long ago the panda bear was thought to be another mythical creature?
I don't think so. The Chinese have known about Pandas since ancient times. Westerners may not have, but just because a Westerner doesn't know something doesn't mean it's unknown.

You may be thinking about the mountain gorilla. That creature was elusive until its discovery in 1902.

I'm sure there are some small creatures that elude discovery today, we still discover new creatures.

However a creature as large as the Yeti or Bigfoot would have a hard time hiding from us for this long. I won't say it's impossible, but the longer they go without being found, the less likely it is that they exist.

Originally posted by gort51
Take photos of it, video of it, try to obtain some fur samples, but DONT capture the creatures or bring em back to humanity or Anything to do with studying it. Just leave them alone, to live their lives...Please.
What scientists seem to do when studying large creatures like bears for example, is shoot them with a tranquilizer dart, and then study the unconscious creature. They may also tag it with a tracking device so they can monitor its movements.

However I doubt there's any yeti or bigfoot creatures to tag or track, so don't worry about it.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but they'll need to at least photograph the creature and to be convincing, they need a body.

If they find one, tag it, and track it long enough, eventually it will die of natural causes, so they could get a body that way.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Scientists

www.huffingtonpost.com

Researchers are claiming they are 95 percent sure that the fabled Russian version of the Abominable Snowman or Bigfoot lives in the Kemerovo region of Siberia.

Last week, a group of international scientists met in Moscow and then set out to the remote mountainous area in search of the elusive creature

It didn't take very long for them to issue a statement on the official Kemerovo website stating they had found "footprints, a probable den and various markers that Yetis mark their territory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10/11/11 by Djdoubt03 because: (no reason given)

If you look at the books all that stuff was found years ago. Yet still no Yeti.
edit on 11-10-2011 by steveknows because: typo

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Why is everyone so obsessed with finding this animal?

I only see this ending badly, I am positive that the yeti would defend itself and its territory to the last, so this whole thing will be ending in one or some of the hunters getting killed or badly mauled and/or the yeti getting shot, seriously harmed and/or captured and locked in a cage for thousands of people to stare and point at until it gives up on life from depression and humiliation. This animal is obviously extremely clever, being able to evade humans for so long and survive in such harsh tundra and polar conditions.

So just leave the damned thing alone, for the yetis sake. please

By the way, here are a couple of definitions of obsessed;

obsessed
past participle, past tense of ob·sess (Verb)

1. Preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent: "he was obsessed with thoughts of Yetis".

2.to haunt or trouble in mind, esp. to an abnormal degree; preoccupy greatly

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
When bigfoot and yeti are discovered, he'll be in a cage at the zoo right alongside all the other chimps apes and gorillas.

There is nothing mysterious and paranormal about bigfoot

Chimp and Gorillas are apes
Sorry, I get an impulse to tie undone shoe laces as well

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Kemerovo region's Shoria is a sparsely populated territory in Western Siberia that has historically been a territory of coal and metal mining. The region, the administrative center of Kuznetsk coal basin, has pursued the elusive Yeti for several years as it tries to develop tourism into its mostly industrial economy.

Interesting. Invite probably westerners in to search for it... While perhaps having another agenda to promote tourism. HMM...

At this point, I will only believe a Yeti / Sasquatch discovery when a physical body is produced (dead or alive). Followed by three independent, investigative / scientific testing and analysis by reputable sources.

Otherwise, this is just another woop-de-doo bigfoot findings report.

edit on 11-10-2011 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Scientists

www.huffingtonpost.com

Researchers are claiming ...

Last week, a group of international scientists met in Moscow and then set out to the remote mountainous area in search of the elusive creature

It didn't take very long for them to issue a statement on the official Kemerovo website stating they had found "footprints, a probable den and various markers that Yetis mark their territory.

At the 'official' kemerovo russia website, i found the OP Link, also a FOX news link... and this link:

Bigfoot Forum Derided as United Russia Ploy
11 October 2011
By Nikolaus von Twickel

Read more: www.themoscowtimes.com...
The Moscow Times

The conference, held at the initiative of local governor and United Russia strongman Aman Tuleyev, wound up over the weekend in the ~ Kemerovo region town of Tashtagol and included a short expedition into a mountain cave, where participants said they discovered signs of the creature's markings and sampled some hair.~

"Participants concluded that the discovered objects confirm 95 percent that a snowman abides in the Kemorovo region," the local administration said in a statement on its web site.

Read more: www.themoscowtimes.com...

who were these 'participants? ~~~ the participant given publicity was a former heavyweight boxer:

The group of international experts was graced by former heavyweight boxer Nikolai Valuyev, who told the conference that he was convinced personally by what he had seen in the cave. "I have no doubts: The Yeti really has settled in the Kuzbass," he said in remarks carried by Itar-Tass.

Valuyev, whose 2.13-meter height gave rise to his boxing nickname "Beast From the East," also showed reporters in the cave that his shoe size was no match for the Yeti's, who he claimed left a footprint there. "I have size 52 — and the Yeti has maybe 60," he said, Komsomolskaya Pravda reported. The paper even posted a video showing Valuyev raising a glass of vodka to the snowman in the cave.

i guess all he 'international scientists' (mostly Americans?) were tightlipped...

this was IMO, a weekend junket for rich folks that had already exhausted their Sedona visits in favor of new outings such as in Russia in search of Yeti

(i always read that Yeti were exclusive to the Himalaya Mountains around Mongolia
and the kingdom of the Dalai Lama)?

edit on 11-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Personally I hope they aren't successful in finding any live Yetis. It would be better for the creatures to be left alone without Human interference. If we found loads of them how long before the unscrupulous try and use them for their own profit.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

From a primatologist and anthropologist standpoint, should one or more of these be discovered, verified, and captured definitively on film, or even physically, it stands to shake up a number of evolutionary models and paradigms on hominid evolution.

I had the rare opportunity to interview Esteban Sarmiento for a documentary. He is the famous primatologist featured on the History Channel, the Discovery Channel and National Geographic. In the interview I asked him what he would do if Bigfoot were found tomorrow. He replied that the searching would be over, but then a lot of scientific work would have to be done, because essentially scientists don't know much.

But with interviewing a few more people in the field, the same question was posed to them as well and they seemed a little stunned. It makes me think this, and I believe in Bigfoot, that the whole Bigfoot phenomenon is fun for a lot of people and people seem to be able to see Bigfoot everywhere. It is like urban legends, every town has the same legend, but people do not realize it.

If Bigfoot were found tomorrow, that means it would have a scientific name attached to it and it would no longer hold the exotic sway that draws people. People would lose interest. Bigfoot would no longer be a phenomenon.

So I say, Yeti, Sasquatch, Bigfoot, stay hidden. Don't let them find you.

I believe in Bigfoot, but I don't want to see one.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989
Personally I hope they aren't successful in finding any live Yetis. It would be better for the creatures to be left alone without Human interference. If we found loads of them how long before the unscrupulous try and use them for their own profit.

The unscrupulous are already using the Bigfoot image for profit. I hope they never find a Bigfoot. Like I said in another post, I believe in Bigfoot, I just don't want to see one.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Scientists

www.huffingtonpost.com

Researchers are claiming they are 95 percent sure that the fabled Russian version of the Abominable Snowman or Bigfoot lives in the Kemerovo region of Siberia.

\

uggg, another yeti story. I would love to have some one come out with real evidence, why are they only 95 percent certain . why can't they wait until they are 100 percent certain, there are so many scams in the crypto world that until i can go poke a yeti, bigfoot or nessi with a stick i am not buying it

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Having followed tales of "Bigfoot" and "Yeti" (among other things) since I was a kid checking out books at the local library, I always found this topic very interesting.

Where there's smoke, there's fire, IMO. Given the geographic distribution of sightings in upper Eurasia and the Pacific Northwest, and the historical details of encounters across continents, I think there actually existed a creature at one time that matches this description. My personal theory, however, is that this creature died out within the last 100-200 years.

I think there are simply too many people on the planet, hiking, hunting, photographing, mounting game cameras, etc, to not have gotten some sort of definitive evidence.

That being said, if there is still a shred of hope to this enigma, I believe it could be present in the Himalaya mountains. Looking at the picture below of this creature, Gigantopithecus, believed to have been around up to within 100,000 years ago (a sliver of a second ago on the evolutionary timescale), this thing is definitely not something I'd like to come across in a dark cave in the mountains!

ancientstandard.com...
edit on 11-10-2011 by dtrock78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I partially believe this, because any group of scientists who willingly go thrashing about in Siberia, are on a serious mission.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Scientists

www.huffingtonpost.com

why don't any of these international scientists have any names, this is all starting to smell fishy. the only names i saw in the article was crypto people not scientists. I would love for them to find a yeti but i have been burned so many times in the past

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They can catch him if they bring some jack links jerky.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

i thought that only worked with bigfoot

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This just in - Bigfoot spotted on the sun!

www.geekologie.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

Originally posted by brindle

i thought that only worked with bigfoot
Yeti prefers slim jims, but will try to secure jack links if neceesary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join