It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists 95 Percent Certain They've Found Elusive Siberian Yeti

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Why do they have to go messin with sasquatch!
I say leave him/her alone.
He/she is elusive for a reason

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I chalk this one up to distraction. I remember a year or two ago that when really important things were going on the media went on with a "bigfoot" story and how one guy claimed to have a body of one. That story also turned out to be a hoax, I am assuming this will end up in the same manner once it has served its purpose of distracting people.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WaffleBear

I believe those tombs were for the original native people(not the ones who we now class as native) or it was for the Vikings.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Isn't Nikolai Valuev(the beast from the East)taking part in this expedition?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
"Huffington Post"... was as far as I got.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

You know what is really shocking about this story is that select teams of "scientists" would even devote their time to such madness. Its one thing to send an expedition to find new species but to set upon finding mythical creatures like fairies and bigfoot is just ridiculous.
Yeah sure it doesn't hurt anything but it does waste money, time, and valuable resources.

This was on huffingtonpost of all places...again ridiculous!

ETA: Meh maybe i've got my news sites confused I could have sworn huffingtonpost was a reputable site...meh guess not.
edit on 11-10-2011 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2011 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Isn't Nikolai Valuev(the beast from the East)taking part in this expedition?
He is the sasquatch they are looking for.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WaffleBear

hey!

please tell me more about this special ops team to battle giant bad guys!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Please explain - I see evolution as more of a tree, rather than one line from primate to modern human. There should be no reason that there could not be a fork in that tree that didn't develop as we did and wasn't driven extinct.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Sorry am I the only one that just saw this story mentioned on CNN...whats really going on here?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I partially believe this, because any group of scientists who willingly go thrashing about in Siberia, are on a serious mission.

Or. If they don't spend their budget to the max in one financial year they'll get less in the next financial year.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sorgfelt
reply to post by nineix

Please explain - I see evolution as more of a tree, rather than one line from primate to modern human. There should be no reason that there could not be a fork in that tree that didn't develop as we did and wasn't driven extinct.

Well chimp and Gorillas are exactly that. We don't come from apes as we are an ape but there's different apes.

And all apes are primates and humans, being apes, are primates. A monkey is a primate but it's not an ape.

The order of primates is characterized as animals with forward-facing eyes and very flexible fingers, legs and arms. But the easiest rule of thumb( pardon the pun) is that a primate has an opposable thumb.

All apes had a common ancester which was something like a tree shrew. And we all branched off from there.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

From a primatologist and anthropologist standpoint, should one or more of these be discovered, verified, and captured definitively on film, or even physically, it stands to shake up a number of evolutionary models and paradigms on hominid evolution.

They are probably the continued evolution of what we were/ were to become before we were tampered with ( DNA ).

So we are just the result of probably a huge evolution jump via DNA.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I've always thought the same thing. My guess was there were pockets of the original species that were left alone by whoever and have survived and evolved since. It makes me wonder what else could be out there. One day the truth will be known.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
National Geographic magazine usually has some really good articles on prehistoric man / primate family.

This "family tree" all the current primates are part of gets more complex each and every year. The point at which modern man diverged from the modern ape is amazingly short, on the evolutionary timescale of things. What's also amazing, and not just for primates, are how many species are gone.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
They are just propping up potential investors for their next expedition when they'll "surely find it."

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
@ Capone,

Yeah, what a bunch of losers. Why can't they stay at home and blindly accept things.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Lets just hope they leave it in its natural habitat. It's horrible seeing creatures caged up and being tested on.

If they do find it, they should observe it from a distance without interfering.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Gorillas thought humans were a myth until 1903
Big foot, Yeti, Yowie/Bunyip are scientist monitoring the inquisitive nature of the human primate.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
just posting anothe source to back up the OP =)

Yahoo

Very interesting if they can actually prove this ...but time will tell

I'd be wary of the motives of this whole venture. From the article:

The region, the administrative center of Kuznetsk coal basin, has pursued the elusive Yeti for several years as it tries to develop tourism into its mostly industrial economy.

Where there's a profit motive for finding such a creature so clearly stated, I'd advice a lot of skepticism.

I'm not at all against the idea of Yetis and Bigfoot, I think it's among the more probable cryptids out there for actually existing (there is evidence, though I understand the skepticism that any or all of it might not be real). But I won't believe this one unless they got a really good video of one or indisputable physical evidence of some other sort.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join