It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain looks and acts more Presidential by the day!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Rick Perry - Not a chance. RINO
Mitt Romney - Not a chance. RINO
Michelle Bachmann - Not a chance. Crazy
Newt Gengrich - Not a chance - Hypocrite
Ron Paul - Probably not. He's already run 300 times, and only gets 5% of the vote. I can't afford to vote for him, if it means any of the others win.

Herman Cain - Democrat's nightmare. A conservative black man, not afraid to call the president out, and the media can't simply call him a racist for doing so. It's a beautiful thing. They'll have to focus on the ISSUES, where they will fail and fail miserably.

edit on 10-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Fat finger!

thats why ron paul loses right now

i cant waste my vote on him he aint gonna win

your vote is meaningless anyway if its spent on anyone of the so called frontrunners ron paul is for pure freedom how can u be against that

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmokeydogg7
thats why ron paul loses right now

i cant waste my vote on him he aint gonna win

your vote is meaningless anyway if its spent on anyone of the so called frontrunners ron paul is for pure freedom how can u be against that

I'm not against it. I've voted for him in every election up to this point that I could, and we've gotten George Bush and Barrack Obama. Not again. For the record, I've never voted for a Republican president. I voted for Clinton in '96 because I knew the shady deals that Dole had run on farmers in Kansas, and Ross Perot wasn't running.

However, I'm tired of being duped by the internet polls and straw polls, only to see Ron get 1.6% of the vote like in 2008. Hell, to read all the internet polls and straw polls in 2008, you'd swear Ron was going to get 80% of the vote. He ONLY GOT 1.6%!!!!! That gave us traitor McCain.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

Obviously ignorance is bliss. I've already heard the craziest comment today, why not top it off it off with the dumbest comment of the day.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSmokeydogg7

They're against it because they're following the MSM's lies/deception/downplaying/ignore-tactics about Ron Raul believing he's "un-electable" like the good little boys and girls they are!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991

Obviously ignorance is bliss. I've already heard the craziest comment today, why not top it off it off with the dumbest comment of the day.

What dumb comment are you speaking of?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Another thing I like about Herman Cain.

He wont be out playing golf and basketball all day on the taxpayer dime.

That man is used to working hard and putting in a 12 hour day.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Who is "they"? Surely you're not including me in that "they" comment. I've supported Ron Paul. I've given him money in the past. I got excited in 2008 when all these polls showed him leading, then, the real poll took place. The Republican primary. Here are the results: 1.6%

I'd LOVE to see him be president, but he has about as much chance as Tom Tancredo at this point.

edit on 10-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Fixed "a" to "as"

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
to me he is looking like a black DICK CHENEY day by day

you can see the hate in his eyes

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i geuss his fed friends are prepping him well

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Knowing how business works isn't actually a good thing when considering a person for office. Why?

Because government and business do not operate in the same way. See, business' motive is profit. Government's motive is services.

I've never understood why "conservatives" are so eager to give government a profit motive.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Actually I'm against him because of his domestic policies. Sorry, if I wanted to live in a libertarian wasteland, I'd move to Somalia, y'know?

He has a nice foreign policy, though. I'd support Paul for Secretary of State or Defense.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

The big difference is, he was running as an independent in 08'. Lot's of people are all "if he runs as an independent I'll vote Ron Paul" yet they wonder why this time he's running in the GOP. He has a much better shot this time around but what with the media mud-slinging they're trying to keep saying the same old thing "un-electable"... Most of his supporters see right through it like glass.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I've tried to explain to people why internet polls are unreliable... but no one seems willing to understand. Mostly because they turn my critique of online polls into some sort of savage assault on His Holiness, Saint Paul

It's stupid easy to game an internet poll. Further, anyone can vote in online polls; A candidate might catch the ages 8-12 demographic en masse, and come out with 80% of an online poll... but tweens can't freaking vote, so who cares, right?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would vote for Obama's re election over Herman Cain. In fact the whole Herman Cain story has been a revelation into helping me understand why liberals liked Obama so much. Anyone who has been keeping up with politics whether conservative or liberal, knows that it's not entirely the unemployed's fault they don't have a job. On the conservative side it is monetary policy, on the liberal side it is the power of corporations getting out of control. But anyone who is aware on either side of the coin knows that Herman Cain's latest observations show he is clueless as to what is going on in this country.

Herman Cain has no answer for why things are the way they are. He hasn't said corporate greed, and he hasn't blamed the fed. All that is left to do for Herman Cain to say is that any American who isn't rolling in cash is not making an effort. All the people that sent out 100 resumes last year know better, and anyone who has been watching politics closely the past few years already knew better.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted
I have seen some reason speeches by Herman Cain and that man has a fire in his belly. He looks like a leader. He speaks like a leader. He looks downright like the next President of the USA.

Personally, I hope he gets the Republican nomination, which I think he will. I cannot wait to elect Herman Cain as the next President of the USA. He is exactly what this country needs right now.

I think this is going to be a landslide win for Herman Cain!

You are right. He acts more presidential everyday. Ever since he called the Occupy protesters, Anti-American for protesting..... among many other things.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take a look at that, take a look at the article within and read the quotes he said...See how just out of touch he really is.... He is just saying what he needs in order to get elected...

I lost a lot of respect for him with this one.

At this point I hope you are wrong because he does not care about this country or the people within it. At the end of the day, it turns out he is just another pig headed politician.

Shame on Herman Cain!

edit on 10-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ron Paul won't run as an independent because if he does, because of the laws in this country which are catered so strongly to the Democrat/Republican paradigm, he wouldn't even be on the ballot in every state. He would probably be on the ballot in 48 states after spending 3/4 of his campaigns money.

This is a reason to support the OWS movement, and not be totally conservative.

The law itself is so corrupted that it strengthens the two-party system. And things like that need to change to make it easier for us to someday elect an independent into the presidency. And to elect independents in general.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Knowing how business works isn't actually a good thing when considering a person for office. Why?

Because government and business do not operate in the same way. See, business' motive is profit. Government's motive is services.

I've never understood why "conservatives" are so eager to give government a profit motive.

LOL! Nobody expects the government to turn a profit. Since they are 14 trillion in debt with another 75 trillion of unfunded liabilities for SS and Medicare that guy would have to be Business Jesus!

What you dont understand is that to make a profit a business must be able to service its customers wel and efficiently. This is why its important to have a good business man at the the helm.

Herman Cain could streamline government services to reduce costs and give better results, and therefor more satisfied customers, the tax paying American public.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

The big difference is, he was running as an independent in 08'. Lot's of people are all "if he runs as an independent I'll vote Ron Paul" yet they wonder why this time he's running in the GOP. He has a much better shot this time around but what with the media mud-slinging they're trying to keep saying the same old thing "un-electable"... Most of his supporters see right through it like glass.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

You really haven't done much research on Ron Paul, have you? When he got 1.6% of the vote in 2008, that was in the REPUBLICAN PRIMARY and he was a REPUBLICAN.

He left the party and ran for President as a Libertarian in 1988 (not 2008). I was in High School at that time, and couldn't vote. My first vote was in 1992 (Ross Perot).

Ron then went back to the Republican party and served as a Representative.

So, back to my original point. Ron Paul got 1.6% of the vote in the REPUBLICAN PRIMARY in 2008, when he was winning all the online polls and straw polls. I voted for him. Me and ONLY 1.6% of the rest of registered Republicans. I won't get duped again so that Mitt Romney or Rick Perry can win. No way.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

thats exactly the problem with government non profit money dont mean a damn thing blow it and go take some more then go do it all over agian.

business have the nasty little things called bean counters and cost cutters and when they are loosing money they shrink and downsize to become more cost effective.

that is who we need in the oval office trim the fat and the stupidty that is inherit in that goverrnment that is here to save us all.

edit on 10-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
This is a reason to support the OWS movement, and not be totally conservative.

As soon as they kick the Marxists out, I'll be on board 100%. Until then, they're the enemy of the United States Constitution.

And on that note, I'm calling it a day, heading home, eating some stew, and doing some winterization of the yard.
edit on 10-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join