It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avenge Amanda Knox! Give Italy Nothing!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Actually, I am really only interested in the symbolism of the whole thing and could really give a crap about the people involved. I mean no offense. I am just trying to be honest. Thanks for being here and being willing to engage with everyone in discussing this subject.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Frater210 because: .

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkers

Alright, you freak, I have had about 5 or so hours to think about this. Not by choice, I had prior engagements.

So I wanted to get down to what I think of you before I make a last, general post.

I like you. We are kindred spirits, you and I. I really appreciate the way that you are willing to go from 0 to rabid at the flick of a switch. An admirable quality, indeed, I like to think I am exactly the same way. I've met your type before and I know that if my gang ever met your gang and a soccer ball were introduced we would all have at each other for hours. You are obviously good people.

So I just wanted to tell you that before we say good bye. Over all I have to give you a 10 for juggernaut like viciousness and economical word usage.

Thanks for being here and I hope you have a good what I would guess is morning by the time you read this.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
OK. So here is what happened.

My beloved Girlfriend and I. Well...

we were both really concerned for Amanda Knox (she was, I was concerned about the symbolism of the whole thing). Anyway, so this morning I was starting to build up steam on this boycott Italy thing and then we parted company.

So I see her about 4 or so hours later to go for walkies. She says, while tying a shoe and looking up at the clock...

"I wonder if we will have time to stop for a piece of pizza"? (!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!)

And so I say...(I actually sort of mumbled)

"But what about the boycott Italy thing"?

This is her response to me. I have been repeating it to myself all evening because I wanted to be sure to bring it to you all as accurately as possible. She said...

"Uhhh, no. I am not going to go without pizza because Amanda Knox went and got herself arrested. They can punish me any way they want, but it ain't gonna be the pizza". She then cocked an eyebrow at me.

So.

Boycott over. Viva l'Italia.

Thanks to everyone for coming by and letting it all hang out.

So, until the next time I blow off at the neck. This is F210 signing off.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Frater210 because: .

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Thank you, Drezden, for suggesting a much better idea than mine...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by Walkers

Alright, you freak, I have had about 5 or so hours to think about this. Not by choice, I had prior engagements.

So I wanted to get down to what I think of you before I make a last, general post.

I like you. We are kindred spirits, you and I. I really appreciate the way that you are willing to go from 0 to rabid at the flick of a switch. An admirable quality, indeed, I like to think I am exactly the same way. I've met your type before and I know that if my gang ever met your gang and a soccer ball were introduced we would all have at each other for hours. You are obviously good people.

So I just wanted to tell you that before we say good bye. Over all I have to give you a 10 for juggernaut like viciousness and economical word usage.

Thanks for being here and I hope you have a good what I would guess is morning by the time you read this.

It's nothing personal you understand

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Steven?

OT: I will keep not spending money on any Italian products. I will even take it a step further from now on I now don't acknowledge Italy as a country.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkers

No, Rudy was convicted because he never had a superpower pushing down on Italy for his release. Also, it's so much easier to stomach a black killer, than it is to stomach the fact that Meredith was killed by a white middle class western woman.

Mate, brush up on your facts PLEASE before you go making ignorant comments like this. Rudy's DNA was ALL OVER the room, his bloody handprint was on the pillow, his footprints were all over the house IN HER BLOOD, he was a known thief who used a method to break in exactly the same as what was seen in the house - ie: break 2nd story building and climb in, and his fingerprints were all over the room. His DNA was also IN her. What planet do you live on where this isn't more than enough evidence to suggest he did it?

And to those who insist on bringing up Meredith and the fact that nobody seems to be caring about her - THAT IS ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS. In my view, it is more fair to the victim to find the true perpetrator of the crime against her than it is to unfairly convict someone just to close the case and make everyone feel satisfied.

On a final note, here is some links to a website set up to help Amanda and Raphaelle in which a retired FBI agent gives his opinion based on the evidence available....

1. Investigation of Violent Crimes is My Life; Not a Hobby
2. The Mountain of Missing Evidence
3. Evidence Collection
4. The Luminol Lies
5. The Interrogation That Never Was

I highly recommend people read these articles. They may be just an opinion but I challenge ANYONE to read them through then still try and claim Knox and Sollecito are guilty.

I also recommend reading through the entire parent website: Injustice In Perugia as there is more there than just the FBI blokes opinion and it's well worth reading through.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Yeah, a dead young woman had NOTHING to do with anything.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
ATS, I am pissed!

What the Italians have done to Amanda Knox is intolerable.

I completely agree!!

They freed a murderer. They should have known better and kept her behind bars. So yes, I agree - let's boycott Italy for letting a murderer go free.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

You're doing exactly what your avatar suggests - sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "Lalalala". You would rather think that Meredith was killed in some sort of bizarro sex-fueled, satanic, voodoo ritual by a crazed psychopath and her friends - against ALL the evidence that proves otherwise, than to believe that a man broke into a house, got sprung when the victim came home and so raped and killed her - something which happens, unfortunately, on a regular basis all over the world.

No, that would be too hard to believe, so we'll go with the sex-crazed satan ritual because that fires up the imagination better eh!

edit on 11/10/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Is this a jokey thread? Its making me smile regardless!!

Some of our american friends are showing just why the rest of the world reacts so badly to them and appear to be so blinded by US patriotism that they fail to understand that large parts of the world don't even think of them on a daily basis.

Equally, some of our euro friends appear to equally blinded by anti american sentiment - i get that if directed at the leaders, milito=industrial complex, etc but definately not when directed at your average US citizen.

My take? The USA is a great country full of wonderful, friendly people. I have family there (since mid 1800's) and have travelled fairly extensively over the years. It, like every other place on the planet, has its share of bigots, idiots, etc. Same as Europe. Same as Asia, etc.

As to Amanda Knox and the thread? Guilty as hell and will probably lose the appeal. Too many conflicting issues to have taken no part and to no nothing.

Funniest thing on the thread overall? The OP's seemingly prosaic view that the US justice system is superior (this is directly implied by the tone of the thread). There are many many things to admire the USA for. Sadly, its justice system is definately not one of them.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

As to Amanda Knox and the thread? Guilty as hell and will probably lose the appeal. Too many conflicting issues to have taken no part and to no nothing.

Clearly you have not read anything about the case past what has been reported in the papers - leaked there by the corrupt prosecution.

If you are truly interested in finding the killer, then I suggest you read the links I posted a few posts above. They provide an in depth analysis.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Kryties,

I have seen these before and to be honest, i disagree with an awful lot of it. The actions of Amanda (and i do not necessarily mean her behaviour in the police station and during interviews) are the actions of a guilty person. Innocent people do not tamper with evidence and change their stories many times (without torture involved!). I get the feeling that this one of those 'marmite' issues - people either do or they don't. Personally, i think she is guilty and nothing has dissuaded me of this. You clearly do not (like the majority of jurors in the appeal). Outcomes? Another appeal, probably with a guilty verdict this time and so on and so on until there are no legal avenues left.

Back to the topic, what do think of the OP's proposal? Boycotting Italian products? Surely this would also mean that anyone joining in will not be eating any pasta, pizza or burger related foods? (all italian descent)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Kryties,

I have seen these before and to be honest, i disagree with an awful lot of it. The actions of Amanda (and i do not necessarily mean her behaviour in the police station and during interviews) are the actions of a guilty person. Innocent people do not tamper with evidence and change their stories many times (without torture involved!).

Yes, torture - exactly what she was subjected to the night of her first interrogation. If you had actually read those links, he goes into detail about how the interrogation lasted for 14 hours, they were tag-teaming 2 police at a time for the entire duration, she was not allowed food or water and they kept badgering her the whole time to imagine scenarios where the bartender killed her. ANYBODY, except maybe a highly trained spy, could not survive that with their mind intact, they will say anything just to get it to end - which is why the method is not used in America.

I get the feeling that this one of those 'marmite' issues - people either do or they don't. Personally, i think she is guilty and nothing has dissuaded me of this. You clearly do not (like the majority of jurors in the appeal).

What? In the appeal it was a majority for her innocence! What planet do you live on? The judge clearly said it was a unanimous decision and that they had "not committed the crime". You must have been watching another appeal, one in your head or something.

Outcomes? Another appeal, probably with a guilty verdict this time and so on and so on until there are no legal avenues left.

There is only one more appeal left and that is to the Italian Supreme Court - and can only be based on legal technicalities and not evidence or previous hearings. The US will not extradite Amanda back to Italy anyways based on the shoddy evidence presented by the prosecution.

Clearly you have NOT read much about the case at all, as you seem to be stumbling over even the most public of information regarding the case.

Back to the topic, what do think of the OP's proposal? Boycotting Italian products? Surely this would also mean that anyone joining in will not be eating any pasta, pizza or burger related foods? (all italian descent)

Personally I think it's just pro-American propaganda. Americans see hate toward them everywhere they go, whether or not it actually exists. It is a mental issue that many of the population seems to suffer.

Yes, Italy wrongfully imprisoned her but then they also woke up to themselves and righted that wrong by letting her and the boyfriend go. So, no, I don't believe a boycott is warranted at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Why the emotive response? I clearly said that the majority agreed she was innocent in the appeal?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I don't know what your definition of emotive is, but that post definitely should not be included in that analysis.

And yes, I read that part of your post incorrectly, my apologies. But the rest still stands.
edit on 11/10/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Also, please do not tell me how much i have or have not read on an issue. I have followed this case clearly since the beginning. I read a variety of sources from varying viewpoints to make up my own decision on anything.

The interview techniques used are legal in italy. I do not get your point on this one. Are you saying that because it is not used in America it is therefore bad? I could flip that back at you and say that America executes children, therefore the rest of the world is wrong for not doing this? (clearly playing devils advocate before you bite!)

Like i said, we will not agree on this one. Does this make me right and you wrong or vice-versa? Or do we simply accept that there is conflicting evidence and that when this is the case, there will always be conflicting opinions?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
In my opinion she is guilty.
In my opinion she has serious psychological issues.
In my opinion the only reason she is free is because the Italian police f***ed up big time.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Ok, my bad. Emotive was possibly the wrong word to use. Think we will have to agree to disagree on Amanda Knox but agree that the OP's idea isn't very good

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Also, please do not tell me how much i have or have not read on an issue. I have followed this case clearly since the beginning. I read a variety of sources from varying viewpoints to make up my own decision on anything.

The interview techniques used are legal in italy. I do not get your point on this one. Are you saying that because it is not used in America it is therefore bad? I could flip that back at you and say that America executes children, therefore the rest of the world is wrong for not doing this? (clearly playing devils advocate before you bite!)

Legal yes, but then again so is waterboarding apparently - yet they scream about that not being torture either.

Any psychologist will tell you that the effects of a 14 hour straight interrogation done in the manner in which they did it leads to the person saying what the police want to hear just to get it to stop. The reason she recanted the next day is because she slept on it, realised the police implanted ideas into her tired, food and sleep deprived brain and sought to make it right.

It's a much simpler explanation, with plenty of precedence, than believing in some weirdo sex-crazed satanic ritual murder. People who believe in that theory, in my honest opinion, are simply playing that fantasy out in their own minds for their own disgusting satisfaction.

Like i said, we will not agree on this one. Does this make me right and you wrong or vice-versa? Or do we simply accept that there is conflicting evidence and that when this is the case, there will always be conflicting opinions?

There is no conflicting evidence, it was merely misconstrued by the Italian police (including a confession brought about by torture) and 2 innocent people copped the brunt of an overzealous prosecutor.

Did you know, by the way, that the prosecutor tried that EXACT SAME SCENARIO of a sex-crazed satanic murder in at least one other unrelated trial? That and he's being prosecuted himself for misconduct in the profession. That ALONE, without all the other evidence suggesting a one-man attack as opposed to a 3-way weirdo satanic-sex murder should have been enough to make people suspicious - yet we see that many people still buy the lies. Why? As I said before, my honest opinion is that they like to imagine those weird scenarios to satisfy their own dark cravings to participate in it or to at least witness it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join