It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avenge Amanda Knox! Give Italy Nothing!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I think I need to explain an odd feature of Americna society to you.

See, America has this funny mental disease, where the most privileged members of our society love to pretend to be oppressed. The wealthy are "unfairly taxed," men are "victims," christians are "silenced and oppressed," and white people are "degraded." On the international scale, America as a whole - under this mentality - is the victim of everyone else's slings and arrows.

Of course, absolutely all of this is mindless drivel; these people aren't victims of any sort. They simply feel that convincing themselves that they are oppressed and downtrodden, they have an excuse to continue being assholes.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

PS: why do "Americans" think that everybody hates them? I never seen anyone more paranoid about hate than people from the US, and I don't see anyone hating the US as they are supposed to be, according the "Americans".

Because despite my rantings, Americans know what they have consented for to be done around the world. It is guilt.

But saying that somehow we should be able to help it while Euros obviously cannot is ludicrous. We are all in this together. Tar Baby. Remember?

That is why we should be disgusted with what happened to Amanda Knox. You are right if it had been an Italian we would have never heard about it. But because it was Amanda the whole rigamorole just served to illustrate how Italians and many others around the world really feel about the U.S..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Traydor

Sorry I'm in a bit of a froth.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by ArMaP

But because it was Amanda the whole rigamorole just served to illustrate how Italians and many others around the world really feel about the U.S..

A) "All Americans are evil war-mongering bastards, we hate them""
B) "All Italian people hate the Americans, boycott Italy"

Is *your* bias better?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
OP,

Forgive me if this has already been posted. I share the link because it's 1 word over
the limit in sharing it all. I went from believing Amanda to disbelief reading of her
testimony when she was interrogated by the Italian authorities back to belief after
reading this article.

Why Italy held Amanda Knox

takimag.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Thank you Colbe.

I hope everyone will take the opportunity to read that linked article. I have to run for the time being but I will be back as soon as possible to deal with replies.

As if to underscore this very point, when the African Guede (whose DNA was vaginally in the victim) appealed his 30-year sentence, subsequently reduced to 16 years, there was no official objection. When Amanda Knox (without reliable DNA) appealed her own, the prosecutor not only petitioned that her original sentence of 26 years be extended to life, but that six months of it be spent in solitary confinement.

Read more: takimag.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Amanda Knox is a fantastic actress, says bar owner she accused of murder

That article is about the bar owner she originally accused of murder, about how she ruined his life and business.

Amanda Knox is a liar, a psychopath and a murderer. When the prosecutors appeal comes around next year, I hope she is locked away for the rest of her putrid life.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkers
Amanda Knox is a fantastic actress, says bar owner she accused of murder

That article is about the bar owner she originally accused of murder, about how she ruined his life and business.

Amanda Knox is a liar, a psychopath and a murderer. When the prosecutors appeal comes around next year, I hope she is locked away for the rest of her putrid life.

After reading that article, I am inclined to wonder if there wasn't a profit motive behind that bar owner's piping up. How much do you think he might be paid to fabricate that fish tale out of whole cloth, both the publisher and source knowing that the chances of a libel suit were slim?

Once again, where is your empirical proof of guilt? Not anecdotal character slander derived from scurrilous headlines.

Produce some real evidence, or ready yourself for the special little hell put aside for those who commit crimes of rhetorical malfeasance.

Say, you don't happen to work for a UK tabloid, do you? If not, you ought to apply.
edit on 10-10-2011 by mistermonculous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You know what they say once a liar always a liar!

I also like this quote ' A lie has speed truth has endurance!'

Shes a funny fish that amanda knox !

One day meredith.....one day! : o )

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

One question: you are pissed at the Italians for what they did to Amanda Knox, but what about the Italian guy that was also considered guilty and then set free, like Amanda? Was he also a victim of the hatred the Italians have against Americans?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
every american abroad is innocent. haven't u read the constitution.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
its funny how the SAME people here Knox is 100% innocent, even with the way she changed her story a # of times, are the SAME ones that call for Casey Anthony's hanging.
I'm not saying EITHER one is innocent OR guilty, I'm am just stating what I see here...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
No. Thank you. I enjoy the wine from my italian peers.

LONG LIVE ITALY!

Countries are silly. The European Union is going to collapse soon.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Grow up you xenophobic idiot !

Cosmic...
I could care less about Amanda Knox, just to get that out of the way. Do you know what the word xenophobic means? I do not think that it applies to the OP.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I believe Knox and her boyfriend are innocent; how many times she changed her story? We only have the Italian authorities to make such claims. Knox was targeted by Police, pure and simple.

I'm absolutely appauled by the Italian Police, the treatment of Knox and their justice system. By saying that, Italy is one of the most corrupt nations in all of Europe, they always were and always will be. And Greece is right behind them.

I generally like Italians, I love their passion, their creativity and their inspiration. But the Italian system is obviously broken, very broken.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I was p^ssed too.

They had no evidence.

A lot of countries kids go to school there and get into trouble not just Americans.
I think the OP like many others let his emotions run a muck, which is understandable.
But.... Hate is no way to live and a fast way to meet your maker.

Respectfully,
Rbrtj

edit on 10-10-2011 by rbrtj because: Added my support to OP

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous
Or: because the evidence strongly indicated his guilt.

Say, also, has anyone ever noticed that an Italian court functions (or fails to) a lot like the British Parliament? He who shouts loudest and longest; wins

contradict yourself much ?
edit on 10-10-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkers

I could care less about the case. But I had to comment on your post. You hate America and think the EU is so much better. I have news for you the US will still be around in 5 years the EU will be a Chapter in a history book.

The European progressive experiment is about to come to a end. The sheep believed the lies hopefully Americans will learn from your example of what not to do.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yeah long live hairy European women!
Gene pool about as deep as a bathtub......

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Well yes she was murdered and the authorities have shown there ineptitude in the inability to catch a murderer in a relativley small country. Is hate a valid reason to hold an innocent person for 2 years?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join