It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Attractive ATS Member?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I thought I'd add a little history to this thread for those who are interested.
The history behind mirrors:
www.designboom.com...

Were we ever truly supposed to be able to see exactly what our exterior selves look like?
Anyone who has owned birds knows that you never place a mirror in the cage.

Personally, I would never add my photo to ATS, but I'm not knocking those who do. It's just that this is one of the few places I can visit and discuss what's rolling around in my head without people considering what I look like on the outside. From my experiences, being attractive can be a curse, too. Our society seems to be under the impression that if you're attractive, you should be taken less seriously. Is life really supposed to be a popularity contest? Being attractive also makes dating more difficult. I'm often left wondering if a guy is asking me out because of my appearance or if he actually enjoys being around an intelligent woman. I'm not disputing the fact that people are drawn to others on the initial outward appearance, but it sure sucks when you find out that the person is shallow and wasn't interested in your brain or personality. Some men and women really do just want some arm candy, which is just sad.

Take for example the show The Big Bang Theory. Would the show still work if it was centered around a bunch of nerdy, less-than-attractive girls with hot boyfriends? I don't think so.

For those who are attractive, enjoy it while it lasts. You've been lucky to have been blessed with beauty, but don't take it for granted, don't abuse it, and don't act as though you're G_d's gift to man/woman. This is very unattractive.

I've already promised myself to grow old gracefully and never succumb to getting plastic surgery or injections to keep myself looking pretty. I've even got some grey hairs popping up, but I still don't want to dye them. I'm going to be a gorgeous old woman with silvery spiral locks.

When I was younger, I was much more concerned with my looks and what others thought about my appearance. Now, that I'm older and wiser, I'm more aware of the fact that beauty is only skin deep. It's what's inside that matters most and I couldn't care less if someone approves or disapproves of my appearance.

There are plenty of attractive minds on ATS and I've already chosen to never visit the thread with member photos. Sometimes it's best to simply allow your imagination to create the faces for you.

(Sorry to all who think I'm putting a damper on this thread, but we all need to remember that looks aren't everything.)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Ok I think you made your point but i can't help but wonder if you are basing your comments on my OP or what others have said.

I did state pretty clearly in the OP that the term 'Attractive' could be construed in any way the reader see's fit.
Having said that, who on ATS do YOU find yourself attracted to, and remember that this could mean any form of attraction. for example: who's personality do you like?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I think the real challenge comes from running in them. They're very easy to walk in.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

You look like Mike Rowe with more hair.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

No thanks! I don't do "shows".

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

My comments are based on ATS in general. It seems as though those who have avatars get more attention than those who don't. What I stated above is more of a commentary about today's society and how we as humans put way too much weight on how someone looks. It was nothing that anyone has said on this thread.

I understand that this thread is about the attractiveness of one's mind, too. It just seems as though the majority of the posts are concerning attractiveness based upon physicality. What about the people who have an attractive body, but their face is less than attractive and vise versa? How many people have you met that are beautiful inside and outside? I haven't met many. I've found that most of the people I find intellectually stimulating aren't the most attractive physically. Yet, when said person does arouse you physically and you realize this, it's the most intense and irresistable attraction there is.

For example, when I was a freshman in high school, there was this guy who I sat with us at lunch. He was two years older than me with shoulder length red hair. He had a pale complexion, freckles, and very skinny. Frankly, he had none of the qualities I look for in a man. Yet, after a month of talking to him, I found myself head over heels for the guy. It didn't even matter that he didn't have any of the qualities I considered traditionally attractive in the physical sense, he was sexy and that was all there was to it! It was his humor and intellect. His smile and the way he was always happy made him one of the most attractive people I've ever met. I often find myself wondering what he's doing now.

Regarding who I find attractive on this site, there's too many to list.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal

You look like Mike Rowe with more hair.

I didn't know who Mike Rowe was so i googled him. The guy from Dirty Jobs! Of Course!

Not really sure how to take that, but if he host's a tv show then i guess he can't be too bad, only i don't whine as much as he does...normally

It is a bad photo, i really gotta update my photo.

edit on 10-10-2011 by Raivan31 because: Making excuses

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Mike Rowe is nice looking.
His fashion sense, is BAD. He looks good for an older guy though.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal

Mike Rowe is nice looking.
His fashion sense, is BAD. He looks good for an older guy though.

Again, don't really know how to take that
kidding.

Thankyou

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Personally, I would never add my photo to ATS, but I'm not knocking those who do. It's just that this is one of the few places I can visit and discuss what's rolling around in my head without people considering what I look like on the outside. From my experiences, being attractive can be a curse, too. Our society seems to be under the impression that if you're attractive, you should be taken less seriously. Is life really supposed to be a popularity contest? Being attractive also makes dating more difficult. I'm often left wondering if a guy is asking me out because of my appearance or if he actually enjoys being around an intelligent woman. I'm not disputing the fact that people are drawn to others on the initial outward appearance, but it sure sucks when you find out that the person is shallow and wasn't interested in your brain or personality. Some men and women really do just want some arm candy, which is just sad.

Your whole post was great, with lots of wisdom..but this stuck out for me.

Thank you for a very enlightening post , with much truth to it

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Thank you! I'm glad you appreciated it.

Nothing makes me smile more than seeing a couple that looks as though they shouldn't be together according to society's standards, yet they're holding hands or whispering to each other lovingly. You know what I mean?
It's seems as though it's just a more grounded and solid love that appears to be devoid of ego and false values.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I figure since the government knows everything, what's the point hiding? They already know what you look like when they go facebook.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I don't use Facebook either.
So, they'd have to break into my computer for pics of me. I'm going to make it as difficult as possible for the government to get a recent pic of me for their facial recognition technology. Not that I have anything to hide. If they want a pic of me, they can knock on my door and ask for it. I can't say I'll oblige though.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Aw thanks! I'd have to add you to that list also...and of course, our resident Conspiracy Chicks. All are beautiful and intelligent to boot.

I'm a happily married guy, but doesn't mean I can't appreciate art...

Here's one of my favorite pics of myself (vs. searching through the photos thread)...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67c75976e75b.png[/atsimg]

Was probably about 5 years ago...
edit on 10-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I would have to say that red headed girl from Canada hands down,I believe her name was CArot,I think

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Haha, yeah ok. Appreciate the compliment man...but I don't think I am in the Harry Connick Jr league. It's probably just the hat.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

No thanks! I don't do "shows".
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

Noooo.....I was only joking...you knew that right?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I like that one too. I've always wanted to do one of those wild west photos, where did you get it taken?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yes! Just in case anyone got any ideas though.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Manhater

I don't use Facebook either.
So, they'd have to break into my computer for pics of me. I'm going to make it as difficult as possible for the government to get a recent pic of me for their facial recognition technology. Not that I have anything to hide. If they want a pic of me, they can knock on my door and ask for it. I can't say I'll oblige though.

Or they could just cross reference your IP address and various medical/goverment records........

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join