It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Heirro could erupt at anytime: Possible Tsunami US eastern seaboard: Please register for Tsunami

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

you better do some more research then because as far as I know a major earthquake would send almost half a trillion tonnes of rock into the ocean creating a tsunami so big it would make japan and indonesia look like minor events.

Also a lake has formed in the crater, which may lubricate the crack in the volcano aswell, now that is with the Volcano itself NOT erupting. I would be extremely worried if this bad boy collapsed...

This is the canary Islands yeah? but maybe i need to dig deeper, may have the wrong cano.. if i have, proceed.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989
If anyone has an Iphone then you can download a free App, doesn't cost nought and it informs you of all earthquakes as they happen, its pretty cool, I would turn your phone to silent though cos it woke me up at 5am today lol. I reckon I'm allowed to name it cos it's free but Mods please delete if this is not allowed.

It's called Quakes - Earthquake Notifications. Pretty obscure name isn't it

I have android but, I can't figure it out.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I would of thought there would be an android app. Type in Quakes / Earthquakes / Notifications etc in the search function on your app store.

That is if there is one on Android handsets?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MrHappyman989

There are quite a few free ones. I have just downloaded one

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

You seem to have evidence that the Molokai landslide was the result of volcanic or earthquake activity. I would like to see that evidence.

In any case the Wailau (and much larger Nuuanu) landslide was indeed huge, dwarfing the El Golfo and other avalanches which have occurred at El Heirro. They involved the collapse of an entire half of islands which were much taller and larger than El Hierro.

The threat of a mega tsunami from El Hierro (or the larger LaPalma) is nill. Day (et al) got it wrong. Very wrong. Local tsunami, yes. Ocean wide, no.

The threat of mega tsunami generation from collapses of oceanic island stratovolcanoes has been greatly overstated. No mega tsunamis can be expected - even if the lateral collapses of Cumbre Vieja in LaPalma and Kilauea, in Hawaii island occur, as postulated. Greater source dimensions and longer wave periods are required to generate tsunami waves that can have significant, far field effects.

www.drgeorgepc.com...

edit on 10/9/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989
I would of thought there would be an android app. Type in Quakes / Earthquakes / Notifications etc in the search function on your app store.

That is if there is one on Android handsets?

Thanks,

So, it's google market apps through Android?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
reply to post by Manhater

actually they are free, but most of the stations have preset broadcast from areas far from where the stations are.

also they wouldn't interrupt broadcast for emergencies because it would interrupt advertising.

It has been ruled on in court that they don't have to its not their legal responsibility to do so.

Maybe things are different in Canada but here in the US our TV and radio stations are required to broadcast during emergencies. They have tests every week to make sure that the systems are working properly. They have been used here during hurricanes and storms to advise about tornados and flash flooding. So far the only emergencies that I have recieved advice on have been weather related.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
One decent sized asteroid crashing into the Atlantic will create a far worse tsunami, and there are countless ones that have not been cataloged that could do this. It could happen 5 minutes from now. Its pointless to worry about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
reply to post by WhoDat09

This is the canary Islands yeah? but maybe i need to dig deeper, may have the wrong cano.. if i have, proceed.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

I think you are thinking about the Cumbre Vieja volcano on the island of La Palma, which could create a tsunami on the east coast of the United States.

I really don't think El Heirro would cause a tsunami.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I've been thinking a lot the last few months about what we would really do if a tsunami were coming towards the East coast.. I don't know how we would get off Long Island in time with all the other millions and millions trying to get off the island using just a few bridges..

I wonder if we could get to our boat two miles away in time and ride like the wind a few miles to the shore of Jersey, and at least we would be off the island and could try to get more inland somehow (Though we would not have our car)..

Regardless of how it happens in the future, if it does, I think everyone needs some kind of plan. I also refuse to leave without my pets.. I can't imagine trying to take the boat and all of our birds and our two cats (And yes, I would even take my two fish).. I don't think I would grab anything else aside from my SHTF bags in the basement with a few weeks worth of shelf stable food/meals, and I have over 30 gallons of water down there.. Iwould grab a few of those as well and get the hell out.

I wish we could just move off of the island, but we really can't. I worry about my family, my sister and my baby nieces and nephews, my Nana.. Very scary stuff.

I feel like a tsunami from this volcano, if it erupts, won't happen.. but you never know. Need to really start thinking about a plan just in case.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i surely pray to God this happens!!
too many people on this planet!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

I... would rather not die, or my family die, from a terrifying tsunami..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I would of thought so mate

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
La palma waking up.
?

sourc e

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
i surely pray to God this happens!!
too many people on this planet!!

Praying that innocent people get killed?

Oh, you're religious? Explains it, sorry my fault.

Almost confused you for the rational type then...

Regards, Skellon.

edit on 12-10-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume
La palma waking up.
?

sourc e

It seems interesting, perhaps a new thread on this if one is not already dealing with it?

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Deadscreameyes

Be careful not to get too caught up in the fear and doom on this site and try to pay more attention to those who quote scientific data.

Fear and doom speculation will always garner more stars and flags than 'boring facts'.

Not telling you what to do, just feel sorry for you that some people's speculation is genuinely scaring you.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I found a video today enjoy youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
There are reports of fish dieing , and sulfur in the air too. Google El Hierro.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If you want an android app for quakes get earthquake alert + alerter by Josh Clemm.

Great little app.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join