It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Heirro could erupt at anytime: Possible Tsunami US eastern seaboard: Please register for Tsunami

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
One of my biggest pet peeves here on ATS is when people use the bible to quote "evidence" that something might happen. So let me apologize in advance.

Anyway, I was looking through youtube videos and stumbled upon this passage from Revelation:

The second angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain, burning with fire, was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood.

Take it with a grain of salt, but couldn't this technically describe almost exactly a La Palma eruption, with the volcano collapsing down into the sea?
edit on 13-10-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I suppose. But people also used that passage for the BP rig disaster. And I imagine someone probably trotted it out for Krakatoa, too, back in the day. Revelation gives me a migraine. I would have preferred it if God would have issued an Apocalypse Guide for Dummies instead. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian, I don't mean to disrespect the books of my own faith. But that book is a hard one for me to make full sense of. I get the impression it talks about a lot of things that may already have happened, and more than once, too. If you look at the possible evidence for extremely advanced ancient human civilizations, it really makes you wonder how many times we've all been on and off this merry go round.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
One of my biggest pet peeves here on ATS is when people use the bible to quote "evidence" that something might happen. So let me apologize in advance.

Anyway, I was looking through youtube videos and stumbled upon this passage from Revelation:

The second angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain, burning with fire, was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood.

Take it with a grain of salt, but couldn't this technically describe almost exactly a La Palma eruption, with the volcano collapsing down into the sea?
edit on 13-10-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)
I avoid that like plague now, it's something which already happened, and some one knows and is keeping its secrets. Very possibly Angel= priest, blew his trumpet= used knowledge * and something like a great mountain* = was a very passionate village, township, city etc, thrown into emotional turmoil of life, a third of that life became an illogical war.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Latest news from El Hierro

15/10/2011 @ 11:59 - Scientists claimed yesterday that the eruptive process had stabilized the last 24 hours. The green area that extends over the “Mar de Las Calmas” which since Thursday could be seen not only from most of the southern coast of El Hierro but also from space, is getting larger due to the ocean currents. Researchers at the National Research Council (CSIC) and the National Geographic Institute (IGN) said yesterday through a statement released 7PM, that the eruption of El Hierro “remains stable” as during the last 24 hours it “has maintained a low seismic activity yet continues the same trend in the deformation of the ground.”

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tzavros
Latest news from El Hierro

15/10/2011 @ 11:59 - Scientists claimed yesterday that the eruptive process had stabilized the last 24 hours. The green area that extends over the “Mar de Las Calmas” which since Thursday could be seen not only from most of the southern coast of El Hierro but also from space, is getting larger due to the ocean currents. Researchers at the National Research Council (CSIC) and the National Geographic Institute (IGN) said yesterday through a statement released 7PM, that the eruption of El Hierro “remains stable” as during the last 24 hours it “has maintained a low seismic activity yet continues the same trend in the deformation of the ground.”

Do you know exactly what this means? Do we need to see calm and peace be still to this volcano???What is green? Magma? Has it really slowed but just looks spread further out due to ocean currents fanning it out? Wouldn't it be red if it was volcano?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueberryHillBlueStar

I'm afraid for this type of volcano I have no idea what will happen next
I am still seeing quakes there. So I don't think it has finished yet. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I read a recent prophecy about a cliff breaking apart from a very short but big wave. This event was thought to have happened in Greece, can't remember if there was any reason given as to why Greece. A lot of people were standing near a cliff side by the ocean, when the wave came and smashed into the cliff so hard it ended up taking down the cliff along with all the people.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
It looks 'green' due to the Volcano being under water.. And the ash mixing with the seawater from space looks greenish... really cool looking!!

That entire chain of islands is full of ancient volcanoes.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Latest news.
15/10/2011 @ 18:09 – A new eruption has been detected on El Hierro at just 2.4 km from the coast of La Restinga and 150 meters deep, according to data provided in a press conference by Juan Manuel Santana, Director General of Security. He confirmed that there is “bubbling” in the sea surface and pyroclastic material floating as a result of magma flowing in shallow waters. Latest new and video

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Maybe the calm before the storm????maybe ground is resisting pressure from below and has slowed things - maybe that's how they pop big, we shall see.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
. . . this passage from Revelation:

Take it with a grain of salt, but couldn't this technically describe almost exactly a La Palma eruption, with the volcano collapsing down into the sea

No. As I understand it, all the scholars--a rarity--agree that the passage is speaking of a very large meteor/astroid/ somethign

FROM THE SKY crashing into the sea with horrid consequences.

I've never heard of any other interpretation of that passage.

Here's THE MESSAGE version . . .

Revelation 8:8

The Message (MSG)

8-9The second Angel trumpeted. Something like a huge mountain blazing with fire was flung into the sea. A third of the sea turned to blood, a third of the living sea creatures died, and a third of the ships sank.

It is an interesting question . . . You might look up the passage here--shoot, I"ll do it for you . . . :

Rev 8:8 parallel versions:

bible.cc...

New International Version (©1984)
The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood,
New Living Translation (©2007)
Then the second angel blew his trumpet, and a great mountain of fire was thrown into the sea. One-third of the water in the sea became blood,

English Standard Version (©2001)

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
The second angel sounded, and something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea; and a third of the sea became blood,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

International Standard Version (©2008)
When the second angel blew his trumpet, something like a huge mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea. One-third of the sea turned into blood,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
And the second sounded, and there was as a great burning mountain falling into the sea and a third of The Sea became blood.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
When the second angel blew his trumpet, something like a huge mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea. One-third of the sea turned into blood,

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Bible in Basic English
And at the sounding of the second angel, it was as if a great mountain burning with fire was sent into the sea: and a third part of the sea became blood,

Douay-Rheims Bible
And the second angel sounded the trumpet: and as it were a great mountain, burning with fire, was cast into the sea, and the third part of the sea became blood:

Darby Bible Translation
And the second angel sounded his trumpet: and as a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea, and the third part of the sea became blood;

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
The second angel blew his trumpet; and what seemed to be a great mountain, all ablaze with fire, was hurled into the sea; and a third part of the sea was turned into blood.

World English Bible
The second angel sounded, and something like a great burning mountain was thrown into the sea. One third of the sea became blood,

Young's Literal Translation
And the second messenger did sound, and as it were a great mountain with fire burning was cast into the sea, and the third of the sea became blood,

RE the COMMENTARIES at the same link:

Actually--some of the commentaries agree with you. That's a surprise to me. I've never heard of any other explanation in all my 64 years . . .

I don't put any stock whatsoever in the symbolic interpretations. I believe it is a very VERY literal prophecy.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Here is the latest satellite image of El Hierro from Link

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Something is going to happen soon, something big, its been too calm lately.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join