It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange, glowing object that put Missouri on "UFO alert" this week

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

Are you from the area in Missouri
where the sightings took place?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There is a short video here taken
October 4, 2011. What do you
think?

www.realufos.net...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Are you from the area in Missouri
where the sightings took place?

In Missouri, my entire life, born and raised.
I just object to the term "terrify"
We MO's do not get terrified, if we do we would shoot it.
And then roll it in flour and eat it, fried with cornbread and gravy.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Have you talked to anyone there
that saw the UFO. Are they still
talking about it on the news.

Yea, terror is not a good word.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Nope not a peep.
MSM has not even mentioned it. We were at the lake with clear skies and plenty of visibilty.
No one on the dock has seen anything.

BTW our lake is close to Whiteman Airforce Base.... maybe UFO's stay away from the area....I would.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeroeffect
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Again your reading skills not much of a strong suit for you,i said thousands at one time or another meaning past reports not just this incident. Meaning if it looks like a duck,quacks like a duck,well sir it might just be a duck.

Way to go mate. Keep going on about my reading skills and not about the topic at hand. Your topic. Which is a bit suspect given the source and the accompanying photo of what most certainly is not a duck...

Given your time as a member here one might expect something with a little more substance is all....

Have a good one-

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

It was so fast most would have missed it took roughly a second and a half, and I live in a REALLY small town, but the banjo playing freaks are the next town up.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I'm from St Louis and the sightings took place in KC,MO but i read sightings were also seen in Joplin as well...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
here's a video of the UFO

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by scheezy

www.fox4kc.com... here is the Actual video coverage to your faulty link covered by a local news outlet...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
There is a short video here taken
October 4, 2011. What do you
think?

www.realufos.net...

Towards the end of the video you can see the red and blue lights blinking on the tips of the wings, so unless it's trying to blend in with other aircraft, I would say that this particular video is military or commercial.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Nothing will happen cos the mainstream expects if this actually happened it'd be all over the news. Only the UFO freaks are even aware of these. Frustrating.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Resonant

That is NOT the KC sighting, I linked a video from a local news outlet for that...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm still keeping an eye on this thread with nothing empirical to report--tonight's drive was as uneventful as ever. It rained on & off today/tonight, so that may also explain the lack of aircraft in the area. That said, I was compelled to chime-in.

First, I'll apologize for being so ready to believe the ISS pic debunking; granted, it could be, but it seems less likely after reading about the lenses, etc.

The part that is eating me, & has been alluded to, is that this is the "Show Me State". I have spent over 1/2 of my 40+ years in the KC area &, this is meant as more of a compliment in reflection of wholesome naivete than a disparaging statement, but for the most part, we are not exactly inundated with critical observers (excepting deer & turkey observations!).

Again, this is only my opinion and is definitely not a global statement about all Missourians/Kansans, but it seems that most in this area are fairly content to live & let live, trust in god & gov't, etc. (lol--I maintain not meant as a negative).

I noticed that a few posters are adamant, almost to the point of needing to convince us, that nothing could've possibly happened. Well, aside from banter that is kind of fun to read, they really need look no further than anyone & everyone that already doubts themself, bought local MSM excuses, & dumped their blurry (doomed to be labeled fakes or hoaxers) cell-pics.

Btw, today I cornered one of my cohorts about last week's drive (referring to my original post). Unable to resist the latte coercion technique, coupled with an empathetically non-judgmental reassuring man whine, the response she gave was...

"They saw 4-5 white-centered, but mainly reddish-orange balls that were bigger than the fire shooting out of the back of the jets." She could see that I was enthralled & went on to say this...

"Just when we rounded the south to east stretch of 470/291, (her passenger) said look at the spotlights--they must be having some type of grand opening!" She said, "I wanted to see where they were coming from, but there wasn't any light coming from the ground. It looked like they were bobbing around some type of airplanes, because you could see the little blinking lights."

She went on to say, "When the jets appeared out of nowhere, we could see the balls were initially bobbing around helicopters because the helicopters moved low to the ground where the city lights were--there must have been at least 6 or 7 helicopters. Then, it looked like the light balls started weaving thru the jets, instead of bobbing. It was like the jets were..."

I got a little freaked here, because she was half-laughing, but got pale from this point on...

"...trying to corral these light balls, but it was like watching transparencies move over a solid surface. You could see the jets' fire shooting out of their engines and climbing & disappearing & reappearing, but the balls were moving around them & would get bigger & larger--maybe closer & farther & when the outer part of the balls turned from reddish-orange to bluish they kinda lit the tops of the jets as they started shooting past them and disappeared & that jet you saw (referring to my keen afterburner observation--lol) was taking off after the last one."

Well, again I apologize for the lack of empirical proof & yet more anecdote, but I did my best to quote her, even her guess about the balls moving near & far. She told me that her passenger & others talked about it over the weekend & because his cell pics looked like "Lite Brite on acid", no one would believe it & the news already offset everything by talking about low-flying B2s & acrobats (which btw, is insane--I'll almost guarantee that even the shoot-1st/eat & question-later crowd can spot a B2 & experimental aircraft that frequent our little airports).

Well, that's it, just more 2nd-person hearsay, but I just want to mention that there's no need to debunk those that already know that no one will believe them! In fact, I'd venture a guess that if more would come forward, the dubunkers would return to their bunkers.
edit on 11-10-2011 by OlafMiacov because: clarity

edit on 11-10-2011 by OlafMiacov because: mistake

edit on 11-10-2011 by OlafMiacov because: another mistake

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Were people from Missouri always crazy or is there something to this, here's the latest MUFON database reports from the last week:

www.realufos.net...

Surely they can't ALL be crackpots, can they?

edit on 11-10-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Check out the link i posted for the video caught by cellphone and tell me there is nothing to it...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here's another video:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
That is an excellent vid of the glowing orbs!

I may have to change the menu to include a side salad and a nice wine...
Just kidding...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by scheezy

Here you go

@ hotrice
Those Orbs look like pretty standard Adobe after effects Orb effect .

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

excellent vid post

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join