It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange, glowing object that put Missouri on "UFO alert" this week

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

so you think this is authentic ??

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1

Well it is a good picture, that I can not deny. And I do not know what it is, so yes it is one authentic UFO.
I just wish there could be some really crisp and clear pictures sometime, or a video with good details.
But I tend to think it is more likely military than alien.
edit on 8-10-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: gramatical idiocy.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Lets hope more pictures surfaces.
Since it seems to have been so many witnesses, more pictures should have been taken.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Mufon has been covering it,i suppose checking their site might uncover more photos or video

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

Can not find it on their website.
Do you have a link perhaps?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
so this UFO is "terrorising" the area yet nobody has gone out armed with a decent camera? hmmmm

if a UFO had been seen in my area, i'd be camping out with many cameras. waiting.
edit on 8-10-2011 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

here is another link regarding the incident... www.examiner.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
It's great that there have been so many reports, some people are saying that some of them have been explained away as aircraft.

As for the picture of the UFO, it immediately reminded me of the 80's film 'Runaway' starring Tom Selleck. The ufo looks like one of the robot spiders in that film, strange but true!

OMG I remember that movie. Gene Simmons cut his hair for the movie and when I saw him in concert that year he wore a wig. I think that was the Kiss Asylum tour or maybe it was Animalize.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I saw this thread briefly earlier
today and it inspired me to watch
Battle of LA tonight. I just now
finished reading the posts here
and find it very interesting. My
question would be why no other
images unless the UFO has the
ability to mess up photography.
I also wonder about the people
that saw the UFO and how they
felt at the time, how do they feel
about what they saw now?
Also, are there reports from military personnel seeing the UFO?

Good find OP S & F

edit on 8-10-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Hogwash, The ISS from the ground is a point of light without binoculars. You can never discern a shape from it without some magnification. I have tracked, and seen it for years. IT also does not stop and hover! What kind of a debunk are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
That is one terrible pic, lol. Loads of camera shake, and over magnified. It may look insect like, but that is an effect of camera shake. I find it hard to believe that the area has been terrorized by ufos for days, and only one pic exists. Seems off to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

If you were to read the second link i posted you would see all the other sightings we had this week along with the Mufon case number and sighting account. I think that makes up for one photo just a little bit,don't you?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Here is a link for the official Govt cover up lie explaining this all away.www.examiner.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Halloween comes earlier and earlier.

I see a spider.

Tethered balloon or kite? Perhaps advertising a "haunted house" activity?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeroeffect
reply to post by chrissiel123

If you were to read the second link i posted you would see all the other sightings we had this week along with the Mufon case number and sighting account. I think that makes up for one photo just a little bit,don't you?

are you referring to the examiner link? I did not think the examiner was a very reliable source so had not initially checked it out, but since you mentioned it again i trotted off to see. Now I more firmly than ever stand by my previous statement: something is bunk here! Reading through the testimonials, saw things like "watched it for hours" "Gee, wish i had taken a pic" blah blah stuff. You cant expect me to take a blog on the examiner citing a bunch of anecdotal stories that may or may not be real. It always comes down to pics or it didnt happen., And the one pic we have is so distorted that no one can even tell the real shape or size of the object. It could be a shakey pic of a streetlight for all i can tell. You can't trust the shape because it is the result of either camera or object moving.
If you had a link besides examiner, perhaps a few other pics, i would be willing to re-examine my opinion.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Thanks OP! Cool pic & painfully, it does seem like the Int'l Space Station explanation fits. Obviously, I'm more of a reader than contributor, but I'm always looking out for that craft or being that will hold still long enough (or refrain from paralyzing me) to get a high-res/non-palsied video. I've pasted a link from Fox News that may have contributed to our other incidents & some commotion that I saw:

www.fox4kc.com...

Sorry about not embedding & for Fox News being the source, but it seems to have been the only station that covered this & I couldn't find the raw cell-phone footage on YouTube to embed here on ATS.

Although not exciting, this is what I saw/didn't see: Tuesday night, I was eastbound on I-470/Hwy-291 (Lee's Summit/Independence area, just southeast of KC's city limits). Traffic seemed light & it was a nice night, so my truck window was down, cruise set, & radio low when I heard afterburners! To me, it's always very cool to see a jet climbing with burners on & even better when it's catching-up to other jets, although very unusual in that area, at that time of night. What really caught my attention was lower to the ground. There was an inordinate amount of helicopter activity (at least 6) between my 9 & 10:00 position north of the hwy. & in the vicinity of Lee's Summit's little airport.

I figured the choppers were news, police, etc. & related to a crime or wreck & the jets were just a coincidence(?). The next day, a couple of cohorts (traveling the same path that night) asked what I thought the lights were that were flying around the jets! Well, I said that I saw jets & helicopters & some little airplanes doing touch-n-gos, but no UFOs. They just looked at each other & at me & said don't mention it--probably glares from oncoming cars er something(?). Admittedly, with all the b/s out there, even though I 'feel like' we're are experiencing increased contact, I'm more skeptical, so it was easy to toss aside their anecdotes, but I just keep wondering where all the cell-videos are from our "traffic-jam sighting" earlier this week & why a B2 would ever have a flight plan that required flying low enough to "uncloak"?

To the lower left of the Fox video, there's a boxed link to the experimetal plane guys debunking the sightings, they don't mention the lit-up low-flying B2 or the jets or helicopters or the Independence woman's MUFON report.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OlafMiacov

Great comment,star for you sir

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OlafMiacov

It's called occum's razor. Exactly why would a B2 uncloak and fly that low to the ground enough that people could see it and other craft flying maneuvers around it? If it doesn't make sense that it is possibly a cover up using disinformation...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I live in Northern Arkansas and naught six hours ago I saw the lights they're talking about. That's what we figured it to be anyway, but it was moving extremely fast.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Amatoremsapeientiae

Check your local news outlet and see if any other reports were made i would love to read about it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join