It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Hannity Fans Attack Occupy DC Protestors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well i was looking for some news i noticed that the fans of Sean Hannity are attacking the Occupy DC Protestors By Claiming That They are Paid To Protest?

A liberal organizer told the Daily Caller on Thursday afternoon that he paid some Hispanics to attend “Occupy DC” protests happening in the nation’s capital. TheDC attended the protest event, an expansion of the “Occupy Wall Street” movement that began in New York City. Some aspects of the protest, it turned out, are more Astroturf than grassroots.

There sources are no other then fox news and conservative news sources the video linked in of there the threads, cliams that the daily caller has Uncovered an Occupy DC’ Organizer Admitting To Paying Protestors
Source mediaite

That video almost seems a bit staged dont you think?

There sources
Source Daily Caller

Source Fox News

How they reacted?

outrage!!!! I knew when this protest started with less then 500 people streaming on the internet they where union thugs!

Union thugs, illegals, college kids living off of mommy & daddy's money. They all have one thing in common. They're basically paid to be at these things , one shape form fashion or another. Not exactly a grass roots movement is it ?

The wonder thing about "useful idiots" is that they are useful to the ultra-left even when they don't know it.

So what you make of this? i find it laughable that they are actually attacking the Occupy DC Protestors group without knowning the Occupy grass roots movement is actually and even spreading to Canada and elsewhere its wonder why Sean Hannity Fans actually support Herman Cain at first they were all for rick perry

I find there mindset qutie sad. if the mods want and feel i placed in the wrong section they can move this thread.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Nobody paid me anything.
No money being handed out to anybody here.

Effin Liars.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
You do know that union members often get paid money to be on official union protests and there are several unions that are actively in support of these protests. It is also a well known tactic of various organizations to hire people to join their protests in order to fill out their ranks. So yeah, the likelihood of their being paid protesters is high, however the paid protesters would only account for some late comer groups that joined the protest once it started making the media rounds during the last week who are using it as a platform for further exposure.
edit on 8-10-2011 by relique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by relique

however the paid protesters would only account for various late comer groups that joined the protest once it started making the media rounds during the last week.

I remember last week on CBC or CNN,CP24 where a report on the protetsts said that some of the protesters were offered money but they refused.

You cant cliam that all of the people in the protests are all members of a union.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
ya, ok, take money to protest with signs ya can't even read against capitalism?

shouldn't they do it for free?

but a buck is a buck, right?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You replied as I was editing to say "some of the various late comer groups"

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by relique
You do know that union members often get paid money to be on official union protests and there are several unions that are actively in support of these protests. It is also a well known tactic of various organizations to hire people to join their protests in order to fill out their ranks. So yeah, the likelihood of their being paid protesters is high, however the paid protesters would only account for some late comer groups that joined the protest once it started making the media rounds during the last week who are using it as a platform for further exposure.

You mean like how the first Tea Party protestors (in vans with bull horns) were paid to fight passage of the Health Care bill by the pharmaceutical industry?

Isn't it funny how people have been told right here on ATS to fight back and take back their rights and yet when they do....not so much support.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by relique

Actually the unions offer compensation if your participation with union affairs either cuts into work time or requires active work from you. Showing up on your day off as an attendee doesn't net you anything. Some - including my own, SEIU - will offer to pay your busing to and from the event, but that's hardly "getting paid."

But then I don't expect most on ATS to know about unions. After all, you have to have a job, first...
edit on 8/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by relique

however the paid protesters would only account for various late comer groups that joined the protest once it started making the media rounds during the last week.

I remember last week on CBC or CNN,CP24 where a report on the protetsts said that some of the protesters were offered money but they refused.

You cant cliam that all of the people in the protests are all members of a union.

Exactly!

We agree.
What next? We heading to DC?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
You mean like how the first Tea Party protestors (in vans with bull horns) were paid to fight passage of the Health Care bill by the pharmaceutical industry?

Isn't it funny how people have been told right here on ATS to fight back and take back their rights and yet when they do....not so much support.

You know what is funnier? Its the fact that people don't like knowing that some groups exist which would pay people to stand in a popular protest that has no set agenda in hopes of subverting the movement or furthering their own goals by picketing and chanting select slogans.

That said, not all the Occupiers and not all Tea Partiers are corrupt shills, but once a movement gets traction and starts to be shown in the media, you could bet that people with political aspirations or with an agenda will start taking advantage of the situation so that their message is heard above all other messages.

Once you realize that is a possibility and start paying attention to what is said and what tactics people are using, then you can weed out those who do not care for the populous (or whatever you want to the 99%), but instead care only for furthering their own interests.

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by relique

Actually the unions offer compensation if your participation with union affairs either cuts into work time or requires active work from you. Showing up on your day off as an attendee doesn't net you anything. Some - including my own, SEIU - will offer to pay your busing to and from the event, but that's hardly "getting paid."

But then I don't expect most on ATS to know about unions. After all, you have to have a job, first...

Compensation is still a form of pay even if it is used to help offset whatever losses you may accumulate as a result of protesting. Sure you may not receive full pay, but receiving any amount of money (even if it is enough to cover gas) is better then not receiving any thing for missing a day of work as a result of protesting.

Also, it is funny you mention the SEIU . My GF who was part of the Californian Grocery strike was called up be her the union local today and asked to join in on a protest they wanted to organize in Riverside, California. She wasn't told what the protest was for, but she assumed it was an Occupy. It's funny because she quit Albertsons / left the union a year following the California's Grocery strike as a result of the their refusal to aid her keep her position within the meat department after she caught chronic bronchitis and pneumonia during the strike (the pneumonia kept her from returning to work right away), was harassed by her supervisors, and then was demoted to cart wrangler after she complained to management.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

There was a protestor walking around holding a sign that said, "Occupy Wall Street is my new occupation" or something like that. Maybe they took it literal? haha!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You sir, need to open your eyes and deny ignorance. This site is full of stinkin' hypocrites that are jealous because they don't have the cojones to occupy anything.

I'm sure if this was a TEA PARTY protest, you'd be all in support. Hypocrites. Grow a set of balls and DENY IGNORANCE!!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Sean Hannity , OMG............. your a great american ......... nooo your a great american...... nooo Your a great american..... No your a great american ....no your both Idiots. OK , sorry just had to get that out of my system. Carry on please.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I was going to start a thread on ATS about Unions, asking the question what is wrong with them? I don't know how they work in America, I can only speak of my experience in the UK. My dad worked for a private company that had a union that protected his pay and working conditions for nearly 40 years service, while others working in the same industry without a union constantly saw their working conditions and pay steadily reduce.

If you are a worker and don't have any representation are you going to expect your boss to protect your pay and conditions? When the boss's primary motive is profit?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean
reply to post by pirhanna

There was a protestor walking around holding a sign that said, "Occupy Wall Street is my new occupation" or something like that. Maybe they took it literal? haha!

I think it was, "lost my job , found an occupation" ...If it's the same sign.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
nice play for headlines, dude.

don't see anywhere where sean hannity's supporters had anything to do with anything.

troll and hoax, i call.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by relique

but instead care only for furthering their own interests.

Their own interests are an affordable education, maybe friends who do not die young in war or with out health care, the right not to live in poverty and get scammed by a system that not only ignores but circumvents them. I would compare this movement to the hippies of the 60's. It is more about the principals of things than the THINGS.

We know who has the THINGS.

We know who has the principals.

Youth, silly things, are all about idealism and a perfect world.
Establishment is telling them why this is impossible and how unrealistic they are.

Establishment - Who are these people anyway?
Aren't they the same ELITE we have complained about here?
Kill the Bilderburgs! Of course I am just kidding. I don't want to end up in one of those threatening to kill the rich threads. Sidelines here are fine.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I was going to start a thread on ATS about Unions, asking the question what is wrong with them? I don't know how they work in America, I can only speak of my experience in the UK. My dad worked for a private company that had a union that protected his pay and working conditions for nearly 40 years service, while others working in the same industry without a union constantly saw their working conditions and pay steadily reduce.

If you are a worker and don't have any representation are you going to expect your boss to protect your pay and conditions? When the boss's primary motive is profit?

American Unions have gotten a bit out of hand, some are completely corrupt. Rather than dissolve the Unions (which is what a Capitalist system desires since it will protect the Capital producers over the people) - we should fix the Unions and ensure workers rights are paramount and unreasonable demands are not made.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Only in America would a goon like Hannity be given the soapbox he has to push ideologically driven divisionist bull# on a major "news" outlet.

Good grief, can his segments be any more contrived and shallow?

Why can't people think anymore

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

It's the concept of negative liberty versus positive liberty....people want liberty, they want the right of self determination, but, they don't enjoy the fact hat others want it as well, and often, others are determined to want things that they do not.

Every movement that you agree with is genuine, the activists the wise, true majority.
Every movement that wants something you do not is artificial, just a minor fringe movement of brainwashed sheep.

And we can't talk about what is "right" or "just" because what is right is the opinion of the victor of the argument, as long as it's the one we agree with.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join