It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Human Beings...skin Dogs and Cats alive..and the Australian Government allows the Imports.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i think the point is not the "real" ugg boots but the fake imported ones you probably see in market's are dog & cat fur, its disgusting and i hope whoever does these kind of practices end up getting skinned alive them self or end up getting repeatedly skinned alive in hell for all eternity, regardless of some people ignorance animals do feels as much as humans if not more, think about a dog or cat as an example, you can be angry at them or if you were cruel enough mistreat them and they will still love you, no matter what, they have a more purer soul then we do. no human has the capacity to be that way. its a cruel world we live in and how these Chinese people who do this treat animals makes me disgusted to call myself human sometimes.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This shouldn't really be happening, these days there are numerous ways of killing animals humanely, it wouldn't take much. As for the fur or skin itself I don't think that's the issue, what people want to wear or eat is up to them. It's the fact they are still alive when being skinned.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Ramcheck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
The import of various furs from China has been banned in Australia, however Racoon Dog fur is still being imported by dodgy companies, branded as authentic Australian wool and sewn into ugg boots. There's discussions now of banning Racoon fur as well....personally I want to see the companies illegally branding it as authentic aussie wool severely fined/face fraudulent charges as well.

Many people think its only raccoon dogs that are skinned alive this may be the case for ugg bok purposes ect, but its also other breeds of dogs and cats are skined alive , the links already posted say how they are used in childs toys for example.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The chinese never fail to shock & disgust me, in terms of the cruelty they exhibit on people & animals.

Are they void of any compassion????
I wish every product sold came with some sort of classification as to how, where it was produced.
Companies that take part in this type of heinous cruelty on animals (or slave labour for that matter etc), should be able to be easily identified & blacklisted by the consumers.
Countries that allow these practices are just truly vile.
If I can ever avoid buying 'Chinese' anything I will & hopefully, will be able to influence friends along the way.
Makes me feel like printing out the article from 'Radio Australia' & pinning it in shops that sell this filth.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well...I'm totally sick by the practices of the eastern cultures. Weather it be dogs, elephant tusks and tiger balls. The consumption of animal by products by the Asian cultures have a deep rooted belief in superstition. Thank God my dogs are American! The Asians are largely responsible for the genocide against our animals.

Not sure what we can do to change those folks. Don't they realize that dogs have been there for us humans to protect our herds, our homes and ourselves?

Dogs are in fact mans best friend. Dog spelled backwards is ....... U know.

Why do the Asians eat up every damn animal on the endangered species list? Again, superstitions. I'm sick to my stomach on these old cultures that are still behaving if they are in the stone ages.

I'm sick to believe that a Chinese person would eat my Border Collie. Black dog. It is a delicacy there. Dogs are just too close to us, trust us, love us and are the most beautiful companions we have. I'm sick.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

Originally posted by Six6Six
reply to post by Dr Expired

I dont see any Animals being skinned alive. If I don't see it I don't believe it.

Got a video? to Prove it?

you obviously didn't read the link, and with that......BE THANKFUL!!!!!
I made it like 40 secs in and had to turn it off. they were slamming racoons on their head and then pulling their fur off while fully alive. zoomed in on one and you can almost see the "twinkle" leaving it's eyes. I am soo upset now, g-damn I'm pissed!!

edit: I'm no peta person or anything, but christ, if you absolutely have to do this, put the thing under or out of it's misery at least. cultural differences be damned!! we are humans, where is their soul?
edit on 7-10-2011 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

Apologies. I only wanted to see with my own eyes so I could really take in what you were saying. Because the lin you placed on the thread is written by an idiot who is very biased. I was not trying to provoke you. I need to see things now-a-days to believe that these sort of things are still going on.

Cheers anyway

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
The chinese never fail to shock & disgust me, in terms of the cruelty they exhibit on people & animals.

Are they void of any compassion????
I wish every product sold came with some sort of classification as to how, where it was produced.
Companies that take part in this type of heinous cruelty on animals (or slave labour for that matter etc), should be able to be easily identified & blacklisted by the consumers.
Countries that allow these practices are just truly vile.
If I can ever avoid buying 'Chinese' anything I will & hopefully, will be able to influence friends along the way.
Makes me feel like printing out the article from 'Radio Australia' & pinning it in shops that sell this filth.

Its amazing how the solution you posted
isn't happenning in the year 2011.
Human beings are treat as consumers first ..soul carrying beings second.
The business cats wouldn't sell anything...they know it we know it if the truth was labelled on the product.
The governments condoning or at least "turning away" from all civilised decency are worthy of the utmost contempt.
An animal rights campaigner recently tested thirty made in china products most of them if not all contained dog fur traces.....so so much for the Australian government 2004 ban .
The last time I ever shot a living thing a rabbit decades ago it squealed ( screamed) as I didn't kill it clean, I vowed never to hunt again for any animal and never have...its not too late for us to stop this practice.

I would personally tell the chinese government I would pay an extra $1 per product if they stopped skinning these defenceless animals (our greatest friends in the animal kingdom) alive.
We all can afford one dollar.
Personally I would rather buy Australian wool products, but they are very expensive due to the demand from foreign nations for our wool.
But if the dog and cat farms knew they could make more money by being humane and civilised it could spare the animals the fate of being skinned alive?

It appears all things impotred from China are given scant attention by customs if recent stories in the press are anything to Judge by.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
www.catcahelpanimals.org...www.catcahelpanimals.org...

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Dr Expired
I thought it was some sort of myth when I first heard about it a few days ago.

1. This article is from 2005.
2. It doesnt even mention Australia, to supprt your assertion.
3. As far as Australian practise, maybe you should read something more recent, like 4 days ago...

after the Australian Government banned the import of dog and cat fur from China
The government has already clamped down on dog and cat fur, banning importation in 2004 after shocking footage was produced by an earlier HSI investigation into domestic dog fur farms

heraldsun
4. Although the problem isnt 100 solved (as you'll se if you do further reading), your thread title is outdated and false.

Myers has been selling Dog fur coats from China labelled as 'Rabbit Fur coats until recently.
For a good price too.
Mate ...bury your head in the sand if you want , but dog fur is being sold and the market is growing , it relies on IGNORANCE.

Here is another link
www.catcahelpanimals.org...

edit on 8-10-2011 by Dr Expired because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2011 by Dr Expired because: link repair

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I would personally tell the chinese government I would pay an extra $1 per product if they stopped skinning these defenceless animals (our greatest friends in the animal kingdom) alive. We all can afford one dollar.

I can understand your way of thinking, as anything we can do to stop this practice would see the goal achieved.
But I'd sooner put my dollars into organizations that 'advertise' & 'label' what these ba**tards produce, so that the consumers STOP buying.
Slaughtering stops when the sales do.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jewells

Yes ...your Logic is spot on .
Labelling would work in Australia...the only worry being the large Chinese and chinese descendant population in Sydney and Melbourne , where they buy Chinese goods as a way of supporting the Mother country.

Chinese people are not western people..for better or for worse...they may not see any offense in what is occurring.

The whole fur import trade from China needs to be stopped until the whole evil dog and cat farming practice is investigated and corrected.

Many supposedly synthetic furs are testing positive to being dog fur also.

The labelling is being faked.............................................................................!

I do not say all Chinese race people are cruel...but their history of killing female babies at birth in China is just another tale of horridness , but the skinning of live creatures and the general treatment of beautiful kind and loving dogs is just the worst my naive soul has yet discovered.
We need to step back ...and ask ourselves ...do we know China ...at all?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The "seconday" dog and cat pelt market in China is a spin off of food supply.

There are many very large cities there that most of us westerners never heard of.

Cities with millions of people.

the 60's famine fueled the food problems.

They eat dogs, cats and rats too.

Very common ..... costs next to nothing.

Some old traditions are at play also.

Chinese legal experts are proposing a ban on eating dogs and cats in a contentious move to end a culinary tradition dating back thousands of years.

The recommendation will be submitted to higher authorities in April as part of a draft bill to tackle animal abuse.

In ancient times, dog meat was considered a medicinal tonic. Today, it is commonly available throughout the country, but particularly in the north where dog stew is popular for its supposed warming qualities.

YUK!

Chinese legal experts call for ban on eating cats and dogs

It seems many people there are better off in recent years, but there is a gigantic food shortage in some big cities.

GUANGZHOU, China — While animal lovers in Beijing protested the killing of cats for food on Thursday, a butcher in Guangdong province _ where felines are the main ingredient in a famous soup _ just shrugged her shoulders and wielded her cleaver. "Cats have a strong flavor. Dogs taste much better, but if you really want cat meat, I can have it delivered by tomorrow," said the butcher, who gave only her surname, Huang.

Protests In China Over Eating Cats

YUK!

Tinkerbelle Taffy or Fido Fudge anyone ?

YUK!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Here is another link
www.catcahelpanimals.org...

Well, thats the third link you've provided now, and it also shows no reference to skin Dogs and Cats alive..and the Australian Government allows the Imports.

My 4 points above still stand.

1. This article is from 2005.
2. It doesnt even mention Australia, to supprt your assertion.
3. Australia banned importation in 2004
4. Although the problem isnt 100 solved (as you'll se if you do further reading), your thread title is outdated and false.

I'm in full agreement wuith you that the practise still happens, but your thread title is still false.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I don't know if your off topic post was intentional, but it is completley irrelevant to this thread.

The eating of dogs and cats is not the issue, its the manner of killing.
And for the purpose of making profitby business people, not fending off starvation.
Cruel behaviour is evolving still in China for a reason.
We should be aware of this.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

The first line had the reference.

The fact that cats and dogs are used for food,

makes the skin and fur worth money to certain people.

sorry for the unintended insults.

I apologize.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Good Grief...

Obviously noone here has worked in a meat works/abattoir.

Let me give you a run down........The cattle are herded into long corals before entering the "Special" opening, their pitiful moos and calls alerting the others to whats in store.

When they enter the opening, their heads are put in a stock like apparatus, that holds their heads firm. Then the "Executioner" "Humanely" delivers a bolt to the head, supposedly to kill instantly, but not always.

Then the body is chained by its hind legs, and raised on a high conveyor system, the "Executioner" then gives a final slit of the throat, just to make sure, and any life left in the animal ebbs away as it flails around upsidedown, spurting blood and its life essence over the floors and walls. when the now/almost lifeless body reaches the top of the conveyor, the head is removed from the body and sent for further processing (brain removed, tongue etc), the hide is attached to special hooks that in one swoop, rip the skin off the animal, with often the bare flesh still kicking and skin twitching as it undergoes further "processing"............etc etc.

This happens to every, yes EVERY animal meat that you all buy in your supermarket/butcher/hamburgers/restaurants, etc etc.

And yes, this is by the "Humane" Western society......

So enjoy your beef tonight, Im sure the cow will be very happy that you do......

Have a nice day..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The point is the Government is allowing the imports to continue...by virtue of the presence of Dog fur in Chinese Products on the shelves in Australia in 2011
A governement allows it by virtue of the slack examination of Chinese imports by customs officals who are grossly understaffed...or perhaps there is an Austrlian connection in the barbarity?
my thread is not false the date of the link is not irrelevant but in fact stands as testament to the failure of the Government to police the imports.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

There is no happiness in being killed for any of us.
I empathise with all animals, but they are not skinned alive even though their end is too sad to dwell upon without tears.
We can excuse dogs and cats being skinned alive and the torment they endure prior to death and the treatment whilst they are growing up in the Dog farms, by pointing out the cruelty of abbatoirs, but this is just illogical.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
That is a horrible video... but um...
Hasn't anyone on this site ever fished ?
Its the same type of "torture" you are talking about.
How bout boil a lobster ?
I mean, we eat clams while they are still living, Imagine the pain they have!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

A governement allows it by virtue of the slack examination of Chinese imports by customs officals who are grossly understaffed.

1. Still no reference to cats.
2. Your definition of "allowed" is absurd. To say that if somebody imports a PROHIBITED object ILLEGALLY by false labelling but customs dont pick it up... then the Australian Government allows the Imports is one of the dumbest things I've read all day.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Have you ever heard of the concept of "Duty of Care"....you should read up on it because many people have been sued and found guilty by not practicing it.
A random check of Chinese products containing fur would reveal a hit rate in relation to Dog and Cat fur of approx 80%....but seemingly this is beyond our nations capability.
We have labs and scientists of world class satndards yet having a few people going to a store and buying a product and testing it for Dog /cat fur traces is beyond our nation.

Allowing by virtue of lack of concern/interest...or vested interest is whats seeing Chinese dog/cat fur products for sale in Australia.

DUTY OF CARE.... includes meaning ensuring law is policed to protect society.
An animal rights campaigner recently on the John Laws Radio show, revealed the majority of Chinese products she tested for sale in Australia that contained fur like product...had Dog fur trace.
A lone woman reveals this...whilst our Customs allow these products to be imported.
Oh the label says "rabbit" yes its Ok , lets have Lunch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join