It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Human Beings...skin Dogs and Cats alive..and the Australian Government allows the Imports.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMS NOTICE NO. 2004/21

Amendments to the Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956 and Customs (Prohibited Exports) Regulations 1958 – Cat and Dog Fur Products

The Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956 and the Customs (Prohibited Exports) Regulations 1958 have been amended to introduce new import and export restrictions on cat and dog fur, and goods made wholly or partially from such fur. The restrictions are intended to cover the importation and exportation of raw, dressed or tanned cat or dog fur and goods incorporating such fur. The amendments were notified in Special Gazette No. S227 dated 25 June 2004. The amendments commenced on notification.

The Regulations prohibit the importation or exportation of:
• cat fur (species Felis catus);
• dog fur (species Canis familiaris); and
• goods consisting, in whole or in part, of cat fur or dog fur or both...

Like I said, since 2004.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMS NOTICE NO. 2004/21

Amendments to the Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956 and Customs (Prohibited Exports) Regulations 1958 – Cat and Dog Fur Products

The Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956 and the Customs (Prohibited Exports) Regulations 1958 have been amended to introduce new import and export restrictions on cat and dog fur, and goods made wholly or partially from such fur. The restrictions are intended to cover the importation and exportation of raw, dressed or tanned cat or dog fur and goods incorporating such fur. The amendments were notified in Special Gazette No. S227 dated 25 June 2004. The amendments commenced on notification.

The Regulations prohibit the importation or exportation of:
• cat fur (species Felis catus);
• dog fur (species Canis familiaris); and
• goods consisting, in whole or in part, of cat fur or dog fur or both...

Like I said, since 2004.

Not sure if you are justt rying to obfuscate, but will give you a benefit of doubt....a law is only of value if it is enforced.
My posts have made it clear it ( if you have read them you will certainly concur ....that the law you quote is not being enforced by vitrue of loose attention on the imports themselves by the Authorities.

Liklely reason ...so as not to upset the Mighty Chinese masters who are proping up the incumbent Political power in Australia.
What are a few million skinned alive animals?
Musn't jeopardise the 180 billion fracking gas deal with the Chinese Dictatorship in Bejing.
Here is a story about the Ugg boot fakes being sold in Britain...makes you ask how a nation gets away with labelling a Chinese product as Australian ,,,but if we have nous,,,we know Chinese citizens who also have Australian citizenship can do wondrous things.
www.pretorianews.co.za...
edit on 8-10-2011 by Dr Expired because: word edit

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Thats some sick video!!!! I know the solution, dont ban them importing cats/dogs ect. Ban them till they totaly stop this! Impose 5 year gaol sentences to those that are caught doing this and then deport them! Poor little animals. I think this shows they are no better than the animals they are preying upon!!! Totaly sick!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the post.

EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PETA.

I hate mankind.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
Not many complain about fish and other less "cute" animals being killed, skinned alive, boiled alive, etc. But when it comes to dogs and cats, everyone is suddenly an animal-loving biology-defending warrior.

Hypocrisy and double-standards all-around.

I for one, want to try dog and cat meat once.

1. There is no consensus among biologists that lower vertebrates such as fis can feel pain, due to their neocortex (where pain is felt) being largely undeveloped. Contrary to higher vertebrates.

2. Why do you think not many complain? I am sure most people would complain even when it comes to fish being tortured.

reply to post by gort51

This still sounds much more humane than what is described in the OP, tough.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
www.peta.org...

I just... really... REALLY #in' hate humans.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I am living near Southern China(Hong Kong) where they do still eat Dog and in some of the smaller poorer places, cat as well, and have traveled throughout the southern cities where they do still eat these types of animals.

While I wouldn't doubt in some cases they might skin an animal alive , why would they not kill it first?

They might be insensitive to the plight of cats and dogs(just like you could care less about the well being of pigs, chickens and cows, which are horrifically treated before being ground into various foodstuffs) I find most of this information to be fully blown out of proportion and almost always sourced from anti-China propaganda sources , typically of the right-wing variety.

They use the PETA crew like sheep themselves, to propagate anti-China rhetoric.

In China, there is a particular breed of Dog they specifically breed for consumption, most modern Chinese find this appalling, and it is quickly falling out of fashion with even staunch traditionalists. But old traditions die hard, and some of the older generation still believe that dogmeat is considered a "treat" etc.

Do not let your ignorance blind you to your own hypocrisy. If you happen to be vegan or even vegetarian I apologize, but if you aren't you are just another in a long line of people who have no respect for cultures outside of your own should they happen to have traditions counter to your bubble reality.

China has a long way to go, this is a country that is pretty much about 25-30 years behind the modern world outside of their most modern cities, but it is trying. The people mean well, but for generations they had to beg borrow and steal their way to feeding their family. They are now getting to the point where they have some prosperity, and can afford to keep domestic pets.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Doctors in Western countrys pull live little babys out of womens wombs and throw the babys bodys in the bin.
Chinese are not that different from anybody else, this is such a biased anti China thread.
A dog is a dog, a child is a child and yet you smear everything about China based on a very small Chinese industry.
For shame.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is beyond sick. There is never ever any excuse to abuse an animal. These people should be skinned alive themselves, but that's better than hey deserve.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

They also skin and torture the animals alive to increase the "taste" in them before finally cooking them for meals. China has very little respect towards animal life in general. It's sad and enraging. And I find it disgusting that some governments in the west would allow such fur/skin into their country knowing very well where it comes from.

They also openly beat dogs in the streets. Think your local pound is rough with the dogs they capture? Well go look at some Chinese pounds where they're beaten with sticks til they can hardly walk.

Originally posted by boony
...a very small Chinese industry.

Don't come here with your BS. No one here is against any Chinese, just the practices used on animals. And guess what? Animal abuse is widespread throughout China for various reasons. (Like mentioned above.) So either you're being obtuse or intellectually dishonest. I suggest next time you come up with something better to defend these sick and cruel practices.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Frontkjemper because: Added reply to "Boony"

Originally posted by ErraEpos
...why would they not kill it first?

This is why:

Dogs are purposely slaughtered in front of other dogs, to increase their fear and stress level- as this is supposed to enhance the flavor and increase the adrenaline in their meat, which according to Chinese folklore, boosts virility. Actual physical torture and bleeding them out slowly, are other routine methods used for this purpose.

Source

You guys wanna see how it is for dogs in China? ethelsmith.hubpages.com...

edit on 8-10-2011 by Frontkjemper because: Added reply to ErraEpos and added a link.

Here's a Google video search for dog abuse in China: Link
edit on 8-10-2011 by Frontkjemper because: Added Google search link.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I've seen it so I know it's 100% correct that the Asians are skinning cats and dogs alive......and their meat is sold to and eaten on China restaurants. This is also happening in North Korea, South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan and other Asian countries. This part, the Op was right.

As for the main story......not since 2003 or 2004 have Australian Customs allowed these furs in to the country. Ugg boots are usually made of Australian sheepskin and sheeps wool.

Which reminds me.....I must go catch up on that investigation by the ABC Korea about a certain Asian country that cooks a very special soup.......made of human fetus's........which does'nt surprise me knowing in China they also tie live monkies to special chairs, saw off the top part of their skulls for the customer to enjoy a live brain dish!
edit on 8-10-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realm52

EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PETA.

Those money hungry idiots with that stupid b*tch on front really shouldn't get any support from intelligent humans, cause intelligent humans, who do a little research, know how evil Peta is, that they themself kill animals and do other cruel things.
It's disgusting how many people advertise them. They are worse than Scientology and pedophile priests combined

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Of course there are no certain corporations that are trying to defame PETA...........

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

And people think markets can regulate themselves...

This is an example of a self-regulating market. China has, in many ways, accomplished the "free market" that many Americans dream about. You think the market will speak?

It DOES! It says "I love skins that have come from live animals". Because the people who would buy these things, don't find the practice disgusting which means, yes, you need to have some people regulating others in order to protect others.

I'm sorry... it's just that this site you linked is a radical anti-communism site and the irony just sickens me. They are highlighting a communist nation's free market values and don't even realize it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Poor doggy's and pussy cats.

Factory farming of poultry, cattle, pigs etc, pumped full of drugs etc is fine, because our culture in the west do it.
But those damn Chinese and their different culture, how dare they.

Hypocritical much?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I can say that I don't agree with the use of Dog or Cat fur if they are being used to sell bogus copies of a great product. I also think that an animal has to at least be killed before consumption/harvesting.

I've actually tried both Dog and Cat meat in a traditional meal prepared by somebody that grew up in China.

The Dog-meal was called 'Tsu-Tsek' and it was fried Dog meat (calf muscle) with Vegetables and a sauce.
The meat was delicious, and tasted a little salty.

The Cat-meat was served diced and fried with rice and vegetables.
Absolutely lovely, tasted a little like chicken mixed with lamb.

I've also had Bear-paw, but that's not for this thread.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What the heck, I am so disturbed by the video from peta from that link. Live freaking raccoons, and dogs. We deserve everything mother nature is about to hand us.

That is the worst thing I have ever seen in my life.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage
Poor doggy's and pussy cats.

Factory farming of poultry, cattle, pigs etc, pumped full of drugs etc is fine, because our culture in the west do it.
But those damn Chinese and their different culture, how dare they.

Hypocritical much?

Not to mention the "rape racks" we put cows in so they stay fertile so they can keep producing milk, all the while aborting the babies so they can stay eternally pregnant only to be slaughtered after that hard rape-filled life, hanging upside down slowly bleeding out by the time they reach the rendering machines.

Yeah... just because we have fancier logos and do it with machines, we aren't any better. If you eat animal products, you are most likely contributing to this. Period.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
For me this is the reason i pray there is a hell for people like this. i hope they to get skinned alive over and over by the Devil himself, or Dick Cheney one of the two.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

I dont see any Animals being skinned alive. If I don't see it I don't believe it.

Got a video? to Prove it?

Obviously you didnt click on the link, read the article, or click a link in the article which will take you to the video you ask for.

How about actually looking at the source material before putting your foot directly into your mouth?

As far as the video I watched, it is beyond disgusting. I hope the people who participate in this practice get treated the same way themselves one day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join