It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax the Super Rich now or face a revolution; They were told, They didn't listen!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So the question is,
was it predicted or engineered?

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (MarketWatch) — Yes, tax the Super Rich. Tax them now. Before the other 99% rise up, trigger a new American Revolution, a meltdown and the Great Depression 2.

Revolutions build over long periods — to critical mass, a flash point. Then they ignite suddenly, unpredictably. Like Egypt, started on a young Google executive’s Facebook page. Then it goes viral, raging uncontrollably. Can’t be stopped. Here in America the set-up is our nation’s pervasive “Super-Rich Delusion.”

Either way, it is here and it is now.
I can't help but think that we are being pushed to revolt so they can crack down on us and declare martial law.
Unfortunately it doesn't matter. A revolution is necessary and a revolution is exactly what we are heading into.
Time will tell but it is funny how this was called so accurately.

Link
edit on 7-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
That is why the universe gave us single man examples of what the 99% should do:

1. peaceful revolution

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Gandhi

John F Kennedy Jr.

...(more)

This is a massive global political and spiritual awakening.

Humanity is tired of the lies, manipulation, and lack of freedom, liberty and well-being.
Engineered and orchestrated by the global 1% internationally wealthiest elite!

The world is tired of war, destruction, poverty and division.

We are ready to end this nightmare.

The truth cannot be suppressed forever.

A different way of life and care for the planet is in order and is HAPPENING NOW TOO!

PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE WAKING UP AND LIVING IN A MORE HARMONIOUS WAY WITH THE PLANET. ALL THE PROTESTS ALL OVER THE WORLD IS HUMANITY BEGINNING TO THROW UP A GREAT SICKNESS THAT HAS BEEN FESTERING IN THE STOMACH OF THE 99% for a long time. ONCE THE 99% THROW UP the 1% can smell it and maybe just maybe, they will give the 99% a vehicle for wich to make the world a beautiful and sustainable peaceful place for 5-10 billion people for the next eternity.

WE SHOULD ALL BE VERY HAPPY CHANGE IS COMING

::

message to the 99%
be peaceful, or you go here,
just dont give up because if done right and the 99% win then the 99% and the 1% become the 100%,
(and no one is hurt).

Think about it. People get injured every day for stealing, and almost every day if not every day, someone dies in the world because they got caught stealing or robbing.

Now we have a case where a very few individuals (politicians and corporations hand in hand) have usurped all aspects of wealth for said 99% for many generations.

I SAY BRING THEM TO JUSTICE IN A PEACEFUL WAY.

Engineered poverty.

WE ARE MAD AS HELL AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE

but we feel great inside that we are mad as hell and when we are mad as hell,
because in the end its just like having a big 100 million people strong tantrum for a lolly pop,
only the lolly pop is a new sustainable way of supporting life on the planet, putting a little purpose back in peoples pockets, and stopping the chemtrails for sure! that effects everyone, even the president. We need real leaders where every human being gets an opportunity to lead, not that its an ultra exclusive cult that is hell bent on population control.

edit on 7-10-2011 by OccupyPlanet because: more

edit on 7-10-2011 by OccupyPlanet because: spelling

edit on 7-10-2011 by OccupyPlanet because: jfk

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think you're absolutely right on all counts, and to answer your question, it absolutely was engineered just for the reason you specify: martial law will be declared and they will try harder than ever to retain control.

The real question is, who among the military and police will stand up for what's right, and who will make traitors of themselves by attacking the American people in force?

Just as you say though, sir, we are headed down a one way path, to a revolution, or to a failed revolution.

Blood will be shed before this ends, and this is a war the people are unlikely to win through violence.

Our only hope is to keep it peaceful for as long as possible, but we're not the ones bringing all the nightsticks and mace and guns and attack dogs and LRAD machines to the protests, so whether it can be peaceful isn't up to us.

But I do know one thing, once they start killing Americans, the revolution begins. There will be no stopping the American people from fighting back as soon as they see innocent Americans being gunned down by the nazis on TV.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This has been coming for a long time. I didn't know how it would start, but I knew it would eventually.

OP, I do believe that this OWS was all started by TPTB, all the way to the top. If Obama can find a reason to declare Martial Law before the elections next year, then he gets to remain King of AmeriKa. He knows that this will be the only way for him to stay in power and I believe he is playing all the cards he can to insure this.

Just the Liberals are protesting now, but sooner or later the Right will join with them and all people will come together to revolt. It will only take someone getting killed by the AUTHORITY, then all bets are off.

When the Revolution begins, and it will, it will be the bloodiest in American History and in the World. I just pray that most in the Military will stand with the people. There will be a lot like my brother who is in Afghanistan, that will fire on the people. They are the ones that are brainwashed killing machines and are loyal to their Masters, and will follow whatever the orders are that they give.

I hope everyone gets prepared or already is prepared because it is coming. Like you said OP, it needs to come. It's the only option that is left...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Exactley. This has been brewing for a very, very long time.... It just took a good smack in the face to wake people up... but waking up they are, and more by the hour...

Change is upon us, it's happening as we speak.. Come next year, I believe things will be very different...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
How much more should we tax the rich?

Is another 5% enough?

At what level of income is someone considered to be rich?

edit on 7-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by Convicted because: (I kaint spell or type)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
We're talking billions of dollars.
We're talking huge banks that suck the lifeblood out of the economy by taking millions, if not billions in interest.
Not the people who are like, low end millionaires. Im talking the head honchos, the guys at the very top. Pulling all the strings. With all the money, and wanting more of it.

The time has come. And we knew it was going to happen. Just the feeling of unrest is present. The global awakening has happening faster than ever.

This -could- end in blood. And i know for a fact that a lot of military are pissed off, lots of cops are too. And if the authority kills an innocent. I definatly agree that all best are off, i can say with certainty that at least some of the police will turn, the military? definatly turn for the most part. And americans are some of the most armed citizens in the world. You'll have no damn problem taking back whats yours. Come help canada out.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Do you realise that large banks are corporations with shareholders and many of those shareholders are average people who are investing for their retirement? So are we gonna gun down the shareholders of the major banks or just the ones that we deem own too many shares?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted
How much more should we tax the rich?

Is another 5% enough?

At what level of income is someone considered to be rich?

edit on 7-10-2011 by Convicted because: (I kaint spell or type)

375,000 to 500,000 - 38.5%
500,000 to 1,000,000 - 42%
1,000,000 to 5,000,000 - 45%
5,000,000+ - 48%

OR, we could return the rates to that which they were in the 50s-60s, adjusted for inflation, of course.

That specific enough

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
We have dug ourselves into a hole we can't get out of. A revolution is needed. The higher ups need to know that we're serious.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccupyPlanet
That is why the universe gave us single man examples of what the 99% should do:

1. peaceful revolution

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Gandhi

John F Kennedy Jr.

...(more)
I said as much earlier at GLP and got banned. Just shows they have an agenda and are supported by the same people they claim to despise. I am sure within days their site will lose most of the intelligent users and content. I support the movement and will not bow to tptb.

This is a massive global political and spiritual awakening.

Humanity is tired of the lies, manipulation, and lack of freedom, liberty and well-being.
Engineered and orchestrated by the global 1% internationally wealthiest elite!

The world is tired of war, destruction, poverty and division.

We are ready to end this nightmare.

The truth cannot be suppressed forever.

A different way of life and care for the planet is in order and is HAPPENING NOW TOO!

PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE WAKING UP AND LIVING IN A MORE HARMONIOUS WAY WITH THE PLANET. ALL THE PROTESTS ALL OVER THE WORLD IS HUMANITY BEGINNING TO THROW UP A GREAT SICKNESS THAT HAS BEEN FESTERING IN THE STOMACH OF THE 99% for a long time. ONCE THE 99% THROW UP the 1% can smell it and maybe just maybe, they will give the 99% a vehicle for wich to make the world a beautiful and sustainable peaceful place for 5-10 billion people for the next eternity.

WE SHOULD ALL BE VERY HAPPY CHANGE IS COMING

::

message to the 99%
be peaceful, or you go here,
just dont give up because if done right and the 99% win then the 99% and the 1% become the 100%,
(and no one is hurt).

Think about it. People get injured every day for stealing, and almost every day if not every day, someone dies in the world because they got caught stealing or robbing.

Now we have a case where a very few individuals (politicians and corporations hand in hand) have usurped all aspects of wealth for said 99% for many generations.

I SAY BRING THEM TO JUSTICE IN A PEACEFUL WAY.

Engineered poverty.

WE ARE MAD AS HELL AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE

but we feel great inside that we are mad as hell and when we are mad as hell,
because in the end its just like having a big 100 million people strong tantrum for a lolly pop,
only the lolly pop is a new sustainable way of supporting life on the planet, putting a little purpose back in peoples pockets, and stopping the chemtrails for sure! that effects everyone, even the president. We need real leaders where every human being gets an opportunity to lead, not that its an ultra exclusive cult that is hell bent on population control.

edit on 7-10-2011 by OccupyPlanet because: jfk

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The new world order... whatever it may be, could have never conquered the US or the western democracies without our participation.

Enter: the occupyists and anarchists playing their part by script. Three decades of dumbing down the civil population has now rendered this dingy generation doing the bidding of those who needed a reason to decommission constitutions and democracies.

How very convenient.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Tax the super rich now or face a revolution? Seriously? This in The United States? A nation that was founded on a revolution sparked at outrage on a tax on tea, this was The United States. A nation that was no sooner federalized than a rebellion was fomented because of a tax on whiskey. This was The United States. A nation that abhorred taxation in any form, and only begrudgingly paid a tax to keep the wheels of government functioning.

Today, The United States of America is filled with self righteous, smug, emotional basket cases who think that the next evolution in revolution is an embrace of taxation, and more specifically, using taxation as a method of wealth redistribution. From a nation founded on the rough, tough, individualism that gave us the likes of George Washington, Thomas Paine, Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, and later people such as Davy Crockett, Andrew Jackson, Ulysses S. Grant, and so many more, to a nation in a time when individualism has been supplanted with collectivism, and if one is not a certified victim, then they will not have any rights recognized.

From a nation that was founded on the principles of unalienable rights to a nation that has made its sacred cow civil rights, we are a nation overwhelmed with unimaginative, mindless, automatons who think the only answer is government functioning as a social engineer, and that plundering income from people in order to redistribute wealth is somehow establishing justice, and securing the general welfare of a nation. Some how, these unimaginative, mindless, automatons believe that as long as plunder is legalized that this will make it moral and just instead of unjust, and immoral.

"The power to tax is the power to destroy."

Chief Justice John Marshall

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I agree with you to a point.
However, if we are talking about why these protests are happening
It is alot more complex than just taxation.
I just found it rather funny that this was called so accurately.
I am also not above the idea that we are all being set up.
There have been DOZENS AND DOZENS of people on tis website alone over the past four or five years
who have predicted that this is precisely the way it would go down.

The problem IS,
it doesn't matter. We are going to do what MUST be done.
Revolution is calling and the phone is ringing.

The question is, do you have the balls to answer or do you let it go to voicemail?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

The question is, do you have the balls to answer or do you let it go to voicemail?

Balls alone is not near enough to effectively bring about revolution in a manner that affects positive change. While a nation unbelievably agreed to speak of the Second Amendment in terms of guns only, the armed forces of the federal government was developing caches of weapons of mass destruction. People have foolishly agreed that driving is a privilege and not a right, so it only follows that people foolishly agreed that they do not have a right to own jets and planes without permission from the government, and you can be rest assured that the people all too foolishly agreed that "civilians" should not have military jets.

The Second Amendment makes no mention of guns in that Amendment and instead makes clear that the federal government has no lawful authority to infringe upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms. If you think the American people can go toe to toe with the American military industrial complex without causing a remarkably tragic slaughter of those people, then you are not thinking this through.

Revolution must happen, but it is folly to think a violent revolution, at this point, with most of the people in the nation, effectively disarmed by its own government, that such a strategy will bring about the desired outcome, which should be freedom. Particularly in the light of the lessons of recent history where the world witnessed several "velvet revolutions" coming out of the Eastern European bloc.

Meekly acquiescing to governments intrusions day after day for no better reason than the sake of expedience is hardly ballsy, and it is precisely this that has led us to where we are at. A whole nation of people who have - like castrated eunuchs - sat meekly by and watched local, state, and federal governments piss and puke all over their unalienable rights, all the while lamenting their loss of "civil rights" like lambs to the slaughter. Hardly ballsy. These are the same people you expect to show some balls now?

Even if this nation suddenly and inexplicably each got a pair of balls, by waiting so long to grow some balls it has only made the prospect of violent revolution far to destructive. It would not be ballsy, just plain stupid. Besides, will these ballsy revolutionaries that you think exist today, join the revolution before or after they've had their drivers license renewed, and filed their valid tax return? Balls indeed. One good kick in the balls is going to hurt you, or anyone else with balls, just as much. Measured responses to government intrusion that don't involve violence, simply non acquiescence, are probably the better strategy. Sure, even this requires a pair of balls, but at least the revolution is being fought with jock straps and a cup on.

Prudence is the better part of valor.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

SnF
Why act froggy unless you are prepared to jump. I've been angry enough. For long enough. I say we do this,
even tho they're taunting us. And it's easy to see they are. I do believe their goal is far more than martial law,
but who wants to live to get old anyway ? Looks like to much pain to me. So, I think you may know as well as I do OP. We can go the peaceful revolution. Set our selves up to be martyred or what not. You know they won't allow it to remain that way very long. Anyway, if it is going to happen ? I hope it's soon. I would love a chance
to show the basturd inbred royals how much I hate their world. I would love to die in defiance of the tyranny that has gripped mankind for thousands of years. That would be cool.

edit on 8-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Star for a well thought out and eloquently laid out post.
I don't know if I agree with everything you said.
I have a feeling that I just don't WANT to agree with it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Star for a well thought out and eloquently laid out post.
I don't know if I agree with everything you said.
I have a feeling that I just don't WANT to agree with it.

I to flagged Zodeauxs post. As he is of course right. What I don't think he understands is that you do speak for me also, when you say you just don't want to agree. I would rather die defying the falseness of what these tyrants call freedom. It would be an honor to show the world that without freedom your dead anyway. It would be an honorable death. Something that means a lot to me. I would fight.

Click on you tube link to watch

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Hi OP, I believe the entire riots were created by TPTB. They can use the riots as a reason to crash the markets, which I feel is coming around Oct 19 the same day as the Market crash of 1987. October has a long history of stock market crashes. 1929 the market crashed on Oct 29. This would cause millions to lose their paper colorful money and the Elites will use propaganda to blame the rioters for the loses. This will spark the divide and conquer agenda. People living with greed and Ego will blame anyone who they believe stole that from them. They will listen to propaganda from any MSM channel and blame their neighbors and friends who support the riots. Many will figure out the set up but most will not. The Elite will have more money to destroy nations by taking ours. Without the funny colored worthless paper, the majority will struggle.

The things you mentioned above would be some extras they will use to scare anyone who goes against them. They control this BS three ring circus. They may find their plan wasn't thought out very well when people unite. It is a mess and I pray for peace.

Peace to all.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The 99% of the population is SICK OF GETTING SCREWED. Something HAS to be done. Business as usual isnt working.

Somehow while the 99% of folks are drowning in financial misery, we have the 1% snakes who are raking in MOUNTAINS OF CASH laughing at the misfortunes of all of us.

The absolute NICEST thing that the wealthy should hope for is to get TAXED a FAIR SHARE. That would be their BEST option as the other options that are always on the table for those snakes are not very good when you have 99% of the People absolutely PISSED OFF right now.

Take your opportunity NOW to pay your FAIR SHARE wealthy folks before it gets WAY worst.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join