It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax the Super Rich now or face a revolution; They were told, They didn't listen!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Star for a well thought out and eloquently laid out post.
I don't know if I agree with everything you said.
I have a feeling that I just don't WANT to agree with it.

Thank you for your considered honesty. It is always refreshing to hold discourse with such a person. If I may use this post to address both you and Randyvs together, I cannot argue any more passionately, more fiercely, and more resolutely, that dying in defiance of tyranny - no matter how noble it is, and it is noble - is not the best strategy for reigning in the tyrants and finally, once and for all, establishing freedom.

Of course, I am of the mind that freedom can only come when People, individually, have learned how to govern themselves. Self government is the only rational, in my mind, method for establishing a central government. It can only exist to either protect the rights of individuals, and failing that, somehow facilitate the process of remedy through a court system where a redress of grievances can be heard and ruled upon.

Such freedom means fighting a whole lot of tyrants today, and then keeping constant vigilance afterwards. Better you and Randyvs are alive for afterward, and better now to assume we can defeat the tyrants, and if we can, we should, than assuming we can only lash out in a fit of rage and accept the consequences (more than likely beyond tragic) satisfying ourselves that our deaths were useful. If we must die, then absolutely let our deaths be useful, but long before that happens, let our lives be useful, and let that use be in the name, and for the cause of freedom.

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

Wisdom of the Cherokee Nation

edit on 8-10-2011 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: Cherokee quote added for emphasis

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

One evil Old Man who knows exactly what is happening.

<< 1   >>

join