It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those OWS people don't represent the 99%

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

The protestors do not represent me. I am pro-capitalism. I am pro people keeping as much of what they earned as possible. I think if people want social engineering with their money, then they can join with like minded people and create a private charity, not be forced to social engineer things they dont even agree with at the threat of having their property taken by force at the hands of their own government.

Bottom line is things are about to get a lot worse. These people are not
going to stop stealing. They have not been held accountable. Why should
they stop? Besides, they are addicted...

When you said the things quoted above, did you mean the government, because if you did then I totally agree with you.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
sociology.ucsc.edu...

So you can see how the wealth is laid down or trickled down...bwahahaha trickle down what a joke, nothing trickles down, in fact the top 1-15% have managed to practically stop the flow and magically the flow has started dripping upward.

And if you think that flipping burgers is going to bring you up you are sadly out of touch with reality.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

I know there have been people in OWS who have made statements like "capitalism has
got to go" and whatnot. Personally I think it's dip#s like Michael Moore and others like
him who are trying to hijack these protests for their own agenda. Sure there are some
that feel that way, but you have to remember, the media are being threatened by these
protests as well and they are going to do whatever they can to make these people look
ridiculous or violent or confused or whatever.

Yes the government is at fault. But in case you haven't noticed, our leaders get their
marching orders from the banks and corporations. They own the goverment,
so technically, they are our government now.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by seabag

Explain that to the people that can't get jobs because of one reason or another.

RSF77...I didn't mean you personally. You asked me to address the people who can't find jobs.

You also asked if I would say that to them face-to-face? Sure, why not? The truth hurts but the truth must be told. Look, it’s been said!!! 75% of the people on this site disagree with me. I don’t care, and my message wouldn’t change because some unemployed dude was standing right in front of me or because the audience here doesn’t agree with me. I really don’t care. Maybe someone will hear something from me that rings true in their heart and they will toughen up and do something to better them self rather than hating on people who have.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

Explain that to the people that can't get jobs because of one reason or another.

RSF77...I didn't mean you personally. You asked me to address the people who can't find jobs.

You also asked if I would say that to them face-to-face? Sure, why not? The truth hurts but the truth must be told. Look, it’s been said!!! 75% of the people on this site disagree with me. I don’t care, and my message wouldn’t change because some unemployed dude was standing right in front of me or because the audience here doesn’t agree with me. I really don’t care. Maybe someone will hear something from me that rings true in their heart and they will toughen up and do something to better them self rather than hating on people who have.

Have you ever stood in front of a person who has lost everything?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Corporations dont own our government. They own the greedy politicians that they have bought and paid for. I think a company would be a damn fool not to buy a few politicians. They are relatively cheap for what they deliver to you. They are the equivalent of a beautiful $5 crack whore with mad skills.

I say if we catch a politican with a refrigerator full of bribes he should be tried for treason and if found guilty face the ultimate punishment on live TV.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I have personally lost everything before, because of poor business decisions, and some personal issues that contributed to it. I knew it then and I know it now. It was all my fault. I used it to learn from and make better decisions. It was an expensive learning process, but it also made me a better person in the end. I never ran to the government for help. I just did what I had to do until I could save enough money to try again, this time being a little wiser. Now I could have curled up in a ball and blamed everyone else, but what good would that have done anyone? To be honest, it was tempting but I knew better deep down in my heart. I knew I was better than that and I had to man up, sacrifice, make tough choices, and be honest with myself.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Look, the majority of the people who are unemployed in this country are that way for a reason. For some it’s just too irresistible for them to stay home and collect the government cheese than get a job. Others say they can’t find a job when in reality they can…it’s just not a job up to their standards. Others are chronically unemployed. Others are retired…etc…etc.

I feel terrible for the people who have lost "everything" but unfortunately that is about 1% of the people at OWS, so this doesn’t further your argument! Sorry!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

Originally posted by Convicted
reply to post by FriendlyGopher

Do you reallym in all honesty, believe that 99% of Americans think like the folks at OWS?

Of course they dont... alot of americans only care about keeping their lousy jobs, making min payments on credit cards, watching american idol, sports, and jersey shore...

These protests are a great attempt at a mass awakening...

There are many, many people who do not agree with the vague and overly encompassing complaints that Occupy has expressed. Some of those who disagree applaud at least the spirit behind the movment, others consider the whole thing misguided. A BIG turn off for me is the regularity with which those who do support the protests call the people who don't agree with them disinfo agents, or insist that we need to awaken. Some of us think that the protesters are still asleep. Being led and misdirected. We are entitled to that opinion. If you are entitled to call us sleeping sheep, we retain the same.

I believe the real silent majority in this country is awake and working.
Is seeking change inside the system.
Will be the ones to go the long haul because the changes they are making are sustainable.

Will get far less attention than the people dressed up like zombies.
But that's okay. It isn't attention that we seek.
Though I personally don't have a problem if others choose to seek attention, I think it is a big misdirection.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Look, the majority of the people who are unemployed in this country are that way for a reason. For some it’s just too irresistible for them to stay home and collect the government cheese than get a job. Others say they can’t find a job when in reality they can…it’s just not a job up to their standards. Others are chronically unemployed. Others are retired…etc…etc.

I feel terrible for the people who have lost "everything" but unfortunately that is about 1% of the people at OWS, so this doesn’t further your argument! Sorry!

That's funny, because in between having a felony that they hand out like candy or utterly relying on government support to get food and federal legislation on local markets, what the hell else do you expect a progressive community to do?

Yea, no answer for that huh genius?

You think all this is some kind of joke? You live in your little bubble and sooner or later we're not gonna pop that son of a bitch?
edit on 7-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted
reply to post by RSF77

I have personally lost everything before, because of poor business decisions, and some personal issues that contributed to it. I knew it then and I know it now. It was all my fault. I used it to learn from and make better decisions. It was an expensive learning process, but it also made me a better person in the end. I never ran to the government for help. I just did what I had to do until I could save enough money to try again, this time being a little wiser. Now I could have curled up in a ball and blamed everyone else, but what good would that have done anyone? To be honest, it was tempting but I knew better deep down in my heart. I knew I was better than that and I had to man up, sacrifice, make tough choices, and be honest with myself.

Then why do you sympathize with this group?? Do you see yourself in that crowd??? I’m here to tell you, the overwhelming majority of people out there at OWS are not in the situation you were in. Most are kids who want a damn hand out. Recognize it for what it is, my friend.

I’m all about Occupy the Fed because therein lies the real problem…centralized banking and corruption. NOT Wall Street or capitalism or the “rich”. I want to get behind something too so we can address this nation’s problems, but this is not the movement for the majority of America. This movement has been orchestrated by the jokers who caused the problem to begin with. It’s a ploy…they’re being played!!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What? Not following you sorry.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

That's funny, because in between having a felony that they hand out like candy or utterly relying on government support to get food and federal legislation on local markets, what the hell else do you expect a progressive community to do?

Yea, no answer for that huh genius?

You think all this is some kind of joke? You live in your little bubble and sooner or later we're not gonna pop that son of a bitch?

Ya, I have an answer!! Get a damn job that you think you're above and get back on your feet. Hand-outs are done, my friend. And YES, the OWS is a joke!! It will solve nothing!!

I don't live in a damn bubble!! Like most American's I played by the rules, struggled, set goals, achieved them, and all I want is the same opportunity for my kids. I worked for what's mine and I'm watching the country go downhill. These jokers who want a hand out are ruining this country and ARE trying to pop my bubble, which is why I'm fed up.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby

Then why aren't they protesting Washington DC?

Give them a minute. They will be. Already they are hitting Federal Reserve branches
all over the country. That's where the cancer started.
And our bought off politicians are scared and for good reason. They know now
that we know how corrupt they are. At least some of us know. Just look at how
much they are fighting amongst themselves now. They also know it's about to get a
hell of a lot worse...on their watch, while they and their cronies took bribes and used
the good old revolving door method to get rich from money they stole from the American
people. They're parasites.

BTW, this started loooonnng before Bush. This has all been done by design.
A lot of these protestors know that and they are educating the ones that don't.
Stick around here long enough and you may get educated as well.

So, what are they waiting for? obama to be vote out then protest DC? No, if they were going to protest DC it would've been right after obama bailed Wallstreet out. As I've said before, these people are being used by obama and his handlers, this right here (OWS) is from obama class warfair talk. Don't you find it odd that with election coming up and obama's poll numbers in the hole with a slim chance at being re-elected that now all of a sudden people are outraged? No, I see very clearly where were going.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I’m all about Occupy the Fed because therein lies the real problem…centralized banking and corruption. NOT Wall Street or capitalism or the “rich”. I want to get behind something too so we can address this nation’s problems, but this is not the movement for the majority of America. This movement has been orchestrated by the jokers who caused the problem to begin with. It’s a ploy…they’re being played!!

I agree with you whole-heartedly. They need to focus their energy on the FED.
But you need to realize many of these people don't know about the FED and
so they are blaming Wall St. Wall St most definitely shares some of the
blame, but no one has educated them on the real cancer...The Federal
Reserve. Again, these people are not your enemy and they are not stupid.
They just need to be informed. So rather that point your finger at them and
call them names, why not get out there and educate them on the FED?
Sounds like you know enough to be able to do that.

Now with that being said, if you would do a little google search you would
see that people are starting to focus on and protest the Federal Reserve.
Just today 19 people were arrested in San Francisco while they were
protesting the FED.

This is just the beginning. We are headed for a monstrous economic
meltdown. We all know it's coming. These protests are only going to
grow as the economy worsens.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Are you the just go retarded commission of our G mans internet policy?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Are you the just go retarded commission of our G mans internet policy?

I believe he is just part of the real 99%. You know those people who have a work ethic, and love freedom, and see the benefits of capitalism.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

So... your point?

Hell your talking about me by the way, as a hard working American. So what do you have to say?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

My point is the point of this whole thread. That OWS doesnt represent 99% of the population, they really represent about 1% of Americans.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

So, you don't think that percentage of people, whatever it is, will increase as we get more and more pissed?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join