It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those OWS people don't represent the 99%

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I know that they don't represent myself or my family, I mean how could they if they never asked me what I think about the current issues.
I dislike someone speaking for me or representing me without asking my thoughts.
Hey everyone let's occupy everything, sorry I got a family to feed and take care of.
Protesting doesn't pay the bills, sorry I can't be lazy.

Go ahead I expect people to say I'm brainwashed or I don't get the point of this.
All I know is there is probably going to be more laws now due to this.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted
More BS, misreprensentation. Those OWS people do not represent anywhere close to 99% of the American public. I would be suprised if they represented more than 10% of the population. More realistically, they are probably the 1%.

They say things like end capitalism, kill the rich, guarantee a living wage regardless of whether we work or not. Do you really think 99% of Americans believe anything like that. If they do then we are screwed, because 1% cannot possibly support 99% of the population to not work or to be paid more than their skills justify. Whats next, Federal subsidies for people who want to create an endless drum circle?

Over 50% of the population rejects ObamaCare, let alone the Marxism that these folks are pushing.

You see, this is the problem. Convicted here is voiceing an opinion and all ready we have people jumping all over him. Is this the kind of world OWS is for? Believe in the way we do or else? How is this better then the system now? I'll tell you this now, these puppets protesting on Wall Street, DO NOT REPRESENT ME. If they stood for something I would support them, but they don't.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeleneLux
99% of the populace are extremely pissed off and want the old system to end and end right now. I own a coffee shop and get every walk of human life in my place.

Out of all the people that walk in my door, I only have one that thinks like you do.

The corporate bootlicking is over.

The new era of humanity, without all the mind numbing greed is beginning.

Yes most people are tired of working to make someone else rich. People are tired of working the majority of the day just to stay stagnant and never gt ahead.

It is time.

So maybe the 99% that comes into your coffee shop would have more money to save an invest if they werent wasting it on a $4 cup of coffee everyday. Or maybe, you are the type of person who believes in what you say and you give them all the free coffee they want or you base the price on their relative income.

If people are tired of making someone else rich then why dont they go out and start a business?
edit on 7-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

Sorry dude, those figures are accurate. Research it yourself, but here
is a good starting point. University of California Study

This document focuses on the "Top 1%" as a whole because that's been the traditional cut-off point for "the top" in academic studies, and because it's easy for us to keep in mind that we are talking about one in a hundred. But it is also important to realize that the lower half of that top 1% has far less than those in the top half; in fact, both wealth and income are super-concentrated in the top 0.1%, which is just one in a thousand. To get an idea of the differences, take a look at an insider account by a long-time investment manager who works for the well-to-do and very rich. It nicely explains what the different levels have -- and how they got it.

edit on 7-10-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.
-J Edgar Hoover
edit on 7-10-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
obviously if that were true

all of us would be there instead of being on ats and we have jobs.

insert martin sheens tape on his mouth picture

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by orbitbaby

More misrepresentation.

1% doesnt own 99.9% of the wealth in this country.

Try again.

No, not America, it's the wealth of the entire world.. durp.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing the article.

I kindly recomend you read that which you posted.

You said the 1% owns 99.9% of all the wealth, but the very article you posted contradicts your statement

From the article you posted.

The Wealth Distribution
In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2007, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms of financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home), the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 42.7%. Table 1 and Figure 1 present further details drawn from the careful work of economist Edward N. Wolff at New York University (2010).

If you have any trouble understanding this, please feel free to ask and I will try my best to explain the article you posted.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You'll also notice the article was written in 2005 and updated July of this year.
Also, if my figures are off I apologize. I'm trying to make a point and I don't want
to split hairs.

What you don't seem to get is that you and your descendants have been enslaved.
The people who are protesting are simply the first to wake up. You will be waking
up yourself, shortly if you can force yourself to stop watching television.

People are losing their homes, jobs, life savings, their entire futures have been stolen
from them. All of our futures have been stolen. And they are not going to stop stealing
unless someone stops them. Why should they? They've gotten away with it thus far.

However much you don't want to be part of the 99%, you are my friend. You've
been scammed as have we all.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by seabag

Explain that to the people that can't get jobs because of one reason or another.

I'd be glad to! Excuses are like A**holes. Everybody has one and nobody wants to hear yours! There are plenty of jobs. They might not be the job of your dreams but they pay $$. If you can't make it in the most prosperous nation in the world then look inside yourself. It's not America. It's you!!

You don't start out at the dream job. You need a little luck and a lot of hard work to get that.

By the way, the military is always hiring!! Oh wait, that doesn't fit your lifestyle!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby

You'll also notice the article was written in 2005 and updated July of this year.
Also, if my figures are off I apologize. I'm trying to make a point and I don't want
to split hairs.

What you don't seem to get is that you and your descendants have been enslaved.
The people who are protesting are simply the first to wake up. You will be waking
up yourself, shortly if you can force yourself to stop watching television.

People are losing their homes, jobs, life savings, their entire futures have been stolen
from them. All of our futures have been stolen. And they are not going to stop stealing
unless someone stops them. Why should they? They've gotten away with it thus far.

However much you don't want to be part of the 99%, you are my friend. You've
been scammed as have we all.

I would say going from .1% of wealth for the 99% to say .2% would be splitting hairs but that is not what your article said.

You are right though, my descendants have been enslaved and we have been stolen from, but not so much by corporations or banksters, I love that name, it is more that we have been robbed and enslaved by our own out of control government. Do you know when they say there is 2.5 trillion in the Social Security trust fund that what they really mean is that the Federal government already spent the 2.5 trillion and now the Social Security Trust is owed 2.5 trillion by the Federal government? 2.5 trillion which it doesnt have. 2.5 trillion we gave it to hold in trust to pay us in our old age. If thats not robbery, I dont know what to call it.

But thats just the start. They have put us and our children in debt to the tune of nearly $50,000 for every man woman and child in the country. Now I could forgive that, but they keep adding to it year after year. Another 1.5 trillion of debt this year and year after year into the future. Now since only 50% of the country pays Federal income tax that means that in reality a tax payer is $100,000 in debt.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Then why aren't they protesting Washington DC? There the ones that enabled Wallstreet. They didn't have any problems when President Bush was in office. All this protest on Wallstreet is doing is taking the light off obama off DC and that's where the light needs to be.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Explain that to the people that can't get jobs because of one reason or another.

Govt is not responsible for getting everyone a job and taking care of everybody's needs. That is the nanny state. This kind of govt has failed wherever it is tried. By the way, both Hitler and Mussolini tried the Totalitarian way, only Hitler was more violent and murderous. The USSR also tried this. Centralized Planning. It really means a small Elite plans everything for the masses and controls everything from that point. This is the One World Govt they have planned for us all, and they will still own the wealth while the rest labor.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

I'd be glad to! Excuses are like A**holes. Everybody has one and nobody wants to hear yours! There are plenty of jobs. They might not be the job of your dreams but they pay $$. If you can't make it in the most prosperous nation in the world then look inside yourself. It's not America. It's you!!

You don't start out at the dream job. You need a little luck and a lot of hard work to get that.

By the way, the military is always hiring!! Oh wait, that doesn't fit your lifestyle!

I'm doing fine, I'm asking you if you are willing to say that face to face to someone who can't find a function in society. Good luck with that.

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

reply to post by seabag

Govt is not responsible for getting everyone a job and taking care of everybody's needs. That is the nanny state. This kind of govt has failed wherever it is tried. By the way, both Hitler and Mussolini tried the Totalitarian way, only Hitler was more violent and murderous. The USSR also tried this. Centralized Planning. It really means a small Elite plans everything for the masses and controls everything from that point. This is the One World Govt they have planned for us all, and they will still own the wealth while the rest labor.

Well obviously government has been intertwined with the accumulation of wealth.

They tend to favor China from what I hear.
edit on 7-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

I'm doing fine, I'm asking you if you are willing to say that face to face to someone who can't find a function in society. Good luck with that.

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

reply to post by seabag

Well obviously government has been intertwined with the accumulation of wealth.

They tend to favor China from what I hear.

You would favor China too if you were running a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit and they were willing to buy your t-bills every quarter. If I were in Chinese government I would make the US President and US Congress service me each month before I bought any more debt.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

No, actually I wouldn't.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Then why aren't they protesting Washington DC?

Give them a minute. They will be. Already they are hitting Federal Reserve branches
all over the country. That's where the cancer started.
And our bought off politicians are scared and for good reason. They know now
that we know how corrupt they are. At least some of us know. Just look at how
much they are fighting amongst themselves now. They also know it's about to get a
hell of a lot worse...on their watch, while they and their cronies took bribes and used
the good old revolving door method to get rich from money they stole from the American
people. They're parasites.

BTW, this started loooonnng before Bush. This has all been done by design.
A lot of these protestors know that and they are educating the ones that don't.
Stick around here long enough and you may get educated as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Well then your country would collapse. You see if you just keep printing money and almost know one buys your debt and most of your debt is coming due over the next few years, you would be SOL. So its either favor the Chinese and pray they buy your debt, at least enough to keep you semi respectable, or watch you economy collapse because you are spending 40% more then you are taking in every year.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I agree! But it started with the Federal Reserve which is a privately held bank.
Not sure how much you know about the FED but check out this video,
it's very informative and not too long and it explains it very well.
Federal Reserve

Bottom line is things are about to get a lot worse. These people are not
going to stop stealing. They have not been held accountable. Why should
they stop? Besides, they are addicted...

The protestors are not your enemy. They are just like you and me. They are
trying to do something to make these thieves accountable.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

Well then your country would collapse. You see if you just keep printing money and almost know one buys your debt and most of your debt is coming due over the next few years, you would be SOL. So its either favor the Chinese and pray they buy your debt, at least enough to keep you semi respectable, or watch you economy collapse because you are spending 40% more then you are taking in every year.

I never suggested any of those things.

Turns out "my country" is the powerful military force on Earth, ain't that something?

Yet here we are, us Americans, trying to resolve things peacefully.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
double post

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join