It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99%? Who wants to be a part of the 100%?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

That's a good one. More proof that the bible is more about controlling people than any sort of religion.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Personally I think it's more like .000001% that we're speaking of.

It's like the criminal element in any group of people. It's never the majority. Most people in general, regardless of income level/social strata, are good people. I'm all for arresting, prosecuting and putting away real criminals. Not condemning wealth for the sake of it.

It's evil rich bankers now, tomorrow it'll be evil rich millionaires. The day after that? Anyone making over 100K.

This is not going to go away.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

Religion is about controlling people.

God didn't give us religion, it gave us reason.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Actually many of the haves....the ones even smaller than Gates, left a long time ago....one of my previous employers was one of them....

Reason he left...he saw ALL of this coming in the early 90's and got his family out of here while his hard earned money was still worth something...Don't think JUST the evil rich will flea...the truly smart peeps are already gone, have dual citizenships in other countries

Nothing evil about refusing to walk off a cliff with the rest of the lemmings......and they feel grateful they don't have to try to raise their children in the middle of our downfall, that's what they chose to do with their money...it's one of the reasons the economy is stagnated so badly

MANY people that use to conduct business here called bull# and left

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Maybe not luck but it wasn't hard work either.

He bought a 86-DOS license for $25,000 and Tim Parterson did the actual work of porting it to the IBM PC. He licenced the new DOS to IBM but kept the right to sell to other parties.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Maybe not luck but it wasn't hard work either.

He bought a 86-DOS license for $25,000 and Tim Parterson did the actual work of porting it to the IBM PC. He licenced the new DOS to IBM but kept the right to sell to other parties.

Indeed, it was a smart move.

I guess being intelligent and getting rich because of it must be evil as well.

link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by Cinaed

I wonder how honest Bill Gates is about anything. Do you really make all that money, and then have the guts to admit that it was luck? No way, no one is ever lucky. Admission that luck had something to do with it, makes them feel inferior, and look less perfect. When you have that much money, you buy perfection.

Bill Gates did attend Harvard, but he dropped out. He is very intelligent though. He used his intelligence to develop the code. He orignally worked for IBM and he ended up with most of that code for his own use. Jobs was his partner then. They split up later. They started their own business. I will not say that he is honest. What I have read is that he ummm managed to wrest away the code, but then he wrote it sooooo it was a matter of intellectual rights.
The problem I have with Gates, is that he profited heavily by licensing of his product in a way that forces people to keep up with all the licensing. But the govt filed their lawsuit against him because of monopolistic tendencies. China, interestingly, likes Linux because you can download the kernal for free. (Who woulda thought communist chinese would love free stuff huh)
But what really gets me about Gates is his love of using vaccines as a method of depopulation. He is a member of the Club of Rome, and thus is in the NWO "In" crowd. The Club of Rome is behind the UN Agenda 21 "Sustainability" program,and its amazing to see all the tree huggers go for that when all it is is a culling of most of the population who are NOT of the 1 %.

link   
reply to post by projectvxn

SO TRUE!! Man gave us Religion, not God

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with what he did but don't say he worked hard because he didn't.

That is the problem with the OP. It insinuates that if you haven't made it big it's because you have not worked hard.

You say you had a shop and it didn't work out. Was it because you didn't work hard? I would think that other reasons were involved. The same must be true for those that have made it big.

edit on 8-10-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal

That's a good one. More proof that the bible is more about controlling people than any sort of religion.

You fail to see the whole point. Instead you are just now engaging is dismissing religion instead of getting the point made of taking responsibility for your own life rather than demanding the State rob peter to pay for your student loan.

link   

I said in a previous post I can't stand him. But he certainly put in the time to what he was doing...that's my point. Luck exists but I maintain the luck to hrs invested ratio is pretty interesting

And you know, as much as people's heads explode when you mention God or the Bible...

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God Matthew 19:24 (words of Jesus Christ)

Just sayin
edit on 10/8/11 by Cinaed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed

I said in a previous post I can't stand him. But he certainly put in the time to what he was doing...that's my point. Luck exists but I maintain the luck to hrs invested ratio is pretty interesting

And you know, as much as people's heads explode when you mention God or the Bible...

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God Matthew 19:24

Just sayin

Yes, thanks!

Gates was a self made man. That is one point here. What he did with that is another issue.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

WE cant be 100% without the one percent.
Its still us vs them.
your a fool

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They are the gimme-gimme-gimme crowd

Would there exist such a crowd, if there did not exist a take-take-take crowd i wonder?

There is a creation mechanism at work here, it's a subtle, creeping acknowledgement by the 99'ers of the staggering disparity in the world they inhabit. It's a slow social realisation, borne out of many factors too numerous to pin down and relate in a short forum reply, but to sum it up it can be thought of this way:

The Gimmie's are beginning to collectively wake up to one simple, and rather sobering fact.
Life is not going to last forever, and it's considerably shorter than most imagined, and it's percieved value seems to be dropping daily.

If the 'gimme's' weren't continually pee'd on from the takers, there'd obviously be no need for this thread, but also no need for division based on those who experience opulent luxury, life opportunities for themselves and automatic privileges for their lineage and heirs, while those in the overwhelming majority, who essentially enable those life enhancing facets for the overwhelming minority, do not experience it themselves and neither do their heirs.

There is a rather simple solution to at least part of the problem.

Pass a law that limits an individual to personal wealth including assets, not to exceed a certain threshold.

Any wealth accumulated beyond that figure would be liable to immediate taxation of 70%, with the remaining 30% to be redistributed among the most deprived areas in the country, and spent on social inspiration programmes for the young, education, and healthcare.

I think a more than adequate amount to cap personal wealth and assets would be around the $10 Million figure.

Corporations would have similar rules imposed, although the figures would obviously be different depending on the amount of shareholders, and how much work they did in the community and for the peoples benefit.

If they decided to pack up and move abroad, an 'exit' tax of 70% of the corporations' profit over the last 10 fiscal years would become immediately payable, or forfeiture of all business assets and holdings residing in the country for the last 10 years should they decline. Deliberately attempting to evade these taxes would be punishable by lengthy prison terms, for the upper echelons of a corporation and it's major shareholders.

I think that would even the odds a little...and go a long way to ending the economic division in the country.

Now, all we need is someone with the balls to enact it or something that looks like it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Agreed! Perhaps Jobs is a better example but I don't know that much about him beyond what you already posted...

The deception going on and the attitude of *its all someone elses fault* is just getting creepy!

Roseanne Barr even wants to be Prime Minister and behead any evil rich who aren't willing to surrender everything they own above a hundred mil.....re education camps for the ones that do

*slaps her forehead*

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You see, this is exactly why I do not support the OWS crowd, because they are for wealth redistribution, which is what you are spouting here. Tax the wealthy so that the poor can have more. Like Michelle's pie analogy...let us give our pie so others can have more.
It is nothing less than outrageous what you are saying. It is Totalitarianism at its most outrageous. Making laws that you cannot make over an arbitrary amount some BOZO at the top decides? Or some communist BOZO wall street occupier?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wow, I wish I could live in your fantasy world!!! What you are saying reminds me of slavery...Should the slaves have been happy because their masters provided them with a roof over their head, or food in their bellies? I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed

Agreed! Perhaps Jobs is a better example but I don't know that much about him beyond what you already posted...

The deception going on and the attitude of *its all someone elses fault* is just getting creepy!

Roseanne Barr even wants to be Prime Minister and behead any evil rich who aren't willing to surrender everything they own above a hundred mil.....re education camps for the ones that do

*slaps her forehead*

Lol at Roseanne Barr! Maybe her prior incarnation was in the mob who put Marie Antoninette's head in the guillotine. People tend to repeat history.
edit on 8-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Who would impose all these fair rules..well....fairly?? wouldn't the new haves simply do what you are all complaining about and trample the rights of the brand new recent...apparently imprisioned have nots?

Don't misunderstand...I think we should put all the crooks in jail....even the poor ones frauding the system...ALL the crooks, not just the rich. We USE to be a nation of the rule of law....

WE are the ones that let them keep changing the laws to stack the deck... We are ALL to blame, not just the rich

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It's one big arsed distraction tool meant to keep people divided upon lines of faith all to prevent people from uniting and coming together against TPTB and the banks!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join