It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I don't think I could eat something that cute.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Absolutely, as most true heroes have said, "I was just doing what needed to be done."

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

All it takes is 2 feet of moving water to move an SUV whereever the water wants it to go.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Excellent points. If you research most temperate nomadic and semi-nomadic tribes you will find a very similar social structure. They tended to consist of, at most, a few hundred individuals the most of whom spent their time roving, hunting and gathering for themselves and the children, young mothers, and tribal elders that stayed and maintained the few permanent or semi-permanent villages.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I think the perfect name would be Grace, after all, it was her idea and we mostly seem to like it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Hey now, I use the cold creek and the cattails. I keep clean.

FYI, if you smash cattail roots between 2 rocks you get a thick liquid that does a pretty good job of washing the grime off and makes a really good shampoo.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I think a small settlement could work, if and i repeat a big if you have access to clean water and food, and have like minded people who are all willing to work for the betterment of the group. The nomadic life style could possibly be preferable but has its own draw backs as well. Most people in America anyways (can't speak for the rest of the world as i do not know) are not cut out for the nomadic life style and you leave yourself open for ambush. Most nomadic tribes have a set routine and rout that they follow as the year progresses. While this works it also makes them predictable and when resources are on the line people of the less then reputable breed will catch onto this and do there best to make short work of your group to collect what you have worked for. In a SHTF scenario there is no best option, just the option that you fit best to, just keep that in mind cause when the SHTF in real life you will have to choose what type of lifestyle fits you, your family and your location best.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63

Hey now, I use the cold creek and the cattails. I keep clean.

FYI, if you smash cattail roots between 2 rocks you get a thick liquid that does a pretty good job of washing the grime off and makes a really good shampoo.

FYI, if you have a creek full of cattails, you can survive for a very very long time.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I've been known to use handfuls of sand off the river bottom to scrub up with. It doesn't do much for the hair, though, and I'll tell you right now that it's not for the squeamish or the tender!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by jimekus

I wonder if the world needs the banker as a "whipping boy", in the way you describe, or, because it is obvious that lacking a sense of humour prevents one from appreciating my witless sarcasm, should I replace the word banker with jew for a more historical perspective?

Not to mention that the new, gentler, kinder sort of banker mentioned here, who makes coinage out of cow hides, will find that coinage a lot easier to eat than the old-style bankers, who insisted on gold coins!

You're forgetting the role of the gold swallower as he attempts to abscond from one world to another. Inevitably, his guts get ripped open by his surviving hyena scavengers and his wealth is redistributed back into his tribe as yet another Masada myth.

On the contrary, in an age when desktop fabricators will be able to recreate computers, the role of money will be seen as the Kikester product that caused all our trouble. Consequently my sarcastic ambivalence toward the Kikester indicates that I would never want to be rid of him and yet keep his means of predation.

An Internet will survive any catastrophe. This is only because a people's Internet derived A.I. will cater to our creative needs by linking the non-inflationary neural networks of the reasoning behind all transactions. Think of the future as a static electricity model for economics, largely based on the work of Nicola Tesla.

That is what I bring now; - the culmination of my forty years in AI and the giants that went before me.

You can come in.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You can come in.

I'm betting not.

It's a truly beautiful rainbows-and-skittle-crappin' unicorn world you constructed there, but I'm pretty sure that I for one don't want any part of it.

The "gold" I was thinking more about was the molten gold poured down the gullets of European Conqustadors by irritated Andean Indians who had them pinned down, asking "how does that gold taste now, which you had such an appetite for yesterday?"

Can't eat gold, can't eat desktop "replicators" and you can't eat AI. For all it's speed and efficiency at thinking, no AI will ever be able to match an NI for intuitive leaps.

"Kikesters"? Nope. You can carry that Aryan Nations crap right on past the gate. Pity too, because the likes of you would have likely been a lot safer inside the "civilized" places that they will be out here in the wild with us uncivilized folk.

It's an ugly world out here, and worrying too much over racial issues doesn't leave one enough time to worry over truly important things - like how to keep from getting his own ass skinned.

edit on 2011/10/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
We built a pizza/bread oven this summer in the backyard at our sons house.

It's a rock and paver stone dome design lined with refractory stone, he got the plans off the net after going to a party at a friends who had one. The mixed up 20 pounds or pizza dough and had all the toppings set out so people could make their own, said it was the best pizza he ever ate and started plans for his the next day.

Any camp of size would need a few of them.

We seasoned it with cheap store bought bread dough that we were going to just leave out for the critters, but it was so good we kept it and ate it.

Been playing around with whole grain recipes and now he wants his own grist stone so he can make stone ground flour.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I've been known to use handfuls of sand off the river bottom to scrub up with. It doesn't do much for the hair, though, and I'll tell you right now that it's not for the squeamish or the tender!

Or get some soaproot, its a nice herbal soap, but it is pretty hard to find in some areas.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

did i also mention i can make a still? Not only good for producing alcohol (which can also be used as a fuel for gasoline engines). you can also distill water with a still.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
reply to post by spw184

did i also mention i can make a still? Not only good for producing alcohol (which can also be used as a fuel for gasoline engines). you can also distill water with a still.

._. everyone here can make a still lol. (or at least think they can, I expect 50% of them can't)

The only thing I know how to make that is booze is wine.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You can come in.

I'm betting not.

It's a truly beautiful rainbows-and-skittle-crappin' unicorn world you constructed there, but I'm pretty sure that I for one don't want any part of it.

Neothtu, I've enjoyed all your posts on this thread but none so much as this one.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I think it is more like 90%.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

can't eat desktop "replicators" and you can't eat AI.

Why eat the replicators that feed you? You lost me. Bye.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well, if you don't let me in, I'm gonna take my Budweiser semi and huge arsenal elsewhere!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

can't eat desktop "replicators" and you can't eat AI.

Why eat the replicators that feed you? You lost me. Bye.

Because replicators you depend upon to feed you can also starve you by withholding. That's like the ULTIMATE in "gimmegimmegimme 'cause I can't do for myself".

Bye. Don't let that gate bump your fanny.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join