It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by jimekus

You can come in.

I'm betting not.

It's a truly beautiful rainbows-and-skittle-crappin' unicorn world you constructed there, but I'm pretty sure that I for one don't want any part of it.

edit on 2011/10/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Neothtu, I've enjoyed all your posts on this thread but none so much as this one.

I get impatient sometimes.

I especially lack patience for folks who just know that someone else is bad/inferior/evil/fill in the negative blank because of where their ancestors resided.

Add on top of that a supreme faith in machinery to save the day and keep you up once you get rid of those "undesirables", well, my patience just goes all to pieces.

I could have made it shorter just by saying "Whatever you say, Jack. You're the Master Race!"

Fact is, down in the trenches, you're not gonna care about skin tones, what god someone subscribes to or rejects, or who they date in their off time. All you're gonna care about is whether they have your back when it needs guarding.

And to me, that's the bottom line.

edit on 2011/10/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9
Well, if you don't let me in, I'm gonna take my Budweiser semi and huge arsenal elsewhere!!!

I hope you didn't displace any of the Bud to make room for the arsenal! That would just be wrong on so many levels!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

You can come in.

I'm betting not.

It's a truly beautiful rainbows-and-skittle-crappin' unicorn world you constructed there, but I'm pretty sure that I for one don't want any part of it.

Thank you, you put that far better than I was thinking and with far fewer cuss words then came to my mind.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by spw184

I think it is more like 90%.

Well i dont want to be judging people if I dont know them! For all I know they could all be brewers or stillers IRL.

I know i know HOW to make a still, but im also pretty sure that it would BLOW THE F***** UP.

But i can make wine

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63

You can come in.

I'm betting not.

Thank you, you put that far better than I was thinking and with far fewer cuss words then came to my mind.

It's true nenothtu has an elegant way with words, he summed up what i think a lot of us were thinking without getting in trouble like a lot of us would have.

When the SHTF if your lucky enough to have some one there with you who is willing to help keep you safe what does it matter there personal beliefs, race, shoe size, or weather or not the stand or sit to pee? Cover is cover the only person i wont trust is some one who is preoccupied with those things. There will be to many dangers out there to worry about those type of things in my opinion anyways.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21

Originally posted by gamesmaster63

You can come in.

I'm betting not.

It's true nenothtu has an elegant way with words, he summed up what i think a lot of us were thinking without getting in trouble like a lot of us would have.

When the SHTF if your lucky enough to have some one there with you who is willing to help keep you safe what does it matter there personal beliefs, race, shoe size, or weather or not the stand or sit to pee? Cover is cover the only person i wont trust is some one who is preoccupied with those things. There will be to many dangers out there to worry about those type of things in my opinion anyways.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe

Im confused, what exactly are we talking about?

Completely unrelated: Look at my new avatar

edit on 14-10-2011 by spw184 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

I noticed it as soon as I rolled up this morning. I recall that seeing that pose - you're getting ready to blow something up there, aren't you?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

I noticed it as soon as I rolled up this morning. I recall that seeing that pose - you're getting ready to blow something up there, aren't you?

Yes, yes I am.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressureThe gatekeeper says, "We're a small, self-governed, self-sustained community, and we must be selective about accepting new members. You can stay here if you can contribute to our community in some meaningful way. Tell me one to three useful abilities, skills, or attributes that you can offer us."

What is your answer?

What if someone's only answer is: "I know how to bullsh!t you into believing I have 1 to 3 useful abilities, skills, or attributes"? It's not like you can check their resume or do a background check. It would be better to devise a series of tests for a stranger to do to prove their worth to the group. Testing for loyalty and the ability to lie (or lack of ability) would probably be worth more than any.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
what if the answer was ,"you have 24hrs to surrender ,else your camp will be taken with superior force.."

just wondering ,

my answer would be" isnt being human enough?"

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
what if the answer was ,"you have 24hrs to surrender ,else your camp will be taken with superior force.."

just wondering ,

my answer would be" isnt being human enough?"

Yes, Gambon. If you had read a couple of pages back you would have seen that -- although the exercise was fun -- I decided in the end that EVERYONE is welcome. And since we're all likely to die soon in the proposed hypothetical situation anyway, I turned it into a big party.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
very decent of you ...heehee thanks for that

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My favorite thing to imagine about the apocalyptic future is having an excuse to take my bike everywhere. I actually think not having cars would make for an interesting time, at least in warmer weather months.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
First off to Sarra1833: That was the stupidest thing to offer I have ever heard. Let me be blunt, in this type of "Mad Max" environment, if your a woman, then really you only have one thing to offer, and ill let you figure out what that is. When mankind is reversed back into the dark ages once again, thats when men will once again have the respect they earned since the beginning of time, none of this women are as capable of men bs that goes on today since men have fought and died to earn women (among other things) the freedom to think like that. In those days, women will realize they need men.

Anyways, here are a few things i'd offer:

Religion - I would just make something up and see if that takes me anywhere. This encompasses superstition, or false bs about knowing something about the aliens, zombies, or whatever caused this armageddon (it worked for the postmaster)

Tax and government - I would introduce taxes and government and immediately say they are owed to me. And also I would enforce that this establishment needs to provide welfare for the lazy people who do not have skills yet managed to get in. Because if you dont have welfare, then you dont have people to vote for you in the next election, and generally bring down your society as a whole, both economically and morally

Health inspector - I would go in and say this place needs to be inspected and will surely be fined once I report it. I would then express how unfortunate that if something were to happen to me, this fine will never be owed.

Comedian - If the last two didnt make that obvious.

and lastly, Human Resources - Because when people are turned down for not having any skills, they might want to lodge a complain to somebody.

and just one more, Hot Dog Polisher - Theres going to be alot of hot dogs in there that will need some polishing, and desperation makes a man do things. "Hey man wanna buy some cheeeeez burgers?!"

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

My group would more than likely stay peaceful with your group, unless you had something we needed. Then we would more than likely stick with the old mission of the Infantry: Destroy the enemy by means of fire and maneuver.

Most likely try to trade for supplies and continue with the pre determined route. (But realize that we maintain a superior defensive position

29INFDIV

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GeoSorosReptilian

Mr. Presidnet please get back to work and stop hanging out in chat rooms and websites.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I'm the least threatening looking diversionary tactic,an excellent social engineer,and I'm looking for weaknesses.
Thanks for engaging me in this conversation
(looks REALLY innocent and sincere)

edit on 4-11-2011 by The Utopian Penguin because: I'm already on my way out lol

edit on 4-11-2011 by The Utopian Penguin because: I just want to see who was still standing

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I could be the social analyst. I'm a very good listener and im very well versed in reading human emotions. I would use my morals and loyalty to create a bond between the settlers, and kick out all the sociopaths. Then i would promote the use of the divine art of LOVE, creating a more cohesive link between the settlers. But hey, alot goes out the window when it gets that bad.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

If you are what you say you are, you can either have a VERY positive effect on the settlers, or tear them apart internally from under their noses.......scary.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ok, here's why you should let me and my family in..

I'm a nice guy.
My wife's a nice lady.
My two boys are nice kids.

You want a nice society don't you?

On top of that..

We are fit and healthy, i am (very) fertile, important in repopulating of course.
My boys are intelligent and caring.

I have a very green thumb, and can grow just about anything i set my hand to...it's a handy skill when food and medicine is a concern.

I have Army training, can handle weapons, survival training and i'm prepared and able to shoot if i have to shoot to defend my own or the community.

I am practical, can build housing, wire electrics, plumbing, carpentry etc. Could even produce the bricks and blocks from scratch if required.

I'm a great cook. I can make meagre and boring foods go further and taste great. Been cooking for my family for nearly a quarter of a century, so know what i'm doing. (can even build the oven using traditional or Solar techniques for oven building)

I'm into alternative energy. I can generate HHO / Browns gas for the community, i can build small scale wind turbines and generators, and reflective Solar water heaters / purifiers.

My wife was psychiatric nurse, handy in a SHTF situation, lot's of people in your community will have mental problems following the shock, and depression and hopelessness will be debilitating.

Do we get in or are we sent packing?

(and i have a BOB too)

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53 >>

join