It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God hates all you gays (misconception)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There is a large hate and fear of homosexuals. Funny really, because truly those who fear have little understanding, and are uneducated in the culture and lifestyle of others. This is true for race, ethnicity, beliefs and orientation. There is a large amount of hate towards gays in many christiandom. I being a christian (although a very different christian) can forcefully claim that this is a dangerous wrong approach to different lifestyle.

Let me begin with this example. God made you, whoever you are you are of God. Birthed into homosexuality or not it is either a choice of genetic. I believe it is both. You are who you are and He loves you. Spirituality does not dictate lifestyle choices and those who are homosexuality should not frown onto Christianity. My advice, go to church (not everyday, maybe once a month).

Proof? Here is my proof. Jesus did not mention one thing about homosexualism. The only person who did was paul and he was human. In all the gospels Jesus did not mention a thing about homosexuality. Were paying attention to the newtestament here.

Obviously, being gay isn't as important as what Jesus did for all of us.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is some referance to Jesus sexuality. Although, I am not concentrating on His sexuality. This is not what this thread is about. This thread shows how much Love is. Ultimately Love is the key factor in Jesus and although Jesus loves so intensely, this may even seem "floaty" to some. Jesus has an unbounded Love.

His love towards John apostle is also spoken throughout the NT. Although, John, pictured very fem looking may even have a stronger message than those who know. John the apostle may have been depicted as gay as well.

Also you have the secret book of mark.
en.wikipedia.org...
A young man depicted in linean and naked has contact with Jesus and is taught the knowledge of heaven. Only fragments of this gospel survived from other Church fathers in letters. the original probably burned and destroyed. I must add, this may look suspicious when first reading this book, but I assure it is all innocent if you study it the way I do. This is open to interpretation

So ultimately, we have heretical books that speaks openly to those in modern times!

edit on 7-10-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
God and homosexuality.. you just opened a can of worms buddy..

to stay true to yourself you should live your life how you choose, regardless of public opinion. and if there is a god or an afterlife.. you have been told the risks, you will have to pay the consequences.

personally i dont really care what other people do.. each to their own is what i say.. (as long as it doesnt directly affect someone else)

btw i like the second quote in your signature..

edit on 7/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

so we should believe in god..
but not believe in the bible? which happens to be the only 'proof' you offer of your religion
tell me why one verse in the bible is relevant but another one isnt?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I am not religious, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that homo-sexuality is wrong from a religious standpoint. I have nothing against homo-sexuality, but it's irritating to keep seeing homo-sexuals claiming to be men of god. NEWSFLASH... god hates gays. It's in the bible. Their own scriptures say so.

Why do these threads keep popping up anyways? The gay agenda is in full force on ATS.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think the OP was a really nice sentiment and I agree wholeheartedly that no person should be hated. That being said, scripture indicates that homosexuality is a sin- just as it indicates stealing, murder, and adultery are sins. Should we hate all these people as well? I say no. A huge problem is the hypocrites in organized religion are usually the ones brow beating these people the most.

I believe that if you are an adherent to a religion that outlines these acts as sins then you should try first to be an example before trying to save the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

but not believe in the bible? which happens to be the only 'proof' you offer of your religion

Paul isn't the entire bible... Paul is the only person who mentions against homosexuality. Also, the catholic church is founded on the pauline christianity. Paul theology is brillant about Christ. But paul is a man ultimately. and there were a lot of hate towards different factions in the time of the bible. Judo-christians were the 12 apostle lineage

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Gay agenda? Anywho I open up a dialogue and believe my stance is optimistic rather than pessimistic

link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Paul isn't the entire bible... Paul is the only person who mentions against homosexuality. Also, the catholic church is founded on the pauline christianity. Paul theology is brillant about Christ. But paul is a man ultimately. and there were a lot of hate towards different factions in the time of the bible. Judo-christians were the 12 apostle lineage

i dont think you understand your religion
please think about things for yourself

link   

I have to disagree on two counts here. The catholic church traces it's roots to Peter (the first pope) and Jesus was a man as well as Paul

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

I have to disagree on two counts here. The catholic church traces it's roots to Peter (the first pope) and Jesus was a man as well as Paul

Yes but the theology and basis of the study is more Paul. I disagree with you cause I am also catholic. My aunt is a priestess (which doesn't get you far in catholic lol). She has studied and taking class for years. Peter is the first pope, but the theology is based on The pauline belief. You are just misinformed. Jesus wasn't a man. and this is why this is under religion and faith

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The fact that some people believe that "God hates" anything... is a sad reminder that humanity has lost contact and nearly all remembrance of Who God Is.

The hate that you think fills God is merely a reflection of the hatred and hurt you feel within yourself. God is not Human. God has no ego. God is Love. Pure Love, consciousness and awareness.

When we remember that God does not hate; when we remember that it is okay to feel humble in the presence of God and to acknowledge God's Power; when we remember what all of this means... that is when humanity will wake up, shake off the dirt, pick up their brother, and reclaim our lives.

God bless and keep looking.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
>SNIP

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

There is no way that the Catholic church is based on Pauline theology of salvation by grace and not of works. The first split in early Christianity was between Peter and Paul's theologies. Peter like the Catholic church incorporate works into the salvation equation whereas Paul said faith is sufficient. I assure you I am not misinformed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The fact that some people believe that "God hates" anything... is a sad reminder that humanity has lost contact and nearly all remembrance of Who God Is.

The hate that you think fills God is merely a reflection of the hatred and hurt you feel within yourself. God is not Human. God has no ego. God is Love. Pure Love, consciousness and awareness.

When we remember that God does not hate; when we remember that it is okay to feel humble in the presence of God and to acknowledge God's Power; when we remember what all of this means... that is when humanity will wake up, shake off the dirt, pick up their brother, and reclaim our lives.

God bless and keep looking.

\

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

There is no way that the Catholic church is based on Pauline theology of salvation by grace and not of works. The first split in early Christianity was between Peter and Paul's theologies. Peter like the Catholic church incorporate works into the salvation equation whereas Paul said faith is sufficient. I assure you I am not misinformed.

You are. Because the belief of Christ and his proof of being of God is all pauline theology. Hebrews, Chrointh. Catholics claim that work is not effecient but faith alone. that being said Paul

Tom O'Golo explains that Paul added several key elements to Christian theology that weren't evident in Jesuism. These included:

1. Original sin Catholic
2. Making the Jews the villains Old catholic
3. Making Jesus divine Catholic
4. Transubstantiation of bread and wine to actual flesh and blood Hyper catholic
5. Jesus' death being seen as atonement for human sin Catholic
6. Making Jesus the Messiah Catholic
7. Shifting the emphasis from an earthly to a heavenly kingdom Catholic
8. Enlarging the chosen people to include anyone that accepted Jesus as Saviour Catholic
9. Making salvation a matter of belief in Jesus almost regardless of the demands of the Torah Catholic
10. Establishing a hierarchy (literally a holy order) to create and control a Church and more importantly to create and control the beliefs of its membership. Catholic[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

Peter and paul were also enemies. Paul was very unsure of peter and challenged him many times. This is also in corinth. They were competing

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Yeah? Any proof for that untruthful statement? Hate and hurt I feel within myself?

I can just as easily say you seek god due to an unhappy childhood and daddy issues you still possess to this very day. How does it feel to be past the age of 4 and still have an imaginary friend? Easter bunny just texted... Brb.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

What bars do you hang out in that men flash their penises in strangers' faces? Maybe time to find a new watering hole.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A quick google search brought this up.

Leviticus

I don't care what people do in their house. Not my business.

I'll play devils advocate. You started the thread saying because God created them it must be ok. The argument against that is there are lots of mutations and lots of humans/animals that are born with deformities and other things that aren't normal. Not only that, but a race of homosexuals can't reproduce naturally can they?

I think your assumption of gays being born that way is false also. I know gay people who have blatantly said they are gay by choice. I think some are by choice and some think they were born that way.

I'm assuming you are because you brought up this thread, would you put yourself in the born that way, or choice category?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
A quick google search brought this up.

Leviticus

I don't care what people do in their house. Not my business.

I'll play devils advocate. You started the thread saying because God created them it must be ok. The argument against that is there are lots of mutations and lots of humans/animals that are born with deformities and other things that aren't normal. Not only that, but a race of homosexuals can't reproduce naturally can they?

I think your assumption of gays being born that way is false also. I know gay people who have blatantly said they are gay by choice. I think some are by choice and some think they were born that way.

I'm assuming you are because you brought up this thread, would you put yourself in the born that way, or choice category?

No I am straight. Still the discussion continues. and I am discussing my NT point of view. No OT in here.

Also I find this very bias and hyper oppionated. Many of you haven't even looked through my sources, read the "secret gospel of mark". all of you are on Rant mode. Highly doubtful any of you really care to deliberate on my research. Bias and self opinionated.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join