It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God hates all you gays (misconception)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So let me get this straight........

You first believe in invisible beings watching your every move on this one single planet out of trillions of galaxies. yeahhhhh..sure...

Then you believe it is Okay to explore the human sewage pipe and you actually think that sounds like fun...Playing with the human sewage system, that's just disgusting.....

What is wrong with you people?

Liberals have mental disorders.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Very interesting and heated comments. Did not think ats members would be barging in here. Thought this was BTS stuff

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
So let me get this straight........

You first believe in invisible beings watching your every move on this one single planet out of trillions of galaxies. yeahhhhh..sure...

Then you believe it is Okay to explore the human sewage pipe and you actually think that sounds like fun...Playing with the human sewage system, that's just disgusting.....

What is wrong with you people?

Liberals have mental disorders.

Uh huh, this is belief relgion board, not ats material.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm not trying to be two sided. But being a man, having the thought of male homosexuality really makes me sick. Not that I agree with lesbianism, but it bothers me a little less. It should not be this way, so maybe im a little biased. Just the thought of a man having sex with another man is about as low as dog poop! So to all the prison rapists and drug uses who burnt there brain using too much coke keep it up your day in coming!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
starting to sound like nazi germany in here. I can hear the marching

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... this is how I feel

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Maybe God hate you for posting under his name after all he created them

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Proof? Here is my proof. Jesus did not mention one thing about homosexualism. The only person who did was paul and he was human. In all the gospels Jesus did not mention a thing about homosexuality. Were paying attention to the newtestament here.

That does not mean that Jesus condoned homosexuality. In fact Jesus was against sexual immorality and homosexuality falls under that decree, as does fornication and adultery and beastiality. Remember, Jesus was a jew and he came not to do away with the Old Law, but to fulfill it. Don't you go decieving people with lies. The NT wasn't even written until after the apostles had all died. The apostles didn't go by the new testament, they went by the only law jews knew which was the Torah and later installments of the OT bible. In fact God says that homosexuals are to be put to death and since Jesus is God in the flesh that right there tells you how he felt about the matter. Granted Jesus would forgive them but he would say "Go, and sin no more", meaning for them to stop their sexual immoralities and never do them again.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodcausailor
I'm not trying to be two sided. But being a man, having the thought of male homosexuality really makes me sick. Not that I agree with lesbianism, but it bothers me a little less. It should not be this way, so maybe im a little biased. Just the thought of a man having sex with another man is about as low as dog poop! So to all the prison rapists and drug uses who burnt there brain using too much coke keep it up your day in coming!

I rebuke you in the name of Jesus! You are not to lord it over on our lost brothers nor judge them! You should not be so quick to revel and delight in their destruction or you are as wickid as they! No true follower of Christ would ever laugh about that, but be sorrowed and saddened instead! You don't know what spirit you are of. It is a grievance that we should lose any and it should break your heart!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Further, by contrast one of the common features of Protestant churches, certainly in English-speaking countries and those influenced by the reformers Martin Luther and John Calvin, is their use of formulations other than the ancient Creeds, such as the Westminster Confession of Faith, in which Pauline formulations play a much greater part. Ideas such as justification by faith, which, though not absent from Catholic formulations, play a much more central role in Protestant thinking, where they are considered fundamental Christian truths and essential for defining the Gospel.[2

Read a bit further in your wikipedia source.

The Petrine Doctrine is based upon Catholic tradition, which proclaims the legitimacy and supremacy of the Pope over all other bishops of the Catholic Church. This Doctrine is founded upon the book of Matthew in the Bible. Matthew 16: 18-19 states: "18 And I say unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of Heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven." These verses tell of Jesus's proclamation that Peter, and thus his successors, shall be the head of the Church as the sole custodians of the Christian faith.

Vatican Council I defined the primacy of the bishop of Rome over the whole Catholic Church as an essential institution of the Church that can never be relinquished. This primacy is thus crucial to the understanding of the church from a Catholic viewpoint. At the same time, the history of papal primacy has always been imperfect and much-debated.[1]
edit on 7-10-2011 by micmerci because: added Petrine from your source

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
starting to sound like nazi germany in here. I can hear the marching

yeah sorry about that. It's been a long week and I had my grumpy pants on earlier this morning. You had good intentions about a controversial subject. I guess it didn't go how you wished.

Lots of different reasons why different people reach different opinions on this. In this current society, religion does not mix very well with with many aspects of our daily lives. And the confusing views in different parts of of the bible does not make the topic any easier to agree on. I find it ironic that most of the people (I said most, not all) who are bigoted against homo-sexuality are the God fearing crowd who preach forgivness.

I'm glad I don't have religion to complicate things because things are tough enough ad it is. Moral of the story... Nothing wrong with being gay. Just don't put your junk in my face bro

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

To judge or not to judge? I say if it quacks but swims backward it's still a duck. I wasn't condemning anyone, mearly stating the facts. My days of sugar coating are over. I rebuke myself for far worse things than you could ever imagine. But, I haven't ever stooped low enough to service another man. Homosexuality ranks right behind murder and equal with adultry, in my book. There is hope for all of us, even me......

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by eleven44

The hate that you think fills God is merely a reflection of the hatred and hurt you feel within yourself. God is not Human. God has no ego. God is Love. Pure Love, consciousness and awareness.

Yeah? Any proof for that untruthful statement? Hate and hurt I feel within myself?

I can just as easily say you seek god due to an unhappy childhood and daddy issues you still possess to this very day. How does it feel to be past the age of 4 and still have an imaginary friend? Easter bunny just texted... Brb.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

By no means was I trying to attack you.
But, if you want 'proof,' just re-read look at your response to me: it is filled with anger, annoyance, condescendence , and judgment. You were not even able to respond to me in a mature manner. You immediately resorted to chide remarks.

We all have hurt and and hatred in us. We have all felt un-Loved. We have all had pain. It is no weakness to admit this.

I haven't always believed in God, nor do I attach myself to any Religious Institution. God is within. God is the void. God is nature. God is breath. God is life. God is energy. God is vibration. God is everything.

And, thank you for your concern, but I had a fantastic childhood and I love my father very much, he has been one of my biggest role models.

Again, I do not know why you took my comment so personal (actually...I do...it goes back to that 'hurt' thing) but really, it was not an attack. Anyone who attaches humanistic creations/attributes such as hatred or anger to God, as though God could create something he now Hates, does not understand God. Plain and simple.

I didn't understand God for a long time. I thought he would judge me or hate me for my sins (sins = anything you do that you know in your heart is not for your highest good) but then I remembered what Love means, and the abundance of it that God has for all creations. Others are afraid God will judge them (because that is what we are taught) so we must become defensive, protecting our actions and denying that we could do anything wrong, for the last thing we need is someone else punishing us. But by having this belief, they are punishing themselves more than God ever could.

As for being above the age of 4 and having an 'imaginary friend'...it feels absolutely fantastic and I recommend you try it when you're done being angry.

Much Love.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by eleven44

The hate that you think fills God is merely a reflection of the hatred and hurt you feel within yourself. God is not Human. God has no ego. God is Love. Pure Love, consciousness and awareness.

Yeah? Any proof for that untruthful statement? Hate and hurt I feel within myself?

I can just as easily say you seek god due to an unhappy childhood and daddy issues you still possess to this very day. How does it feel to be past the age of 4 and still have an imaginary friend? Easter bunny just texted... Brb.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

By no means was I trying to attack you.
But, if you want 'proof,' just re-read your response to me: it is filled with anger, annoyance, condescendence , and judgment. You were not even able to respond to me in a mature manner. You immediately resorted to chide remarks and sarcastic rhetoric, which completely closes down all lines of productive communication.

We all have hurt and and hatred in us. We have all felt un-Loved. We have all had pain. It is no weakness to admit this.

I haven't always believed in God, nor do I attach myself to any Religious Institution. God is within. God is the void. God is nature. God is breath. God is life. God is energy. God is vibration. God is everything.

And, thank you for your concern, but I had a fantastic childhood and I love my father very much, he has been one of my biggest role models.

Again, I do not know why you took my comment so personal (actually...I do...it goes back to that 'hurt' thing) but really, it was not an attack. Anyone who attaches humanistic creations/attributes such as hatred or anger to God, as though God could create something he now Hates, does not understand God. Plain and simple.

I didn't understand God for a long time. I thought he would judge me or hate me for my sins (sins = anything you do that you know in your heart is not for your highest good) but then I remembered what Love means, and the abundance of it that God has for all creations. Others are afraid God will judge them (because that is what we are taught) so we must become defensive, protecting our actions and denying that we could do anything wrong, for the last thing we need is someone else punishing us. But by having this belief, they are punishing themselves more than God ever could.

As for being above the age of 4 and having an 'imaginary friend'...it feels absolutely fantastic and I recommend you try it when you're done being angry.

Much Love.
edit on 7-10-2011 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Proof? Here is my proof. Jesus did not mention one thing about homosexualism. The only person who did was paul and he was human. In all the gospels Jesus did not mention a thing about homosexuality. Were paying attention to the newtestament here.

That does not mean that Jesus condoned homosexuality. In fact Jesus was against sexual immorality and homosexuality falls under that decree, as does fornication and adultery and beastiality. Remember, Jesus was a jew and he came not to do away with the Old Law, but to fulfill it. Don't you go decieving people with lies. The NT wasn't even written until after the apostles had all died. The apostles didn't go by the new testament, they went by the only law jews knew which was the Torah and later installments of the OT bible. In fact God says that homosexuals are to be put to death and since Jesus is God in the flesh that right there tells you how he felt about the matter. Granted Jesus would forgive them but he would say "Go, and sin no more", meaning for them to stop their sexual immoralities and never do them again.

I'm happy that someone gets it. But I believe that the apostles did indeed wrote it. I believe all the letters were handed down through copyist.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I'm happy that someone gets it. But I believe that the apostles did indeed wrote it. I believe all the letters were handed down through copyist.

You are right the original texts were copied. Paper doesn't last very long and was hard to come by, sometimes they used sheep skin to write on because sheep were in an abundance in the region in those times. Which substance they wrote on is a mystery. I know not all of the Apostles were literate, some were illiterate so they would have had their disciples that could read and write do it for them.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You are right the original texts were copied. Paper doesn't last very long and was hard to come by, sometimes they used sheep skin to write on because sheep were in an abundance in the region in those times. Which substance they wrote on is a mystery. I know not all of the Apostles were literate, some were illiterate so they would have had their disciples that could read and write do it for them.

They had plenty of scribes on hand I am sure. That is why people believe that Peter 2 was written by someone else

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

They had plenty of scribes on hand I am sure. That is why people believe that Peter 2 was written by someone else

In the end it doesn't matter. You should be following Jesus and no one else. I have no doubt that they were Peter's words, but you have to remember there were two different Peters. There was Peter and then there was Simon Peter.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

In fact Jesus was against sexual immorality and homosexuality falls under that decree, as does fornication and adultery and beastiality.

Please explain how homosexuality is immoral? Without saying "because the bible says it is"...

Morality...
1.descriptively to refer to some codes of conduct put forward by a society or,
a.some other group, such as a religion, or
b.accepted by an individual for her own behavior or
2.normatively to refer to a code of conduct that, given specified conditions, would be put forward by all rational persons.

That might help you...

In fact God says that homosexuals are to be put to death and since Jesus is God in the flesh that right there tells you how he felt about the matter.

We've been over this many times.... The bible is a book, written by men... it is not a strict moral code to be followed in this age. We do not stone our parents or our children anymore... We do not put people to death for rediculious reasons...

Your God teaches those that understand him to love and accept others... But your bible... a book... taught you to hate others. and condem those that don't share your misguided point of view.

Your words show your knowledge of your own God...

He would be disapointed, especially since you are teaching lies about him...

edit on 7-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

In the end it doesn't matter. You should be following Jesus and no one else.

You should take your own advice... follow your God...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join