It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

demonic possesion of eastern yoga religions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
these are people with deep devotion to yoga and are trying to release the kundalini(or sleeping serpent) believed to be in their inner spine.clearly a demonic spirit was summoned and they can feel it,short clip but shows a lil bit of the other side

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST
these are people with deep devotion to yoga and are trying to release the kundalini(or sleeping serpent) believed to be in their inner spine.clearly a demonic spirit was summoned and they can feel it,short clip but shows a lil bit of the other side

www.youtube.com...

i dont speak spanish. but my understanding of raising the Kundalini requires deep meditation and a stillness of the body and mind. Seems to be the opposite of whats going on in that video.

Just my 2c

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

It would be nice to have the actual background story of what's doin with this place. I see an old video of what looks like it could be from that late 60s, 70s, or even 80s. Why were some people naked? I don't do yoga but none of that looked like yoga to me, at all. I never knew yoga incorporated tribal beats
. Were these people on drugs? There's way too many questions raised before any sane person can come to the extreme conclusion that these people are possessed by demons.

Oh I see, this video appears to be propaganda for the religious types

edit on 6-10-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
In english? Or I missed the caption button.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That footage should have a warning probably, but yeah...that's pretty freaky. I'd say yer right and that there is some spirit possession!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I've never seen this before. I thought I was going to watch a single person or at most a couple people doing this yoga but that was a really large group. And they were really messed up too. That was kind of disturbing. I was just as much bothered by the way they all bounced up and down sort of trance-like in unison before the screaming started.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is like nothing I have experienced in my yoga practice, and what I think to be an extreme example of tapas or mortification

Tapasya (tápasya) in Sanskrit means "heat". In Vedic religion and Hinduism, it is used figuratively, denoting spiritual suffering, mortification or austerity, and also the spiritual ecstasy of a yogin or tāpasá (a Vriddhi derivative meaning "a practitioner of austerities, an ascetic"). In the Rigveda, the word is connected with the Soma cult. The adjective tapasvín means "wretched, poor, miserable", but also "an ascetic, someone practicing austerities". In the yogic tradition, tapasya may be translated as "essential energy", referring to a focused effort leading towards bodily purification and spiritual enlightenment. It is one of the Niyamas (observances of self-control) described in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Tapasya implies a self-discipline or austerity willingly expended both in restraining physical urges and in actively pursuing a higher purpose in life.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now this has been taken to all kinds of extremes in the innumerable schools of practice of India, some people may be seen holding one hand in the air until it has become whithered, or others who refuse to sit for their entire life, rendering their hips fused straight... the end goal of this is all for an awakening of spiritual power by putting the body under the control of the mind by said practice. I do believe the powers obtained are rooted in an arousal of the lowest chakra/root/muldahara*sp, which is the Kundalini energy...but that by these outward austerities, it is done so by force rather than through intense inner discipline. As usual most religious practice is taken to a human extreme, the catholic church like many others has simillar practice in its history...mortification of the flesh

This does work, but from my understanding releasing this energy by force can do harm to the fine nerves of the energy body. I remeber reading in some text that forcing the kundalini energy is as wise as smacking a cobra over the head with a stick.

Demon possession is a different subject all together, which I cannot make much comment on, all I know is that people can do some bizzare things when they are put together in a group that believes it, and that is most likely all we are seeing here. To give them the benefit of the doubt, it could also be that they are succeeding in awakening the kundalini, and this shaking is the result of forcing an energy your mind simply is not prepared to handle, who am I to judge! I do know involuntary 'shakings' are mentioned in the Yoga sutras of Patanjali, I have experienced this, but nothing like those folk.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with eastern or western practices. What this has to do with is, is seeking for experiences without seeking for unconditional love and understanding. There are infinite channels and its akin to standing out under the stars asking for a sign from ET, without having a real concern for the world and the suffering here, more just out of ego.

Christ himself was very connected to within, and spoke of things that hinted eastern. But he was walking in purity, and saw through the world, and selflessness, unconditional love was the example he gave. That is the connection one must find within, in order to shine the True Light into the world, and reach into more of themselves, pushing past their own limits, with Miracles and Help.

And its not exclusive, it does not exclude or judge those of another faith.

John7 37-39

Rivers of Living Water

37On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. 38Whoever believes in me, asf the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” 39Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The title of your thread implies that you're accusing eastern religions of being possessed by demons. You wouldn't be trying to push a Christian agenda here would you?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
All Ying-Yang religions are demonic, this is nothing new.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

lol what is that supposed to mean, we are not talking about the I ching, we are talking about yoga practices. Your statement sounded like the typical "OTHER" judgement. eg. That aint my religion it MUST be demonic. am I reading too much into this?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

You hit it the head. Some posters in this thread have the mentality of it's Jesus Christ's way or the highway. So according to that guy you quoted, aliens are demons, the earth is only 6000 years old (we lived with Dinosaurs but yet it's not mentioned in his Bible) and if you're not a follower of the Bible and Christ you are wrong and are going to HELL. So sorry to all the people of India, China, Japan, North/South Korea, etc. You're all sinners and going to HELL

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Didnt watch the video, but awakening kundalini is the opposite of demonic possession, its cleansing out negative energies.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Idle hands are the devils workshop.

Idle minds are the devils workshop.

Interesting huh? If i create an empty void then what? If my void has a solid foundation in reality then what?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The only thing i can say is this.

Prove it.

I am being serious i am not trying to troll you. I know that is broad to. Not like you can really prove it. I don't personally buy into the whole kundalini thing. Sounds like magic to me. And im pretty sure those truly well versed in things occult and esoteric truly know the power of magic.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If only all these hardcore christians acted like Christ, our world would be so nice.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Idle hands are the devils workshop.

Idle minds are the devils workshop.

Interesting huh? If i create an empty void then what? If my void has a solid foundation in reality then what?

So you are basing your knowledge on an old saying? I see. Care to present proof for such speculation?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Exactly! the fact that when I grew up in the church where the belief was that we were going to heaven, and the rest of the lets say 80% of the world was wrong and going to hell was strange enough to accept. Knowing that while believing this statement, everyone could still meet on a weekly basis and live their lives out wihout being tormented by that reality stunned me even more! Now I dont mean that to judge, since I know many christians really believe this truth so much that they dedicate their lives to sharing the Good news, and thats awesome whether they are right or wrong about it. But I dont think its healthy to be so sure of anything, openness is a sign of faith, not clamming up into your system of beliefs, putting up fences and guarding yourself from the rest of the 'others'.

In my own life I never left the bible behind or chose one religion over the other, by looking into other faiths and practices I dont think I offended God, rather I think hes kinda laughing, maybe even proud at the childlike curiosity that can arise from being opened minded, its really a breath of fresh air seeing the different ways we are trying to wake up. lol cmon those people may look crazy, but they look alive!

edit: getting half naked and jumping and shaking is not my cup of tea in case I left the impression that it was haha

edit on 7-10-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Its not a saying its the wisdom of an old saying. My proof? Logical and objective reasoning skills. If there is a void something is going to fill it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
messing around with kundalini is not a good idea i'm told. this is exactly what they're doing. stuff seems to be towards going badly wrong from what i saw. tsk tsk.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join