It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

demonic possesion of eastern yoga religions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST
reply to post by Insomniac

im not here to push religion on anyone, im here to stand for my believes and and spread truth
if you are tired of people preaching to you stop clicking on threads that may seem to be religious.
the fact is we are not going nowhere until the luciferian new world order is here than we get raptured or beheded by the son of perdition(antichrist)even than we will still remain until revelation 19:11 comes to pass. either way well be in the presence of the almighty

"the heavens and the earth shall pass away but my word shall never pass"- The GOD of Abraham Isaac and Jacob

Now just a minute! You have a thread called Demonic Possesion of Eastern Yoga Religions and you've posted it in the Paranormal forum... You then tell me not to click on threads that may seem religious? THIS IS THE PARANORMAL FORUM not the Religions forum. You have no right to start a thread with the sole intention of preaching and converting people to your particular brand of subservience. If you want to discuss theology and maybe pick up a convert on the way, then choose the appropriate forum.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
I think anything can happen without the right discipline and preparation, but most important, trust in the self or in God, if your intentions are just, and you are looking to find the truth, not for magical powers or just experience (which do have their part in this) there is nothing that can go wrong.

Mainly I want some peace, and I would hope that would make me a nicer person. I'm looking for a set of practices that don't have a belief system attached to them other than common sense. The idea that we are all one continuous thing is common sense. Blue elephant and gods with four arms is not common sense to me. Christianity is not common sense either (at least to me).

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

every christian should seek the day of Christ return in our lifetime, world war 3 comes before so yes if i could speed up the war clock i would. it is not my desire for people to die but to see the demonic mystery Babylon(new world order) fall to its feet, keep in mind according to the bible this war is inevitable, if it was up to me i would of slapped the apple from eves hand and none of this had to happen but i am no one to decide the future of mankind only GOD can decide that.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

are you saying demons are not paranormal? not according to your believes but to me anything that directly or indirectly influences our reality is paranormal. i don't need to see videos of such events i have witnessed them in the flesh. so when you see the word demon in a thread it is probably gonna be a biblical argument.
i am not trying to convince you that demons exist this is for those who have gotten threw that stage

edit on 8-10-2011 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Sounds like you are already comming from a pretty clear place. Meditation really changed my life, I find myself coping with stress a lot better, and taking time to listen when people talk.... seems sort of bland but I never knew how little I was experiencing of life until I was meditating regularly. I would just say give yourself 20 minutes or so to sit still with yourself, and see what comes from it, there is obviously more to meditation, but it is natural, you cant do it wrong, and your intention for change is already changing you, I think modern science supports that.

My story is that I was about 18 and really frustrated with the ideas I held, I believed in a God I never met, with a group of followers that didnt really represent what I wanted from myself, the sense there is more to this psudo spirituality we call blind faith. So I started reading about buddhism, and the toa, I thought hiduism was insane so I completely avoided it. Anyways about a week after I start doing this, I am on a job (I used to restore stone/marble) and a man comes up to me and says YOU are looking for God I see it in your eyes, I was like "wtf" so he was a painter on this site, an older indian man, and basically we talked for a few hours and he shared some of the experiences he had in life, and the simplicity of meditating as a way to actually experience the soul. He went into some other systems such as the Yuga cycles, which you might enjoy reading about its a cool theory. So I started meditating regularly, and studying a particular text, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, since it is very clear and has nothing to do with the thousands of Gods, or doing strange practices for no reason....

I guess I am just sharing how, once I wanted to know more, the answers came. Obviously you are different, so my value of a text or a practice will be different then you, and thats fair haha

links to some of my favorites
Vivekananda - Commentaries on the Yoga Sutras

Autobiography of a Yogi

Shambhala- Sacred Path of the Warrior

The Holy Science

I hope something stands out to you

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I really dont want to Hijack the thread with my own system, I just wanted to add that this is one of the most powerful lectures I have ever read in regards to religions.

Introductory....

In the first place, if you analyse all the various religions of the world, you will find that these are divided into two classes, those with a book and those without a book. Those with a book are the strongest, and have the largest number of followers. Those without books have mostly died out, and the few new ones have very small following. Yet, in all of them we find one consensus of opinion, that the truths they teach are the results of the experiences of particular persons. The Christian asks you to believe in his religion, to believe in Christ and to believe in him as the incarnation of God, to believe in a God, in a soul, and in a better state of that soul. If I ask him for reason, he says he believes in them. But if you go to the fountain-head of Christianity, you will find that it is based upon experience. Christ said he saw God; the disciples said they felt God; and so forth. Similarly, in Buddhism, it is Buddha's experience. He experienced certain truths, saw them, came in contact with them, and preached them to the world. So with the Hindus. In their books the writers, who are called Rishis, or sages, declare they experienced certain truths, and these they preach. Thus it is clear that all the religions of the world have been built upon that one universal and adamantine foundation of all our knowledge--direct experience. The teachers all saw God; they all saw their own souls, they saw their future, they saw their eternity, and what they saw they preached. Only there is this difference that by most of these religions especially in modern times, a peculiar claim is made, namely, that these experiences are impossible at the present day; they were only possible with a few men, who were the first founders of the religions that subsequently bore their names. At the present time these experiences have become obsolete, and, therefore, we have now to take religion on belief. This I entirely deny. If there has been one experience in this world in any particular branch of knowledge, it absolutely follows that that experience has been possible millions of times before, and will be repeated eternally. Uniformity is the rigorous law of nature; what once happened can happen always.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

are you saying demons are not paranormal? not according to your believes but to me anything that directly or indirectly influences our reality is paranormal. i don't need to see videos of such events i have witnessed them in the flesh. so when you see the word demon in a thread it is probably gonna be a biblical argument.
i am not trying to convince you that demons exist this is for those who have gotten threw that stage

On the contrary. Demons are paranormal and you're making presumptions about my beliefs. I too have witnessed them first hand and I don't care to again. My point is that demons and posessions belong in this forum and this would be the correct place to discuss these issues.

However, the moment you used the thread to hypthesise that one belief system is superior to another and then went on to promote Christianity, you crossed a line and consequently the correct forum for a debate on these terms would be the Religion forum, not this one.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

im not here to push religion on anyone, im here to stand for my believes and and spread truth
if you are tired of people preaching to you stop clicking on threads that may seem to be religious.
the fact is we are not going nowhere until the luciferian new world order is here than we get raptured or beheded by the son of perdition(antichrist)even than we will still remain until revelation 19:11 comes to pass. either way well be in the presence of the almighty

"the heavens and the earth shall pass away but my word shall never pass"- The GOD of Abraham Isaac and Jacob

Your avatar is "The Holy Bible" and you ARE preaching to us. You are calling for World War III with a blood lust and glee that would put Hitler to shame, so that Jesus will come. You and your ilk are TRYING to start conflicts and war in order to fulfil what you believe to be a prophecy. You think that your are righteous in "spreading the word."

The funny thing is your arrogance in believing that by bringing about World War III, it will make Jesus come sooner. Do you really think that you can force Jesus into doing anything? When I was little and attending church, I was told that the "cries of the suffering" would hasten his return. That's why martyrs beat themselves, so the Christ will hear the wails of their suffering and come back sooner.

You and your ilk need to be silenced and stopped. You are warmongers who hate all those unlike you. Your agenda is one of damnation and judgement. You would seek to control the moral highground with religious dogma that is borne in lies, superstition and ignorance.

As long as you so called Christians seek to start World War III, control our health care and how we deal with our own bodies, our court systems, our children and our educational systems and legislative processes based on religious doctrine, there will be strong arguments against you and your goals.

Have no doubt about it, we will stand up and speak out against you. It would be immoral for us not to

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

el1jah, thanks for the suggestions and links. I especially liked the first link "Patanjali Yoga Sutra" so far (2 pages).

Your experience sounds similar to a friend I knew in college. He told me he was reading about Zen Buddhism and then one day somebody walked up to him and asked him if he was interested in Zen.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

I'll preface this by saying I believe in a wide range of supernatural entities, encountered quite a few as well. Even served in a couple of Church sanctioned exorcisms. I still approach everything as a skeptic, at least initially.

You underestimate the stupidity and gullibility of people in a group. YOu also state as fact that "there is clearly something demonic". No there isn't anything that is clearly demonic. I see mass stupidity and mass hysteria. It's unacceptable and unscientific to draw that conclusion of yours off a video without direct observance and without 1st hand information. The video was also put on by a christian group who obviously is putting it on to further their agenda. Yellow journalism. Use a video or 3 to support some sort of scientific evidence that validates your hypothesis.

Whatever your intention is, it's known only to you. Most people here will make the assumption that it's to bash eastern religion and push the evangelical christian agenda. That's how it comes across. And without knowing you or your history that puts your entire hypothesis in doubt especially when its only support is tainted video.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

every christian should seek the day of Christ return in our lifetime, world war 3 comes before so yes if i could speed up the war clock i would. it is not my desire for people to die but to see the demonic mystery Babylon(new world order) fall to its feet, keep in mind according to the bible this war is inevitable, if it was up to me i would of slapped the apple from eves hand and none of this had to happen but i am no one to decide the future of mankind only GOD can decide that.

I'm pretty sure that most recorded world history is down to what people did (excluding natural disasters), not what god did, so i'd say that the future of humanity isn't in god's hands - it's in our hands. If you hope that a supernatural entity is going to "fix" everything for you then where is the incentive for you to try and fix things yourself ?
edit on 9-10-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Seems really demonic to me.

Lets nuke all the evil non fundementalists eh?

Mass exorcism, maybe you could take your message to cable in the US and get donations and a fund going towards your cause.

Jesus when on knees and praying "rears" of blood and sweat of blood was practicing "Evil Yoga"

When he walked on water, or calmed the storm...

He was Practicing "evil yoga"

When he manifested after death to his disciples, like records for thousands of years and recorded testimonies he was practising the highest yoga manifesting his 3 kayas or manifestation bodies, well written about research it.

FIND ME ONE MIRACLE Jesus did that is not recorded as being done by Yogis before of the "eastern Yoga Tradition"

Was JC demonically possessed to?

Jesus was an "Yogi" or "Mystic" himself, he taught reincarnation, Gnosis and also practiced Tantra. He was versed in both the mystic kabbalah, the Egyptian mysteries and magic like Moses before him and was well versed in Eastern Yoga as he very very likely spent a lot of time in India/Nepal etc before his ministry started.

And have I not said Ye are gods to!

Reclaim the love, compassion, power and magnificence within you, as Jesus showed others to do, stop giving your god given right or force to some fear mongering ranting evangelist who is likely much closer to any dark "demons" than any Yoga teacher/practitioner.

Love

Elf

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yoga is NOT a religion. Yoga is a way of life.
You can do yoga without doing any physical exercise / postures at all.

For example, we could say that "veganism", stoicism, naturalism are forms of yoga.

The vid in the OP basically got nothing to do with yoga.
They might be incorporating aspects of body movement to improve circulation of spinal fluid.

But what they are doing is reaching an alternate state of consciousness by rythmically compressing / releasing pressure in their cerebellum.
It is a technique that is found everywhere on the planet and is not specific to eastern philosophies.

Yin / Yang are not some kind of spiritual entities, they just are. They are the result of over 5000 years of study.
They are a manifestation of what it is to look inwards, as opposite to looking for some truths in the Bible or in the church.

Yun Shou. 云手

Go wave your hands a bit in the clouds, and you just might be lucky enough to experience it for yourself.
I'm having problems taking for granted all that's in scriptures, but when I do an exercise and get to feel it for myself, inside me, that feels real. And I'll take something I can verify for myself anytime over some zealot's propaganda.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Chrysalis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Skyfloating

what you refer to as low energies.us Christians refer to as demonic spirits. there are no frequencies in the universe that you can ever reach to be truly enlightened. other wise the illuminist would have already achieved it. how can you be against the Illuminati or nwo and at the same time accept its doctrines?

i cant wait for world war 3

hard times usually bring out ones tru colors this is why i am so anxious. to see a world wide catastrophe(i know im a lil crazy)
please bow down before the almighty

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You claim to be anti-demonic, but your words reveal that you have yourself become what you are fighting.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

i consider my self a modern day essene, a very apocalyptic person with extremist views(according to our brainwashed society) i lust for the return of the lord,and yes i cant wait for all of this to happen.
knowing that it is inevitable i hope to see it in my life time. all the men of god have been ridiculed, stoned put in prison or beheaded, so say what you say, when you see this day come you will remember these words.

every knee shall bow before him and confess he is GOD. even those in hell.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

show me a yoga practisioner who can do the least of JESUS miracles and i will take your response seriously.....

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

in order to have a true structure of believes in today's world they have to be extreme to the rest of society, because society has been programed to hate what they don't understand

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The majority of the people in this world (even the majority of those who claim to be Christians, sadly) are relying on themselves to reach a "higher state of being". This only opens the door to Satan and his demons. When one places their own self above God and Jesus, they then become vulnerable to all sorts demonic attacks. That video is a good example of that.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

i totally understand that when you see a christian theological post ,your mind has already been programed to jump to a state of defense. please put your prejudices aside before taking any of this as a possibility.
the bible has prophesied our prosecution and i am ready for it.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join