It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Admits There Is A Massive Brown Dwarf Star Hurling Toward Earth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
LOLLLL YOUR NEWS: DATED By Robert Roy Britt SPACE.com | April 15, 2005.

they admitted it today? yesterday? lol give me a break. First tyche is a planet in our solar system yes. But it is not coming toward us. LOLLLL And also Tyche is now called a planet not a brown dwarf.

Check your sources and the scientific data before posting. you wouldn't look like a damn fool. LOLLLL

reply to post by kwell

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This video is very old, just reposted... The controversial potential object has been openly discussed for years. There's no need for cnn to "admit" it when it wasn't covered up at all in the first place. Furthermore, you completely just made up the "hurtling toward earth" nonsense for your own fantasy, that was nowhere in the video. You also post articles 6 years+ old as if its shocking new news lol...

Tyche and these articles have already been discussed a lot on ATS before, do a search before you post. Thus this thread is redundant, misleading and pointless.
edit on 6-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

So your argument is we should believe a random youtube conspiracy dude with a "end times" 2012 website over respected scientists? K bro, good logic you convinced me, no problem.
edit on 6-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
ahh!! that andromedan contactee was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 6-10-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That is a hilarious post. Actual cables? That's pretty funny.
Most star systems are not binary.
Jupiter blew off most of its mass? Really? Where is it?
Wormwood is not coded in anything other than the bible.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jeannyska12

Anyone know? It has been like that for months.

Google sky is a set of static images. It never changes.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Okay, the first source you provided references the second, and nowhere does IT say that a brown dwarf is "hurling toward earth".

Let's dispense with the sensationalism. No flag, no star. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Umm...CNN-a new reporting agency..."reports" not "admits". This thread title is way off. Maybe they "reported it is suspected" to be...but they cant "admit" anything.

Like..."Fox News admits there are Aliens".

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Why weren't the "vast amounts of astronomers" able to see or predict the Sundiver that just hit the sun the other day, us humans don't know # about space and time outside out Earths gravity field, it doesn't matter how awesome a mathematician or astronomer or speculator you are you couldn't possibly be able to factor in all the planets and gravity fields that could alter the course of any object moving through space

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienzombie666
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Why weren't the "vast amounts of astronomers" able to see or predict the Sundiver that just hit the sun the other day, us humans don't know # about space and time outside out Earths gravity field, it doesn't matter how awesome a mathematician or astronomer or speculator you are you couldn't possibly be able to factor in all the planets and gravity fields that could alter the course of any object moving through space

A comet is incredibly hard to find. Do you know how small they are?

A planet moving into the Solar System would be obvious, as it's mass would radically affect the orbits of the other planets. However, if there was an interloping planet just the other side of the Sun as has been claimed, Earth's orbit would be affected so badly that we'd all be dead by now.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Kwell....I gotta give it to you, since your arrival on ATS you've been very busy. You seem to be all over the place

I haven't read OP yet, but I will. Just wanted to let you know all the info is appreciated whether I agree with you or not. Giving you a star for now for being so active. After I read OP....maybe a flag

Keep up the good work

edit on 10/7/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by kwell

And just as I suspected it's the same thing we've seen numerous times now. What is being discussed in that video is Tyche. Tyche is a hypothetical planet 25,000 AU away that is supposed to explain the orbits of long-period comets. If it exists it never gets closer than 25,000 AU. This was hypothesized by two of the originators of the Nemesis hypothesis. Nemesis was a hypothetical brown dwarf at least 50,000 AU away that was used to explain a periodicity in mass extinctions. This periodicity was found to not exist so the need for Nemesis vanished. So, far Tyche has not shown up in the WISE data and the vast majority of astronomers don't expect it to.

I just got schooled

Thank You

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Am I the only one amused that the "mainstream media" suddenly becomes unquestionably reliable when it comes to subjects of hyperbole and mass panic?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semoro

Although opposing that view is this one; www.scientificamerican.com...

Which basically indicates a large brown dwarf will pass through the Oort cloud and send a few hundred comets into the inner solar system. Jupiter should play guard but hey, who knows? I mean the article was last year and it's the last we've heard of it.

Im guessing it's the last we've heard of it because.....as the article says which I will now quote "The good news is that the star is not expected to arrive for a million or more years."

Why should they keep reporting on some catastrophe that might happen a million years from now!?!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Okay...okay, you had me going there for a minute (I wanted it to be true) but the CNN link is full of old articles, some dating back to 1995. I didn't see anything recent.

CNN

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by kwell

Okay...okay, you had me going there for a minute (I wanted it to be true) but the CNN link is full of old articles, some dating back to 1995. I didn't see anything recent.

CNN

news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I don't understand why most of the people still believe the "news" come on guys.. You've all been played enough, start waking up.

Nothing is going to hit Earth, nothing is close to hitting Earth, nothing is going to happen, you are all being pulled into fear, to make welcome to BBP.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by kwell

And just as I suspected it's the same thing we've seen numerous times now. What is being discussed in that video is Tyche. Tyche is a hypothetical planet 25,000 AU away that is supposed to explain the orbits of long-period comets. If it exists it never gets closer than 25,000 AU. This was hypothesized by two of the originators of the Nemesis hypothesis. Nemesis was a hypothetical brown dwarf at least 50,000 AU away that was used to explain a periodicity in mass extinctions. This periodicity was found to not exist so the need for Nemesis vanished. So, far Tyche has not shown up in the WISE data and the vast majority of astronomers don't expect it to.

Although I don't agree with the OP why is it that you, and some others, continuously try to claim that this hypotherical object must be 25,000 AU when there are several peer-reviewe papers that put such object, and even a bronw dwarf a lot closer than 25,000 AU?

There is a large unknown gravitational field in our Solar System which some scientists put as close as 200 AU.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Elenin people can't let it go.
It was a hoax people, it's time to move on.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
How do you know? Ever been attracted by one? You don't really know, you only theorize the whole thing with your own ideas. you don't know if we would be dead if a planet would interlop.

First,, we live in a solar system controlled by magnetic force field. Those magnetic force field are created because of the rotation of a metal liquid core in the center of the planets creating a virtual gravity field! since all planet does that, all planet have magnetic field making a force to whole the solar system together in a perfect way.

I do believe extra planet in the outer solar system have an impact on planets and their living things. Also magnetic influance from outside body does have an effect on human moral, thoughts and physical. Don't forget we are magnetic being, our body creates more magnetic frequency then a huge battery per seconds. If everything in the universe is magnetic, then magnetic changes does affect us.

solar flare? affect us in a great way without you realizing it. A comet passing by? affect us, not greatly but enough to create confusion in humans thoughts. Don't forget, a thought is a frequency, a wave a magnetic impulses created by the brain interlocked with the earth magnetic grid.

Really... do you guys know anything? or you just observe and make your own conclusion? I don't think planet X or nibiru will hit us or will come in the inner solar system. But it is quite possible that it could come close enough to pertube the way the sun acts. As our magnetic shield is low , if the solar flare intensity is greatly increased (like it is increasing until 2013) it could affect earth in a great way. don't forget that every 11 years the sun flip his magnetic poles, during the flip, great solar flares are created. What is new in 2012 is our magnetic shield is low and the flare will be great. make the connection? Also it is proven and understood that the earth goes through a cycle as well every 13 000 years or so. Just like Jupiter and other planets. The bigger the planet or star is the more often the magnetic pole will flip, like jupiter , jupiter's poles flip every 100 years, the sun every 11 years and so on. It is a natural thing. When i say magnetic pole i don't mean geographical poles like every body believes. Geographic poles are located in the great north and close to the antartica. Magnetic north pole is located in the middle of an ocean between north america and japan.

Namaste

reply to post by Insomniac

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join