It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Admits There Is A Massive Brown Dwarf Star Hurling Toward Earth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Who knew you could just call a local planetarium and describe something briefly over the telephone and get absolute confirmation of something?

Hey, can we get the name and number of that place? I'd like to get some absolute confirmation on some stuff too!

EDIT: Darn it, I'm slow. I see the others have addressed this *ahem* issue before me. He phoned them!
edit on 6-10-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DrumminDude

Yes, it is CW Leonis Here is the source image from IRAS.
irsa.ipac.caltech.edu...
edit on 10/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

You can call it CW Leonis, NASA can call it CW Leonis...whatever you call it, it is much closer than they are saying and it meets all the qualities of a brown dwarf star... www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Actually it has the characteristics of a carbon star, which is why it is classified as one. This means that it's pretty much a red giant with more carbon in its atmosphere than oxygen. In other words it is nothing like a brown dwarf.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

You didn't even have time to view the video that I posted.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I reviewed both of your links.

Both talked about a brown dwarf or big planet outside the solar system.

Neither said it was hurling toward the earth.

That was a misleading post heading.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I doubt you have reviewed all the links that I have posted. I tried to warn everyone. Hold on its going to be one heck of a ride.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

As for a response about the video. I made it through the first 30 seconds and had to stop it since they were making ridiculous claims about IRAS. First off IRAS discovered no new objects within the solar system. Second, much like WISE the end of its mission was not anomalous. For an infrared telescope to work it requires coolant so the heat from the instruments doesn't affect the data. IRAS had ten months worth of coolant, which ran out after ten months as expected. This marked the end of the IRAS mission. There were no "mechanical failures" and it would have been impossible for it to keep working in the same capacity after the coolant ran out. If he can't even get these basic facts right why should I trust that he understands the theory behind redshift?
edit on 10/6/2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
reply to post by Wildbob77

I doubt you have reviewed all the links that I have posted. I tried to warn everyone. Hold on its going to be one heck of a ride.

And when this ride is over, what's next on the list? Because there's always another doomsday after the current, pending one passes without the awesome display of death and destruction you were counting on.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Why does anyone have to watch a video?

I have a longstanding position that I do not waste my time watching videos since most that are posted here are idiotic hoaxes that if written down would be read in less than 30 seconds instead of watching 5 or 10 minutes of nauseating drivel.

Watching a lie is no different than reading lies. They are still lies.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
what would be the purpose of an underground bunker if the earth was struck by a brown dwarf?

our planet would be smooshed like a bug on a windshield.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

And...what are your creditals? What experience do you have? (besides being a long time poster/member on ATS) Why do you ALWAYS disagree with posts pertaining to this subject?
edit on 6-10-2011 by Angelicdefender2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
before everyone buries themselves in postage, i'd like to point out the CNN video is refering to planet X, and no I do not mean nibiru.

www.lightnet.co.uk...

I tried to find the original newspaper version of the report of a tenth planet from roughly 2000 but I failed, the bbc has removed at least one article related to it.

to be specific, a tenth planet was theorised to account for an anomaly in the gravitational model of our solar system, and they even got an IR picture of it before it disappeared off the face of the planet entirely. the theory is its hiding in the oort cloud, which itself is unproven. which is just wonderful.

don't bother posting that i'm lying because i'll spend the next month digging up those articles if I have to.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

Ignore him, Phage, another disinfo agent. No one can deny this entire planet is under SEVERE distress, as well as our solar system. Phage doens't want to talk about Pluto turning red (from iron oxide brown dwarf dust, explains ancient texts regarding water turing red, 1/3 fishing dying etc) or Jupiter losing a stripe, or Saturn doing a 45 degree flip, or Jupiter and Venus brighter than EVER , Tsunamis every other year now, record Tornadoes this past spring.

yeah, just keep ignoring all this and pretend that you driving in your SUV is causing all this. REmember, our whole solar system is being perturbed. Phage has a problem there. He cannot deny all those changes and a PRIMARY cause would be an extra object in our solar system. We cannot see everything out there in all the spectrums. Denying that we know everything going on, especially with BS-kings NASA telling us all is well is a big mistake.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
ed: i'll be back when there is civilized conversation in the space topics.
edit on 6/10/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumminDude

So, you're claiming that there's a brown dwarf in the inner solar system. Why can't we see it? A brown dwarf has the same albedo as Jupiter. This means it would be quite visible. Even if it were composed of iron oxide (which makes no sense whatsoever) it would be visible as iron oxide can be quite reflective. Give me a few minutes and I'll reply to the rest of your points as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Could it be because it is behind the sun and will become visible soon?

Illuminati likes to tell us what is going to happen next in movies(predictive programming)... www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Funny how the Illumaniti just looooooves to leave clues for the world to figure out. I mean, Denver International Airport? They couldn't have made it any more obvious, short of a giant cartoon arrow spelling out "Down Here."

They would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Threads like this amuse me. Attack whoever you want to. Taunt and snicker at people's explanations. Claim this person is a disinfo agent.

All I know is that *I* have done the research. It *is* CW Leonis.

-saige-

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by saige45
Threads like this amuse me. Attack whoever you want to. Taunt and snicker at people's explanations. Claim this person is a disinfo agent.

All I know is that *I* have done the research. It *is* CW Leonis.

-saige-

Threads like this make me want to repeatedly bang my head against the wall. I really don't know how Phage, Xcalibur et al manage to continue to give civil answers in the face of extreme stupidity.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Then where was it six months ago when we were on the other side of the Sun? As for the things you mentioned in your other post I will now address them. Pluto is turning red due to a change in seasons. As the northern pole is now facing the Sun it is causing the frozen methane to break up which would produce a red coloration. Jupiter regularly loses a stripe. We've witnessed this in 1973, 1989, and 1993. It also partially disappeared in 2007, but came back before fading completely. The most likely culprit is ammonia cirrus clouds that formed over the South Equatorial Band. Next is the ridiculous claim that Saturn flipped 45 degrees. This is just completely false. This claim comes from someone who clearly doesn't understand how telescopes work or the movement of planets. If something as obvious Saturn's axis flipping occurred don't you think every amateur astronomer in the world would be reporting on it instead of just one? As for the Jupiter and Venus claim I can't find any sources that claim they are brighter now than they have ever been.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join