It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOTV Presents...: Life On MARS? - New Scientific Evidence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
ya, just "probably" just dunes. right!

when are you guys gonna admit there is some wierd stuff on mars?
There are weird things on Mars, but not what most people think is weird.

tow the friggin line.
The fact that my opinions on some subjects are the same as the ones presented by mainstream science doesn't mean that I am "towing the line", or do you think that nobody thinks that way?

As for "towing the line", it's the same thing with people that read about glass tubes on Mars and, without thinking about it, accept it just because it sounds cool or because it was said by someone that is seen as being against the mainstream.

no one sees anything out of the ordinary. nice.
I do, just don't expect those things to be the same you fin out of the ordinary, for that we would need to have the same knowledge, mentality and feelings.

Anyone can have their own opinions, it doesn't have to be a NASA/against NASA (for example) case.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Even in those photos you can see the difference between the trees on Earth and the Martian features, with the trees being more or less all of the same size and shape, while the Martian features exist in a large variety of sizes and shapes.

Another thing that is not visible on these photos but easily seen when we look at photos from the same place taken at different times is that those "trees" change with the seasons and even from day to day, as you can see in the following animation.

Although those are not trees, they are still an unusual feature, that nobody can real say if it's just a simple reaction or a sign of life.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by gortex

The way Dr. Tom Van Flandern speaks is not that scientific, stating things as if he was sure that was the only explanation.

Unfortunately for those that accepted those things without thinking back in 2001, 10 years latter we have much more data about it, and new photos that show that people shouldn't jump to conclusions based on bad photos and good imagination.

I'm sorry but, the people saying otherwise, IE the guys speaking and presenting evidence in the video are far more credible & knowledgeable then you,

Dr. Tom Van Flandern, former Chief Astronomer for the United States Naval Observatory. Also Astronomer and former NASA Astronaut, trained to go to Mars, Dr. Brian O'Leary

I don't think you watched the full program either, yes there have been new pictures in hi res with filters, if you watch they restore them

they are doing exactly the job they was doing while working at NASA,

the chance of nature creating thos formation is outrageous, and there is HUNDREDS OF THEM

Its totally obvious there not natural features/structures

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
The so called faces on Mars don't really interest me as they could be as you say products of bad photos and good imaginations , but the glassy tubes , tree like structures and standing stone structures have always stood out as anomalous to me .
The "glass tubes" are probably just dunes, as seen in other places, even on Earth, and the tree like structures have no third dimension, they are flat features, as we can see on all new, higher resolution photos.

So why are the dunes reflecting sunlight?

They probably are very very odd sand dunes or they're probably ancient remnants of and ancient civilization on a planet that used to have life on it in the goldilocks zone, until prove scientifically your opinion/guess/belief is as good as ours

but hey... NASA doesn't want to prove it for some strange reason

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Titor86

They do not cast shadows. Even in the original photos we could see that the "shadows" were always in the same position, regardless of the direction of the light.

I will try to post some photos to show what I mean.

Is it not possible its some type of bacteria/green algae or even weeds ? moss ?

I find it hard to believe features like tho trees are stains on the rocks/surface, like the ice they should have been covered over by dust so they appear to be growing out of the surface in my opinion

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

hi armap,

i'm not crazy about the "glass tubes" being glass, per say.

much of the features on mars are uncannily like water channels or water erosion.

if water disappeared a billion years ago, the features should have too.

the terrain looks too dynamic. who knows maybe every 1000-10,000 years water runs wild by some process we haven't witnessed yet.

yeah, towing the line is just accepting the mainstream view.

as to buildings and pyramids and such, we need better pics or boots on the ground where they are.

life? i doubt we'll find a giraffe or a cocker spaniel but larger life is possible.

we just have no idea in what form. they could be very slow, low metabolism. don't have to move much.

look at here on earth, if you were dropped into the "outback" you and me would probably die in a couple days.

put an aborigine there and they would have no problem surviving.

the rovers were chosen to land in a safe place, they covered about 20miles or so?

like dropping them in the middle of the sahara or death valley and expecting, what?

the deep mars rift may have higher air pressure than the surface proper. we got to get in there to find out.

i'm just not writing anything off at all, till we been all over the place there.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
hey check this picture...

mossgo.co.uk...

That's exactly what NASA does right?

Yeah yeah all in good time folks

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

What I found interesting about this video is that its not the usual suspects making the claim , the video features two scientists , Dr. Tom Van Flandern, former Chief Astronomer for the United States Naval Observatory and Dr. Brian O'Leary , an astronaut selected by NASA to go to Mars before the Mars missions were canceled .

R.I.P Brian O'Leary
www.brianoleary.info...
edit on 5-10-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

Best video I've seen on this site and on youtube regarding ufo etc. So SAD it is not taken more seriously than it is.

Only thing I can say is what is nasa trying to protect us from? I've studied photo after photo, tons of photos from mars by nasa, esa for a couple of years now. Ton and tons of gadgets even if they are blurred, inked out. Especially ones from the rover and opportunity, junk yards of pipes, sprockets. I know rocks, they are NOT rocks. I really think there is a civilization living underground, I and say this in all seriousness. I really think that nasa is truly in contact with them. They almost have to be because they dripped the pictures to us and nasa's rover and opportunity are on the mars planet. The tubes to me HAVE to be from an intelligent race. I think Ernest Norman was telling the truth when he said there is a civilization living underground. Nasa I think, thinks that it would be overwhelming to us. Maybe they think we couldn't take the shock.

Again that tube with it's rib stretching over the other one below it, just can't in a thousand years + a million be lava tubes. Honest to god to me it truly doesn't. This should be on the front page news in every paper across the country. Unless nasa knows something that I don't. If they have a legitimate reason for our own protection then my hats off to them. Maybe a civilization that is lets say 1000's of years ahead of us, we would be simply overwhelmed and in constant shock. Maybe they worry (nasa) we would be humiliated by their intelligence? I think certain upper echelons of nasa HAS to be in direct communication with them. Those tubes have to be intelligently made and seem current. Again Nasa has to be in communication with them. They could be very scared to tell us, and the only way for us to digest this incredible information is the DRIP the images very, very, very slowly to get us acclimated to the TRUTH> They must be under strict orders to keep it secret. Nasa must of studied this dilemma bigtime. The question should be what is nasa trying to protect us from?

This is the greatest video that HAS EVER BEEN POSTED HERE AT ATS. That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. So sad both are dead. Hero's in my opinion !
edit on 9-10-2011 by thetiler because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2011 by thetiler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
I'm sorry but, the people saying otherwise, IE the guys speaking and presenting evidence in the video are far more credible & knowledgeable then you,

Dr. Tom Van Flandern, former Chief Astronomer for the United States Naval Observatory. Also Astronomer and former NASA Astronaut, trained to go to Mars, Dr. Brian O'Leary
I didn't say that I was more knowledgeable and/or credible, but that video is 10 years old, so what Dr. Tom Van Flandern (I think it was him) said about things getting clearer and clearer with new, higher resolution photos has already happened.

I'm sure that if he saw the new photos (I think he did, seeing that he died in 2009 and the newer photos of the face are from 2007) he would re-evaluate his position.

I don't think you watched the full program either, yes there have been new pictures in hi res with filters, if you watch they restore them
I did, although I hate videos.

What they do in the video has nothing to do with higher resolution photos, because those could only exist after being taken by new cameras (or by the existing cameras in lower orbits). One thing is a photo of the "face" with a 48 metres per pixel (the original Viking images), a 1.86 metres per pixel (the one from Mars Global Surveyor, from April 2001) and the 25 cm per pixel from HiRISE in 2007

the chance of nature creating thos formation is outrageous, and there is HUNDREDS OF THEM
If you don't believe that we were created by god(s), then you shouldn't be surprised by nature's ability, and if you believe that we were created by god(s) then you shouldn't doubt the god(s) capabilities.

Its totally obvious there not natural features/structures
If it was to everyone we wouldn't have discussions like this.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

So why are the dunes reflecting sunlight?
Because they are not black, obviously.

When you look at a photo you have no way of knowing how much luminosity any of the things seen on the photo had, the camera's ability to change the amount of light and time it takes to take a photo makes it possible for a camera to show as bright things that were barely noticeable without any adjustments. In the case of these photos, we are looking at processed photos, in which the difference between brighter and darker areas was already adjusted to make it easier to distinguish all details in the photo.

They probably are very very odd sand dunes or they're probably ancient remnants of and ancient civilization on a planet that used to have life on it in the goldilocks zone, until prove scientifically your opinion/guess/belief is as good as ours
Not that odd, we also have dunes like that on Earth.

but hey... NASA doesn't want to prove it for some strange reason
Or some people do not want to accept that they are wrong, for some strange reason.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Is it not possible its some type of bacteria/green algae or even weeds ? moss ?
I think it's possible (as I said in a previous post), they even change from day to day, so a biological process may be behind it, although a simper chemical reaction is also possible.

I find it hard to believe features like tho trees are stains on the rocks/surface, like the ice they should have been covered over by dust so they appear to be growing out of the surface in my opinion
Did you see the newer photos of those features? We can see that they are just that, and I have always been saying that the "trees" looked flat since the first time I saw them presented as trees and before the appearance of higher resolution photos, it always looked like something like that to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
as to buildings and pyramids and such, we need better pics or boots on the ground where they are.
I agree, for some reason the HiRISE team doesn't look much interested in the Cydonia region. But we have almost 6 metres per pixel images, like this one.
(The "pyramids" are at the top of the photo)

we just have no idea in what form. they could be very slow, low metabolism. don't have to move much.
That's one of the things I think is wrong in the "it's trees" approach, trying to find parallels on Mars of things we know on Earth is probably limiting the people that follow that method from seeing things in a different way.

like dropping them in the middle of the sahara or death valley and expecting, what?
They weren't looking for life, they were made to study the geology of those areas and to look for signs of a watery past.

the deep mars rift may have higher air pressure than the surface proper. we got to get in there to find out.
I agree, but I think it may be a more difficult landing.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
s12.photobucket.com... i12.photobucket.com... ]
i12.photobucket.com...
I can't tell if the images will show up,so just follow top link to my photobucket slide show.The best info I have for life on Mars is visual,and I find that the more I talk or write,no-one really listens,but maintains their preconceptions.IamMonkey,for my money has the most convincing evidence of life on Mars,past or present.I avoid this site as a rule from all the negativity before which stifles input from many others too.I contribute.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would say it would be naive to say that life does not exsit elsewhere. Mars very well could have indeed supported life at some time millions of years ago. We must remind ourselfs on this planet alone there are millions of different life forms from the most extreme to the most intelligent. Earths spectrum of life ranges across the board, but yet mars which is right next door has had no life...ever. I find it unlikley. Aliens and life elsewhere is one of those things that is similar to religion you believe it or you dont, you have had an expierience or you havent. We must only take what info we have and then look at the big picture. We should all agree that there is something strange going on around us and that there is more to life than what the average person is set to believe.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Most of those features are natural formations. Hoagland even tried to say that there was a car inside one of the tunnels. The tunnels are dunes as in this thumbnail:

so called tunnels are dunes - please click for larger image:

And the dioxide flows in the polar region. If you look closely enough you will see some running downhill in this thumbnail:

Carbon dioxide in polar region - Please click for larger image:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Again, I say that this video is one of the best i've ever seen on mars. Even when you go up higher those photos have too many points of value that show that they have an incredible margin that they are man (martian) made.

Just too many artifacts that can not be rocks.

This video really should be of great value, it is one of the saddest things that so many people are glossing over one of the most historical events we have ever gazed our eyes on.

If all this is an illusion I would be astounded and incredibly surprised indeed. This video is something that Nasa needs to be truthful and forthcoming. I really believe that Nasa (the select few at the top) KNOW that what this movie (authorities in the video) are saying.

How could Nasa pass up this phenomenal video and not come through with an explanation in all honesty is beyond me.
What is so terribly SAD is that Flags have been taken off of it. This should not be!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

What I found interesting about this video is that its not the usual suspects making the claim , the video features two scientists , Dr. Tom Van Flandern, former Chief Astronomer for the United States Naval Observatory and Dr. Brian O'Leary , an astronaut selected by NASA to go to Mars before the Mars missions were canceled .

R.I.P Brian O'Leary
www.brianoleary.info...
edit on 5-10-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

Sad that both are gone now.
But both Brian and Tom mentioned something so important. That the people in charge of these photos and their missions regarding mars are funded and they have to be very, very careful in what they say. Plus, they have an oath they take i'm sure and know that the military powers that be value that as ultra important. All this seems to inferred towards 7/8th at the end of this wonderful and important video. Both really expressed a strong opinion in regards to, you don't bit the hand that feeds you! I hope one day they will name important artifacts that they have not found yet on mars as "Tom" and "Brian". They deserve it. God bless them! As far as I can see and hear, I really feel that!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
With many of the Martian optical illusions it can be realized quickly the difference between some claims and actual formations by not letting your eyes say concave when in fact its a convex (or reversed order) like the so- called tunnels. If you really look at the images with that knowledge then it becomes apparent that you are looking at gullies and sand dunes.

Some of the trees are dark basalt sand and carbon dioxide while others are natural formations.

More examples with some explanations:

Mars optical illusions - The trees

sources:

news.softpedia.com...

www.space.com...

www.wired.com...

apod.nasa.gov...

And the glass tunnels:

sources:

www.badastronomy.com...

www.msss.com...

The 2nd face on Mars and glass tunnels (Pareidolia and sand dunes in original image. face is a little over halfway down the original strip image, tunnels near the bottom of image.)

source: www.msss.com...

edit on 14-12-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Imho -- The Government Are Fooling Us
-- There is a Blue Sky on Mars?

www.rense.com...

(forgive me if it turns out someone has posted this already!)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
superb image posted by dcmb1409

files.abovetopsecret.com...

But the small impact craters in the high older terrain show that the sun is illuminating the marscape from the 'southeast'.

So we're probably not looking at dunes but rather at drainage channels caused by melting of subsurface water ice during past periods of warmer climate. Enough ice seems to have melted at times to create the very large 'valleys' seen in this pic.

So Mars may indeed have been habitable in the past - by microbes.

The next few years will be exciting. See

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join