It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOTV Presents...: Life On MARS? - New Scientific Evidence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
What I found interesting about this video is that its not the usual suspects making the claim , the video features two scientists , Dr. Tom Van Flandern, former Chief Astronomer for the United States Naval Observatory and Dr. Brian O'Leary , an astronaut selected by NASA to go to Mars before the Mars missions were canceled .

R.I.P Brian O'Leary
www.brianoleary.info...
edit on 5-10-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The way Dr. Tom Van Flandern speaks is not that scientific, stating things as if he was sure that was the only explanation.

Unfortunately for those that accepted those things without thinking back in 2001, 10 years latter we have much more data about it, and new photos that show that people shouldn't jump to conclusions based on bad photos and good imagination.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The so called faces on Mars don't really interest me as they could be as you say products of bad photos and good imaginations , but the glassy tubes , tree like structures and standing stone structures have always stood out as anomalous to me .
I have seen the explanations for the glassy tubes and remain unconvinced , though I guess the possibility that they are just a product of imaging remains a plausible , but not only explanation .

edit on 5-10-2011 by gortex because: grammar edit

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

And the rovers have captured sunsets and clouds.

I don't know if there is currently life on Mars, but I think it is more than likely it has been there at some point.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Microbial life on mars is very possible, look at extremophiles here on earth

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
the glassy tubes , tree like structures and standing stone structures have always stood out as anomalous to me .

I saw something very legitimate that debunked the glassy tubes and tree like structures, an eye anomally similair to the ones they show on Ancient Aliens that are pictures of rock carvings (some rock carvings appear to be of interest but you don't find them on the main stream shows, for instance the Aboriginee's grey looking faces, the mainstream pics weren't even of the large groups showing 10-15 of them and more clear).

However the pyramids are convincing that there happens to be a "face" in proximity of the pyramids, and certainly the monolith on phobos (a moon of mars) is of high interest.

My conclusion is that there was an ancient civilation on mars, or a civilation on earth that earth witnessed and went to mars.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

getreadyalready
And the rovers have captured sunsets and clouds.

The Phoenix Mars Lander also captured Snow falling , not a blizzard but snow is snow

danbirmingham

I think its almost certain that Microbial life exists on Mars , Dr Brian Cox in his last TV series even speculated that life exists in underground caverns where liquid water may be present .

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
The so called faces on Mars don't really interest me as they could be as you say products of bad photos and good imaginations , but the glassy tubes , tree like structures and standing stone structures have always stood out as anomalous to me .
The "glass tubes" are probably just dunes, as seen in other places, even on Earth, and the tree like structures have no third dimension, they are flat features, as we can see on all new, higher resolution photos.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I found the description of what was done to the "face of cydonia" photos by JPL and NASA pretty intersting as well as the whole presentation. The only thing I'm very skeptical of is the "symbols".

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Im wondering just how old is this video?

UFO TV has uploaded it to youtube with the title "Life on Mars : New scientific evidence" in 2010 but the first speaker describes possible pyramids on Mars that are "twice as tall as the World Trade Center".

edit on 5-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The video is from a 2001 event.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

post by PhoenixOD
Im wondering just how old is this video?

The earliest reference I have found is 2006 , so fairly new Scientific Evidence

Edit
Or what ArMaP said , fairly new in historical terms

edit on 5-10-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You can see on the video (at 12:43) that the first slide of Dr. Tom Van Flandern's presentation says:

"Hotel New Yorker"
"Crystal Room - May 8, 2001"

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ahh , well spotted.

I was just wondering

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The "glass tubes" are probably just dunes, as seen in other places, even on Earth, and the tree like structures have no third dimension, they are flat features, as we can see on all new, higher resolution photos.

If they're 2D why do they cast shadows?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Titor86

They do not cast shadows. Even in the original photos we could see that the "shadows" were always in the same position, regardless of the direction of the light.

I will try to post some photos to show what I mean.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by gortex

You can see on the video (at 12:43) that the first slide of Dr. Tom Van Flandern's presentation says:

"Hotel New Yorker"
"Crystal Room - May 8, 2001"

I salute your observational skills ArMaP

Can't believe I missed that

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by danbirmingham

Absolutely!! This the most important item people need not confuse. When we are speaking in terms of life on other planets this is what we mean. Not other actual forms of life similar to humans. It's been proven here on earth that microbial life can live in the most extreme conditions like buried under the mile deep ice in Antartica or in the depths of the Ocean. Heck it even survived a trip to Outer Space with no Oxygen.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

That's true, the hardest part (apparently) is the start of a life form, because after that, they find a way of adapting to the change in their environment and can keep on living in conditions in which they weren't able to start living.

The existence of some large, with no visible bottom, holes in the ground makes me think that's possible that Mars has some large underground spaces, where the temperatures are more constant and mild and where it's possible to have a local atmosphere, slightly different from the outside atmosphere, and a place like that would excellent to keep some adaptable life forms living for a long time.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Here's an interesting short video from NASA on the Methane on Mars and the possibility of it being produced by Bio-organisms .
Given its regularity and time frame of existence I find it hard to believe it has a geological origin .

Mike Mumma and his team of researchers at Goddard Space Flight Center have made the first definitive observations of methane in the atmosphere of Mars. The evidence of methane plumes only during certain seasons and the chemical processes that could lead to its possible sources both raise intriguing questions for future study.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join