It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open latter and warning from Tea Party to OWS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I respectfully disagree.

The government is inspecting these places yearly, hopefully, usually less. There is very little actual protection for the public, but there is a restriction on who goes into business. Some of the best makers are run out of business by the government.

If there is a bad product, a rash, or a minor injury are going to be remedied by a civil suit, and poor reviews, and less customers. The government isn't likely to discipline a licensee for the occasional poor product or oversight, and if they do discipline them, it will be fines to the government, it won't help the consumer in any manner.

Surgeons? They need tight regulation and stiff penalties.
Colored Contacts at the Flea Market? What a waste of government time! Buyer Beware.
Massage? You ever hear of someone injured by a massage? It is either good or bad, free market will dictate.

What about making a contractor be licensed? Why? Isn't there already a building code and a building inspector to approve the work? Redundant!

What about a landscaper? To mow lawns in my town takes 3 licenses (city, county, state), liability insurance, worker's comp coverage, a FEIN#, a filing with the State Div of Corps, and God-forbid you want to use a name other than your own. That is an additional 2 filings for fictitious names. Now, if you pay someone else to help you, you have invited in the IRS, Dept of Labor, OSHA, and others. Now suppose you hauled off some yard waste, you need a permit for hauling, a commercial license, an approval from EPA and DEP depending on where you dispose it.

And we wonder why more people don't go into business? And I typed this quickly, I'm sure I haven't hit upon everything. This is no exaggeration, in fact, this is a conservative account of what I went through to haul a trailer around and mow lawns and build privacy fences a few years ago.

I agree with all of this

You can be my vice president anyday!

Just, no GOP or DEM, ok?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

See, you just engage in wild accusations and inflammatory thinking that have no basis in reality. Tea Partiers know that govt bureaucracy means waste and fraud on the taxpayer dime.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

What do you think had a bigger impact on Mattel: the fines? or the Public Relations? or the Lawsuits?

Truth in Advertising doesn't have to be a regulation, it can be a generic law. Make it illegal to publish or advertise anything false or misleading. Probably already is. We don't need specific and targeted laws for that.

The majority of the Statutes I enforce are redundant from some other area of the law. The most serious ones are already criminally illegal. If a Doctor sexually assaults a patient, they don't need me to discipline their license, they need to go to jail, which, for the record, is a second offense on the license, because they got convicted of a crime, and another violation because they violated any other statute. So, do we really need 4 separate laws to impact the Dr when he is in jail anyway? Is that a good use of public funds? Did our Dr regulations help protect the public in any way? Sexual assault was illegal either way, and jail obviously wasn't a deterrent, so why would licensure be a deterrent?

What about over-prescribing of medications? 7 people per day die in Florida from Prescription drugs. And it isn't always abuse. Many times they are taking the prescribed dosages but drugs interact with one another, or their tolerance is low, or any other numbers of things. The worst Drs are already facing DEA, and State Attorneys, and Local Law Enforcement, they are going up on Drug charges, and Rico statutes, and being sued into oblivion by grieving families..... you think retribution from the Board of Medicine is at the top of their concern list?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

yeah it was a buying opportunity for obama and the lefties who bought gm,chrysler,fanny and freddy

and and solyndra and lightsquared and the billions still being thrown at green CORPORATIONS.

yeah those evil righties BS.
edit on 4-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I think I heard somewhere that OBama owns stock in one of those companies...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

How come Barney Frank, who was Congressional oversight of Fannie and Freddie said everything was okie Doke? Oh yah and Barney and BO were on the take with donations to campaigns.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

What they want is for anyone who is not in lock step with them to die, They want to continually impose their will upon the masses like they have the "Miracle Plan". Facts continue to speak louder then words.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Would it matter if Obama has investments in GM or Ford, that means that the White House and POTUS has enough confidence in American companies to invest in them. How is this wrong? That is Obama investing in America.
edit on 4-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

See, you just engage in wild accusations and inflammatory thinking that have no basis in reality. Tea Partiers know that govt bureaucracy means waste and fraud on the taxpayer dime.

I keep telling you I am not a commie... I would temper that and state that not all government is bad, the
bad in government should not be an excuse to let billionaires take advantage of American's.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

yeah it was a buying opportunity for obama and the lefties who bought gm,chrysler,fanny and freddy

and and solyndra and lightsquared and the billions still being thrown at green CORPORATIONS.

yeah those evil righties BS.

I think I heard somewhere that OBama owns stock in one of those companies...

Obama is almost exclusively investing in the American Economy, via Treasury Bills, it is one of the things that made me see him in a better light recently. If the economy fails, Obama will be wiped out, I respect
the hell out of that, nobody forced him to put his entire next egg in that position.
edit on 4-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

How come Barney Frank, who was Congressional oversight of Fannie and Freddie said everything was okie Doke? Oh yah and Barney and BO were on the take with donations to campaigns.

I would have to examine the "okie dokie" - being that is sourced from Neo mouth, I believe it is probably
missing key facts. Show me the source and I will be glad to comment on it.

I think private business should not be allowed to fund politicians PERIOD.

What do you think of the conservative supreme court constantly promoting the establishment of
corporate personhood?

No good liberal should take money from private business, thats my opinion.

They are LINO's

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
"The bad in government"

I heard a quote from an old alabama legislater on Monday night. He said a friend of his once addressed the state legislature and said, " I want to commend all of you in this room. You truly do rpresent the public. So much so, that there is the same percentage of convicted felons in this room as in the general public!"

Be careful what you ask for, huh?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

dont give the troll any time

a gift from neo the liar which is all he seems to do is follow me around thread to thread and call me a liar and talk about me to other posters instead of posting on topic,

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Frank was ordered to remain complicit but when TSHTF he reversed the course and went against the banks.

You are a paid shill and I am a free thinking and free American. Typical GOP plan, attack and demonize that of which you cannot control. Don't reply to me unless you can compose an original thought!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

yeah right keep telling yourself that

free thinker? thats rich

"attack and demonize" READ THE COMMENTS THAT WERE MADE TO ME

thats hilarious

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I do not attack, I enlighten.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by neo96

Frank was ordered to remain complicit but when TSHTF he reversed the course and went against the banks.

You are a paid shill and I am a free thinking and free American. Typical GOP plan, attack and demonize that of which you cannot control. Don't reply to me unless you can compose an original thought!

hey thats a demonization and an attack pal.

hypocrite

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Others have long suspected and even near confirmed you as a paid shill as (I forgot who and when) noticed that your posts were near identical to talking points.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

dude prove it oh wait you cant those "others" really now

the burden of proof is on you back it up

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hopefully both can come to some sort of agreement.

Shill or not it does not matter because as long as you are an American who wants freedom from oppression and tyranny, dictatorial rule, infringement you are good but remain an American and align yourself with the people over corporations and nefarious interests.

Nation above party always - God/Family/Community/Faith/Government

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Being a shill is plain treasonous, directly, to the American people and indirectly to the whole world. Paid shills are the billionaires' knives on the back of the 99% of the US population. This filth should not be tolerated on ats or anywhere else imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join