It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Occupy Wall Streen Accomplishes Nothing - You heard it here first

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

They're not sure what they're protesting.

Do they even know about the take over of our monetary system in 1913 via the "Federal Reserve"? Do they realize that we have a debt based monetary system which turns us into debt slaves where the first 4 months of our labor goes to taxes? Whereby we are forced to support our government's drunken addiction to debt and spending?

I mean WTF are they protesting exactly? "We want stuff!"

How about supporting a Presidential candidate like Ron Paul who would never have bailed out a single bank unlike both Bush and Obama.

G-dammit people. Take a stand for something REAL.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

You're disgustingly out of touch and whiny. Get out of here with that crap...

Who's paying you anyway????

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by ldyserenity

Honestly, from what I have seen they have no idea what they are protesting.

O RLY??

Then you're willfully ignorant of the entire thing:

occupywallst.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by PapaKrok

When you cut through the political, global crap all you can see is that our elected leaders sold us and our children out to the big banks for short gains.

I agree with you completely. It is definitely global in nature and far more insidious than most are aware...

Time to ignore the labels like "Marxist" that are being levied by TBTB minions, aye?
They really need to get a new playbook. That's kind like calling us "Hooligans" or "rabblerousers"....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by gncnew

Do they even know about the take over of our monetary system in 1913 via the "Federal Reserve"? Do they realize that we have a debt based monetary system which turns us into debt slaves where the first 4 months of our labor goes to taxes? Whereby we are forced to support our government's drunken addiction to debt and spending?

How about supporting a Presidential candidate like Ron Paul who would never have bailed out a single bank unlike both Bush and Obama.

I think they know what they're protesting, but clearly, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by radosta

So basically you don't want to go after those who did wrong, and on top of that, you seriously believe globalization can be reversed, and that deregulation and drastically varying laws between States is a good thing. Seriously???

Absolutely. Without question.
The answers being given by OWS are old, old old. And they will fail, fail, fail.

Interconnectedness does not mean centralization. Try using some imagination.

Globalization as presented is the epitome of human slavery. Wake up.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

One of the few people here that actually get it....

Let me guess.

Family man, worked for a living (and not just a summer job between semesters), and over 30?

I'll bet your cyber butt is sore from all the daggers thrown your way LOL!

sandf

These folks have not a clue that they are falling into a trap that they are helping to build.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by gncnew

WARNING: When you point out reality and say things that are reasonable, rational, and practical (ie TRUE), you are accused of being a corporate shill and some people will even threaten your life (!). Nevermind everything you said shows that you are anti-corporate and have a much better understanding of the system than people who get off on repeating things that make them feel good.

Whatever, bra. You and I will be in the free market zone, working hard and taking responsibility for our own lives while all these zombies are starving to death on the coasts.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I wonder what sort of change would happen if all those protesters and the ones cheering them on were to stop cooperating with the corporate elite and stop using their credit cards and banks.

They don't have credit cards, they're to poor. Maybe you'll get the point now.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

reply to post by gncnew

what you wrote in your first paragraph is part of something that were protesting about. We've been depending on our president to do something about it for over decades, meibe people have lost faith on presidents already. And I am a big ron paul supporter, since 06, we can't just depend on him to" get the job done", people want to speak out and be heard, not have someone speak for them the same way its been for a few decades now.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WaylonSmithers

The point is that the movement is made up of many different types of folks with varying financial resources, not just the indigent. I am well off enough to have credit cards, did once upon a time until I realized the error of my ways. I refuse to cooperate with those that would enslave me for their own profit.

I know a lot of folks that are involved with and support this movement, and I'm betting that most of them have credit cards.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by WaylonSmithers

The point is that the movement is made up of many different types of folks with varying financial resources, not just the indigent. I am well off enough to have credit cards, did once upon a time until I realized the error of my ways. I refuse to cooperate with those that would enslave me for their own profit.

I know a lot of folks that are involved with and support this movement, and I'm betting that most of them have credit cards.

I'd put the teeny bit of money I have on the fact that at least 99% of "the 99%" have debit or credit cards - with a balance.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
reply to post by gncnew

One of the few people here that actually get it....

Let me guess.

Family man, worked for a living (and not just a summer job between semesters), and over 30?

I'll bet your cyber butt is sore from all the daggers thrown your way LOL!

sandf

These folks have not a clue that they are falling into a trap that they are helping to build.

Cyber daggers thrown from ipads with the latest apps.
Is there a cyber dagger app!?!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
This is nothing more than a politically motivated action instigated by the recent attempts at Obama to divert attention away from his administration via Class Warfare.

Oh... because it couldn't possibly be that long overdue anger that we've been talking about for over three years.

1. You are protesting Greed and the Rich? Greed and Rich are relative. Americans - across the board - all of us - are Greedy and Rich... sorry to break it to you.

No. Not all of us are. This is a lie and it is important to verify who is and who is not. Some of us (I'd like to think most of us) have a genuine wish for all people to have shelter, food, clothing, and employment. Some of us honestly don't have an unquenchable thirst for money that damages our neighbors.

2. You are protesting Bail Outs? Again, you're protesting at the fat kids over child obesity. Go protest the source, not the symptom.

Until you separate the two, it will never happen. It's like trying to tell on your coworker who is stealing but finding out your boss is splitting the money with him. As long as the White House can be bought, it will be bought.

3. You're protesting Economic Inequality? Obama has fed you lies. The income divide is precisely where it is because of a liberal agenda that has destroyed the middle class. Simplistic terms: YOU CAN"T DESTROY THE ABILITY OF COMPANIES TO EMPLOY PEOPLE AND THEN COMPLAIN THEY DONT HIRE ANYONE.

Destroy their ability? By what?! Tax breaks and loopholes? Every time they get a break, they open up shop in China. The typical American CEO to employee pay ratio is 450 to 1 (give or take 20 per source). In Japan, it is 50 to 1. Our precious "job creators" are NOT doing all they can to help America. In fact, they are destroying it by sitting on capital that needs to be circulating and by outsourcing when they don't need to.

Every single mega corporation that exists could completely vanish and we would be just fine. Small businesses would finally be able to move up in the vacuum. So stop defending corporate America.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----

Oh, and... I normally roll my eyes when people accuse others of being a "paid this-and-that" but, really, you sort of fit a stereo typical paid advocate (if they exist).

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

I agree. This particular point makes me nervous as to the out come of this. As long as we rely on banks, voluntarily paying them for the privileges of convenience that most have grown so addicted to, the cause will not be taken seriously. You can't say one thing then do another and expect to be taken seriously.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I sure hope this isn't the typical crowd at occupy wall street:

edit on 5-10-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You guys should wait until Friday... and show up on the Fed's doorstep, screw wall street. The whole of Wall street isn't the problem, only the mega-elements of it that have used their lobbying fiat money power to regulate the competition and become megalith monopolies. If you're gonna go tomorrow to Wall Street, make sure you hit up the NYC Fed Reserve on Friday at 7pm. Go like 7-9pm because Jones is going to the Dallas Federal Reserve at 6pm Central, which is 7pm EST. So if we're lucky we will make the news

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
I sure hope this isn't the typical crowd at occupy wall street:

edit on 5-10-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

Pretty crazy video. So the rally cry was 'google wall street jews"....Geeze.

This division is getting insane, seriously.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka119
reply to post by gncnew

Debbie Downer alert.

Well good for you, while you sit and do nothing, let these people try and change the world.
Enough with the negativity, reading your posts about all this is absolutely ridiculous. All you do is bitch and moan about how they aren't doing anything, well they are doing a hell of a lot more than you are, eh?

Stop it! You almost made me spit out my x-large coke as I was eating my super sized fries and big mac...

If I go to the rescue mission and feed 20 homeless men and women on a Wedensday night, but I do it very quietly.. .OR I go and spend a week in the park and chant "Down with Wall Street!" all day and night

Which path actually accomplished something? Intentions without results is useless and a waste. You'll learn this when you grow up.

So you go to the rescue mission every Wednesday?
If so, then you would understand that every bit counts.

Lets go off of your thought process with your statement.. why do you waste your time feeding some homeless people Wednesday night? Your not going to cure hunger that way.

Somebody has to get the ball rolling some how, stop being so naive and see that. THIS IS THE BEGINNING. Every movement has to start somewhere.

And grow up? How about you do some self reflection and see who's being the ignorant child.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Crap. Please don't tell me I share a cause with Alex Jones. Now ya'll can go ahead and kick me while I'm down.
Well guys, I guess the End the Fed movement is as cop-opted now as OWS.

See you in the bread lines....

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join