It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The now infamous triangle UFO shows itself again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by Human_Alien

No. Sorry. They attempted to duplicate this on UFO Hunters with a physicist and determined the objects holding them together would have to be solid, not a string, and it would have to be quite large, and lanterns would not be able to hold up that weight. Perhaps a glow in the dark weather balloon could, but have you seen any of those? I haven't. And even then it is iffy, they used weather balloons in their test and hung lanterns underneath them, and the effect was not able to be replicated to perfection like seen in this video and other triangle videos. Try again though.

edit: The 3 weather balloons were not able to support the weight of the lanterns beneath them connected by a solid triangular thing they made out of pvc pipe. So they had to use a string, and it didn't hold the perfect triangular shape when it went into the air.
edit on 10/5/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

Exactly what I was going to say yesterday about why 3 objects together are not 3 lamps together, it was experimented on UFO Hunters, that's what I really find them useful about - show what something is not. Good job.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by chrissiel123

Maussan actually went and got the biggest balloon salesmen in Mexico and he verified that what people are seeing and recording are NOT balloons.

Maussan?? Seriously??

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
How come we don't just go ahead and call triangle UFO's Pyramid UFO's?

Any three lights are going to make a triangle. I suggest we call these things "triluminals." Three lights. They could be a single object or many. But all we know for sure is that there are three lights.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Guys, the lights zigzag around as around 2:40, telling it's not a craft, but lasers of some sort... moved by shaky hands.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
not a "triangle ufo

not even a solid object its three separate lights

edit on 6-10-2011 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It is obviously not just a triangle craft. Its three separate craft in formation. As for jets, even military would have their lights on(Blinking/strobe) at dusk. Lanterns? Please.... I think not.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager
It is obviously not just a triangle craft. Its three separate craft in formation. As for jets, even military would have their lights on(Blinking/strobe) at dusk. Lanterns? Please.... I think not.

OP though that since he said it in his title im just correcting him/her ...in saying that its three separate objects

edit on 7-10-2011 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I saw objects very similar when I was younger at an outdoor Christian music thing ( don't ask, there was a girl). Three triangular formations of lights floated overhead, pretty low from what I gather. They kinda rolled across the sky, but only one was in motion at any one time. The stationary one just froze. If you weren't watching the whole time you'd just think they were stars. The whole thing really stuck with me growing up. Probably why I post in conspiracy forums.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangerThanFiction39
reply to post by hotrice

They look exactly like chinese lanterns. People love to hoax things, I would not put it past someone to secure three lanterns to maintain an exact triangle shape. Unless you suggest someone has some wicked awesome cloaking technology, but somehow forgot they have lights (oops). This does not appear to be anything unworldly, nor any kind of secret human aircraft, looks like lanterns. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck .. well you get the picture.

Oh hello Mr Ignorant know it all

You're forget some very important factors because your mind is already made up /closed like the rest of the sheeple, isn't it?

Ok so there lanterns tethered together you're saying right?

So how did they stay in perfect formation? YOU WOULD NEED some very very long metal poles to keep them perfectly apart, with string or what ever you are suggesting they would not stay in formation and i don't think i need to go any further with you in explaining why do i? or i hope not anyway,

So can 3 lanterns lift 3 exceptionally long steel/metal poles ?

Yeah i don't think you thought this one through have you,

As i have been saying for years on here i have seen these orb UFOs up very close they a far larger then lanterns far brighter and can disappear/translucent in the blink of an eye, and re appear in the blink of an eye, i have seen one from just 500ft above my head with a friend they are like mini suns, i believe this is what we are looking at just in formation, i don't know what they are, but for me they are very real and also believe they travel in large number/fleets, most people dont realise lanterns are very very hard to see at a distance they are nearly impossible to pick up on phone cameras, and they flicker orange & very dim,

Oh there lanterns flying in formation... yeah that's right bury your head in the sand and ignore all logic & common sense people nothing to see here "facepalm"

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager

It is obviously not a triangular "craft". It is simply three LIGHTS that are in a triangular formation. Any three points which are not in a line form a triangle!!!

They look remarkably like Chinese lanterns, being blown along by a steady breeze. Of course, they COULD be tiny spaceships that are disguised to look just like Chinese lanterns. You know those aliens are very clever and like to fool people.

It could also be a massive Klingon "Bird of Prey" which has its cloaking device on. The Klingons add extra, non-cloaked navigational lights, as a precaution when travelling in earth's atmosphere, because they don't want planes to ram into them.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Oops. Double Post

edit on 9-10-2011 by bluestreak53 because: Double Post. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Yes, they are three Chinese lanterns tied together with string, the fact that they are tied means it naturally holds that shape. If launched individually they will all float in the same direction at the same speed because they are carried by the same air current, though their may be some slight drift due to tiny variations in size and weight. If you tie them together there is no external force strong enough to overcome this physical bond, providing its a fairly calm night, so the shape holds.

The idea you would need rigid poles is nonsense. It is why 18th century illustrations of man carrying balloons fitted with sails and rudders are amusing to look at today and modern balloons carry no such encumberances, its all in the same air current.

Yes, I have done it myself

edit on 11-10-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

lol, this made me laugh. Some people are just impossible.
Explain this one. Watch the entire thing. I'm sure balloons have the ability to move like this... right? lol

Do you honestly believe that what you are seeing in the video you posted is not a balloon? Solar balloons depending on the conditions can move like that. If they are tethered then input can also be put in from the ground.
It just shows you how gullible people can be over this type of footage.

TJ
edit on 21-10-2011 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2011 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

The idea you would need rigid poles is nonsense. It is why 18th century illustrations of man carrying balloons fitted with sails and rudders are amusing to look at today and modern balloons carry no such encumberances, its all in the same air current.

Uh, modern blimps and dirigibles have rudders. They don't have sails for the same reason that most boats today don't have sails, internal combustion engines.

The sail wouldn't work though---a sailboat makes use of the keel and the resistance from the much higher density water to turn the suction from the sail into forward motion for all angles except straight downwind.

edit on 21-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This footage in my opinion is genuine. However, whats interesting me the most is why we are not seeing a triangular shaped object, just an outline of a triangle. If this is the same sort of craft millions of people have been seeing for all these years I wonder who it belongs to and whether or not they have now created a cloaking device of some sort for it. Whats intriguing is the formation and how all the lights seem to stay in perfect alignment with one another. If this was military jets then I would have expected to see some discrepancies between each light. Also, the same goes for Chinese lanterns - I have never seen them in perfect formation unless they are attached together.
edit on 22-10-2011 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
nice

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Uh, modern blimps and dirigibles have rudders. They don't have sails for the same reason that most boats today don't have sails, internal combustion engines.

The sail wouldn't work though---a sailboat makes use of the keel and the resistance from the much higher density water to turn the suction from the sail into forward motion for all angles except straight downwind.

edit on 21-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

Yeah, and they also have propellers with those engines. Blimps are not Balloons. You already correctly identified why a sail wouldnt work, so youre nearly there already, it's exactly the same with a rudder. A rudder on a balloon is as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

reply to post by ProfessorT

My earlier post addresses this
edit on 26-10-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join