It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The now infamous triangle UFO shows itself again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotrice
I understand why you are trying to rationalize this sighting with a rational explanation such as jets flying in formation, but believe me these are not jets. That is why people are filming this triangle UFO. I witnessed it myself. Seriously, we should put more effort into making contact.

You witnessed it yourself, that is why there is an identical video from May? This is why even if there ever is credible evidence (which I have not to date seen) it will be very hard to believe. Anyways OP is a liar.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Remember when a ”Triangle UFO” was an actual, physical, solid triangular shaped object and not just three innocuous lights in a delta formation with obliviously nothing physical or solid between them.
For that matter, remember when ”UFOs” were for the most part actual physical craft and not just lights in the sky as they all are these days?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

You have a point. The video does not show a craft. It is just three lights.

It can be anything, including chinese lanterns.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrice

Why are these things always seen over England? The Rothschild family space cruiser? I wonder if it's equipped with a giant "laser."

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotrice
This time the UFO appeared in North Shields, U.K. This is not CGI, as I witnessed it myself.

I witnessed this same UFO, so I'm very interested in it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hi hotrice, quite interesting footage, thanks for posting.

It’s impossible to see what those lights really are of course and I could be wrong here, but I did notice that the light at the bottom seems to have a swinging movement.
Because of the slow speed, my wild guess would be choppers, also the one behind it, but then I cannot explain that swinging movement.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Interesting. It's definitely not a single, solid object, as I could see the background between the three lights, such as cloud and stars. So it appears to be three objects, flying in a pretty tight formation, at least as far as I can tell.

To the OP: could you answer the following questions?

1. Are there any airports or military bases nearby?
2. Did you, or anyone, hear any noises associated with these objects?
3. Did anyone report anything strange while witnessing these lights? (I.e. in the local news, for example).

I do not personally think it is Chinese lanterns, especially not that tight a formation and at that apparant distance (it looks quite far, and the objects were moving pretty fast, it looked like). As far as mundane explainations, if there is a mundane explaination, planes or other aircraft seem to be the only possible normal explaination. Otherwise, if they turn out not to be aircraft, then I do not know what these are.

Interesting video to watch, regardless.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I do not personally think it is Chinese lanterns, especially not that tight a formation and at that apparant distance (it looks quite far, and the objects were moving pretty fast, it looked like).
First, you don't know how far they are (I don't know either). You may think you do, but you don't.

Second, did we watch the same video? I hardly saw any movement at all! I didn't see this fast movement you refer to!

I can't say I'm 100% certain it's Chinese lanterns, but I am certain the appearance is consistent with Chinese Lanterns. Exactly opposite of your claim, there is NO fast movement, just lazy drifting, and a flickering of the lights consistent with lanterns, and the length of the video consistent with lantern life.

In fact I can't imagine why anyone would think this video might be anything other than Chinese lanterns, they look so consistent with Chinese lanterns.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderboy2402

*facepalm* And how would you explain the perfect triangle formation if they were lanterns? There are other and smarter explanations than lanterns. For some everything is chinese lanterns...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Interesting vid...

How come we don't just go ahead and call triangle UFO's Pyramid UFO's?

Calling three dots in the sky a triangle (which is a shape consisting of straight lines) is bad enough but now you want to call it a pyramid which is a 3D structure?

By the way this video was posted last week and the overriding opinion was that its just Chinese lanterns. I have to agree.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
*facepalm* And how would you explain the perfect triangle formation if they were lanterns? There are other and smarter explanations than lanterns. For some everything is chinese lanterns...

That question has so many problems I don't know where to begin.

Any three points form a triangle unless they're in a straight line, and they're not in a straight line. They can't do anything BUT for a triangle. And there's nothing perfect about the triangle, there is no geometric shape referred to as "perfect triangle". You might be thinking of equilateral, but even if it appeared to be an equilateral triangle from one viewing angle (and I'm not sure it's equilateral), because it will appear different from different viewing angles, it's probably NOT an equilateral triangle when viewed from other angles.

It's probably lanterns, and 3 lanterns will form a triangle, that's nothing to be amazed about.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Given that they seem to pass behind or through the clouds, i would say it's a safe bet they are pretty far away from the cameraman. And yes, I saw them move, at a very steady pace. Too fast for chinese lanterns to be moving, unless they have rockets attached to them. The speed could roughly corespond to distant aircraft.

So, my opinion still stands. They are either aircraft of some sort, flying in formation, or they are something else. They do not look or behave like Chinese Lanterns that I have seen in other videos and photos. If there are airfields or airports/military installations in the area, it could be something to do with that.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I don't see a triangle craft. What I see is 3 points of light; and, as we all know, any 3 points make a triangle. Honestly, they appear to be 3 separate objects, as the "triangle" formation does seem to change configuration quite a bit. I can't say what it (they) is; it could be any number of things, but a triangle craft it is not.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Given that they seem to pass behind or through the clouds, i would say it's a safe bet they are pretty far away from the cameraman. And yes, I saw them move, at a very steady pace. Too fast for chinese lanterns to be moving, unless they have rockets attached to them. The speed could roughly corespond to distant aircraft.
I suspect the point you think they are passing behind the clouds, they are just running out of fuel and flickering out.

Watch more carefully and you'll see that the lights are still visible at times even where the cloud is very dense, so they definitely aren't behind it.

I suspect they are much closer than you think.

And I see no movement other than lazy drifting in the wind, and a slight gain in altitude, just like sky lanterns. There are no turns, or other things seen that aircraft can do that lanterns can't do.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Pretty interesting that many UFO sightings and videos show the triangle UFO depiction. Many videos I've seen about these they move insanely fast -- looking for a video now

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I read an article a long time ago about plans to develop triangular shaped vehicles to lift payloads into low earth orbit. Giant airships to float into space.

Ah. Here is it.

Floating to space - 2004
www.thespacereview.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hi all.
First, couldn't watch all the video, so may have missed something in the later half, if so sorry.

Couple of points raised by others.

Lights, It is normal for man-made aircraft etc to have lights, red/green/white so that other planes etc are aware in which direction other craft are travelling...

Invisibility, Is that not what the armed forces are working on at the moment? Where an image from one side is projected on to another side, making the object appear invisible or "See through".

S Shields, is that not far from the old, (Still used?) Early Warning Radar place at Fylingdale, on the East coast, run by the USAF I think and supposed to be highly sensitive and sophisticated in the world?

I think we are watching a flyby of an UK/US invisibility cloaked flying craft possibly being tested for radar invisibility.

That explains the lights, that the sky was visible through the object and why it was seen where it was seen?

And stop laughing at the back there. Haha.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It's at about 1 minute in, the lights appear to turn in their formation and head to the right. And at the beginning, when you see the lights ascending, the bottom right one dims and slightly fades as they pass through the clouds, the reappears brightly once the first level of clouds is passed. Unless that lantern re-lit itself, it appears to be disappearing behind the cloud briefly. hence why it appears to be pretty distant.

Which is why I'd like to find out if there are any airports or airfields in the area. I noticed two of the lights appeared to be strobing once they cleared the clouds, which is why i am thinking planes. Plane lights strobe like that.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Swamp gas....definitely swamp gas....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUnusualSuspect
Swamp gas....definitely swamp gas....

If you have nothing to say its best to say nothing

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It's been spotted yet again.

top topics