It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The now infamous triangle UFO shows itself again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Spotless

Me and my father witnessed something similar on the 7/3/11 @ 19.30hrs over Plymouth, Was a very clear night that night, We saw 2 lights witch were a whitish gold colour and quite large, we watched for about 5 minutes as it came from a westerly direction passed overhead and turned on an axis then headed south, This object was long very long and made no sound! It appeared to be of low altitude there were no nav lights or port/starboard lights. I did try to get it on film but I could not get my iphone (All I had) to focus on it, we then lost sight of it as it approached the coast.several people called the local radio and said they saw lights the same evening but it got dismissed as "Lanterns" I have seen loads of those wretched things and it was defiantly not "Lanterns" I am still mystified

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

No offence to the OP, but people who have witnessed REAL black triangles, would certainly Not recognize this formation of what we all commonly now call "Chinese Lanterns"

This triangle formation certainly appears to be home made series of 3 "fires" linked together by light wood or plastic. The telltale for me, was the forth light launching from the burbs on the identical trajectory of the "Triangle".
Obviously either a bunch of intrepid youngings come scientists come hoaxers, or some ethnic religious festival launch.
Also the lights mysteriously flicker out and disappear....classic "Chinese Lantern" behaviour.

Im sorry, its a good video, but nothing mysterious. Only a few years ago people use to mount little fires under large green garbage bags and let them fly, often they would achieve several hundred feet of flight, b4 burning out or up.
Real triangles are distinctively black, non see thru, and with navigation lights of some sort, tho not necessarily of "Ordinary" commercial type........

Hey BTHnoose, more details of your triangle sighting would be nice, thanks....Ive seen them in Adelaide too.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
I don't know, there were a number of times that the triangle pivoted on an axis, and the lights moved together as if pinned. The swinging back and forth was to sync'd to be one pilot responding to another, ~shrug~ then it could just be lanterns staying at exactly the same distance....who knows in this crazy world.

I think any three slow moving bright spots can always be interpreted to be a triangle that has rotated or slowly changed positions in some way or another. Every possible triangular configuration corresponds to a valid projection of an equilateral triangle. Not sure if this is mathematically true, would be glad if somebody can demonstrate, but it is definitely true enough for a wide enough range of possible positions.

So, while I do believe there are enough credible reports of triangle UFO's, this isn't one of them IMHO. My understanding is that the corner spots on the alleged TR-3B are thrusters and therefore aren't always on, but flicker on and off as the craft aims to maintain orientation. The lights on this video flicker like flames would.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth
reply to post by dethduck

You have a point. The video does not show a craft. It is just three lights.

It can be anything, including chinese lanterns.

On the subject of Chinese lanterns, I wonder if they would actually show on video, or how bright would one expect them to appear at various distances. I have many times tried to take videos of helicopters with my smartphone and most of the time they don't even show up. So I am of the belief that a light bright enough to show on a regular camera recording (not a pro level camera) has to be about as bright as the very few brightest celestial objects, like Jupiter, or something even brighter. I basically cannot take video of any stars with my phone.

I think that for Chinese lanterns to show on video they have to be much closer to the camera than most people assume possible.

Would appreciate data to the contrary.

As for this video, Not convinced it is Chinese lanterns, but pretty sure it is not a TR-3B either or any solid triangular craft.

Suppose it could be 3 very bright craft.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It looks like the speculative TR-3B craft, probably owned by USAF.

A secret USAF craft would not be operating over the UK like that, without interception.

If it is a UFO of alien origin, then I take it the RAF already know and aren't going to waste the effort.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Three points will always make a perfect triangle. Your mind will perceive an equilateral triangle seen from an angle. Try placing three dots on a piece of paper if you don't believe me.

Whilst I very much believe in the existence of UFT's I have no doubt that these are Chinese lanterns. I also doubt very much that these were tethered in any way.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
I think that for Chinese lanterns to show on video they have to be much closer to the camera than most people assume possible.

Would appreciate data to the contrary.
As I already said, I suspect these lanterns are closer than some people think, but we really don't know how far away they are. One of the most common mistakes eyewitnesses make is to presume they can tell how far away an light in the night sky is, when in fact, they can't. The flares seen from Phoenix were probably 70 miles away, and they were still extremely bright on camera. brumac.8k.com...

Sky lanterns aren't as bright as the Phoenix flares, so I doubt you'll see them 70 miles away as we did the flares, but they show up fine on camera at various distances, as seen in this video:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Awesome. Though the braindead will still try and come up with a way to explain it rationally, using the scientific method lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

As I already said, I suspect these lanterns are closer than some people think

lol, this made me laugh. Some people are just impossible.
Explain this one. Watch the entire thing. I'm sure balloons have the ability to move like this... right? lol

edit on 10/5/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
inflate a tube of plastic and this is exactly how it behaves, lol. or a balloon arch would behave exactly this way/ There is even what appears to be a string attached. The shot with two? I am willing to bet that a couple of balloon arches escaped .
edit on 5-10-2011 by chrissiel123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Some say 'they are ours', im not sure there are any UFOs that are not ours. If the Nazi had electromagnetic flying technology and symbols on some of their attempts, if even those with symbols/hieroglyphs could be 'ours' is there anything that is not ours? Is there any ETs at all here? ... Yes im nearly sure it is ours.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Whatever that was, it seems to be transparent.
So, attached balloons, lanterns would be my guess?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

Are you kidding me? The ebani vids that I have seen, including the one I posted, have 3 joints of movement, your precious balloons cannot move like that, like a snake/worm. It's quite obvious those aren't balloons. What about the ones that release spheres? The first one shows this, I've seen many more though. Go to 2:40 for the spinning, then when it goes blurry go to 4:30 watch from there for absolute proof.

Here are some other "flying worms", there are so many other good ones but I can't find them all.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

No. Sorry. They attempted to duplicate this on UFO Hunters with a physicist and determined the objects holding them together would have to be solid, not a string, and it would have to be quite large, and lanterns would not be able to hold up that weight. Perhaps a glow in the dark weather balloon could, but have you seen any of those? I haven't. And even then it is iffy, they used weather balloons in their test and hung lanterns underneath them, and the effect was not able to be replicated to perfection like seen in this video and other triangle videos. Try again though.

edit: The 3 weather balloons were not able to support the weight of the lanterns beneath them connected by a solid triangular thing they made out of pvc pipe. So they had to use a string, and it didn't hold the perfect triangular shape when it went into the air.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

Maussan actually went and got the biggest balloon salesmen in Mexico and he verified that what people are seeing and recording are NOT balloons.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

What's with all of this "Chinese Latern" hullabaloo?? Sightings just like this one are being reported around the world. You can see it on YouTube for yourself. You mean to tell me that all of a sudden, everyone has decided to release chinese laterns at all different times of day in various counrties? Footage like this has been filmed where people of different cultures probably don't even know what chinese lanterns are. The assumption that footage like this is a bunch of laterns is rediculous.

Even if they are lanterns that are tied together, how can they keep such an even formation? And why would hundreds of people suddenly decide to TIE lanterns together? What purpose does that have?

I think this is a cloaked craft. And as for the lights not being cloaked...why do they need to be when idiots on earth think they are jets or lanterns?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Very interesting video, maybe were looking at an aurora class aircraft. Very interesting how these are popping up alot more lately, we just had a sighting on Sept 30, 2011 out here in Phoenix, AZ

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShallNotFearTheFuture
Very interesting video, maybe were looking at an aurora class aircraft. Very interesting how these are popping up alot more lately...

They'll be popping up a lot more frequently, too, as we approach the end of the year. New Year's eve night skies will be full of them. Get your cameras ready!

But first you need to wise up to the fact that they're nothing more than Chinese lanterns!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Add your TR-3B and this
What do you get

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth
It looks like the speculative TR-3B craft, probably owned by USAF.

Speculated to be powered by mercury plasma engines, that makes it lift like a helicopter and move like a helicopter but without the noise, and air movement. You can call it a silent helicopter.

It is not a spaceship. It cannot go in vacuum.

It may be a slow and bulky craft, so not suitable for war.

You ARE joking, right?

This is not a "triangular UFO". It is simply three light sources drifting through the sky. Any three points which are not in a straight line, BY DEFINITION are a triangle. I think the lights look a lot like chinese lanterns but I guess we can't say because the video is low resolution.

I personally think that all the references to TR-3B are totally baseless. Yes there are "triangular UFOs", but I think to date, we have no way to conclude that they are anything more than any other UFO. Despite all the amateur websites that talk about the "TR-3B" as a top secret "anti-gravitational craft", there is absolutely nothing to indicate that the US or any other earth based government or military has any sort of aeronautical technology more advanced than rockets, jet turbines and propellers.
edit on 6-10-2011 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2011 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join