It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Issues Threat - NYSE Will Be Erased From The Internet - (potential hoax)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
2. It is a diversion and they will attack another target.
- or -
3. This is all orchestrated by TPTB to paint the protests in an even more negative way

A combo of both maybe... I don't buy the whole "anon" movement tbh

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This threat is an epic fail. The 10th is a holiday and not a trading day. Even IF they managed to impact the security of the exchange or their website, since it is not a trading day it would be a non event. And, I am sure that since they announced intent ahead the IT guys will be on call. And ALL that information is backed up.

edit on 3-10-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I don't really pay much attention to anon to be honest, but when the system has its tentacles firmly wrapped around the people...any attack on the system will sometimes hurt the people. You simply can't have it both ways. Although attacking the NYSE? yeah...i will believe it when i see it.

edit on 3-10-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I cannot believe that Anon would be foolish enough to pre-announce such an action, let alone actually conduct such an operation. The data structures of the Stock Market have been heavily fortified/monitored against intrusion, (especially in the last decade). It would be a suicide attack, imo.

Such an attack would be considered, straight-away, as an act of Terrorism, and make the SONY outage look like college pranking.

Even more ominous would be a false-flag event done in Anon's name, to justify the controversial "Internet Policing" strategies that TPTB would love to have working for them. The American Sheeple would give up , yet more, for the appearance of "security".

USCYBERCOM > Anonymous.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a "War on Information Security" in the future. 1984, much?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
ANONYMOUS is a CIA front. People need to wake the f up.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
AutumnalDusk - can't you see? The cabal/illuminati/whatever have never told us what they are doing with our money. They have always hidden behind their office. They spend taxpayers money on whatever they want and do not tell us. I refer to all governments.

Did you know about all the underground bunkers? Did you see the council plans? If you did see the council plans were you given an opportunity to object? HAARP or scientific technology - did you get a say in whether it should be developed or not?

Anonymous is actually being up front - honest - telling the whole world - about what they are going to do. I wonder if the cabal/illuminati/whatever has protective measures for the very technology they gave us? Time will tell.

Much Much Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Are you joking? They control the UFOs.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
now they are talking about big money, and big money don't play that.
there are people who are much more sophisticated in IT in the corporate world
than anon ever thought about being. once they mess with them, big money will unleash
the hounds. and once they have identified them, then they will unleash the much more ruthless of their associates.

big money only plays by the rules, so long as their income is not affected, mess with their cash, then there is no law.

edit on 3-10-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Libertytoall - please explain to me how you know that Anonymous is a CIA front? I for one would like to be directed toward the truth if I have been misinformed.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Anon are script kiddies, the folks protecting those servers are pros; if you can't figure out how that will end there is not much I can do for you. These kids in Anon are mostly script kiddies who like to DDoS things, I doubt they have the chops necessary to hit a target like the NYSE and make any kind of headway. So far they have called their shots before swinging for the NYSE and Facebook, and after the loldust settles I doubt either target will have fallen, maybe then the credibility of Anon will finally be smashed beyond repair.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Jusat had a chat with a friend who's one of the top internet security guys in the UK and he believes that taking down the NYSE is just not possible, I figure this is a hoax or someone not affiliated with anon is jumping on the occupy bandwagon.

Even if it was possible - wiping out the NYSE is going to annoy a lot of rich people but it would screw the pensions of millions. Can't see Anon being very popular after that.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339
This threat is an epic fail. The 10th is a holiday and not a trading day. Even IF they managed to impact the security of the exchange or their website, since it is not a trading day it would be a non event. And, I am sure that since they announced intent ahead the IT guys will be on call. And ALL that information is backed up.

edit on 3-10-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

You are right . Next Monday is Columbus day and the markets will be closed. Why would they choose this date? Very strange.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
and the thread stops...........
ear to the wall.....................
....................hello?..............
NYSE? hello?...........

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
It will be the funniest thing to watch if they can succeed. Three letters will be posturing all over the place. Congress will be having useless hearings and the bankers and corporation will be lobbying for handouts to increase their security. NYSE will want a bailout also.

A lot of people who have nothing left to hope for except their invested pensions and retirement funds will lose, well, a lot of money if this happens. However, apparently it won't.
edit on 3-10-2011 by MRedfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Just follow the money.. Who's selling puts.. and who's buying? That will reveal how legitimate the threat is.

Not that it matters.. Most know October.. and specifically this October is going to be brutal.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

After further research it seems that the markets will NOT be closed on Columbus day after all.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I didn't realize that October 10th is Columbus Day and that the markets will be closed. It's a little suspicious, I'll admit.

That being said, there's no way that this could have gone unnoticed by Anonymous when they announced this date. There are thousands of people active in the planning process--someone had to have noticed. That leaves me to believe that one of two things are going on here:

1.) Anonymous has been infiltrated by a faction of the U.S. government in an effort to bring about more Internet regulations and portray the group as a terrorist organization.

2.) Anonymous chose the date for some sort of symbolic significance (although I don't know what that would be). In their video release, Anonymous says that they are going to "erase" the NYSE website from the internet. From my understanding, to "erase" something from the internet means that it will cease to exist. I'm not very well-versed in the technical aspects of these sorts of things, but it seems to me that Anonymous intends to take down the NYSE website for good. If this is the case, then it won't matter what day the website is brought down, as the effects will be long term.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Bottom Line: If this is on ATS then you cane be SURE it is no threat LOL. This website is only good for fearmongering and scare tactics (terrorism). Thats about it...nothing EVER predicted or discussed on here comes true.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
To all those people saying there is no coherent message...

Imagine, if you will, everyone on this forum who wants a new investigation into 911.

And they all gather in a small square, and then more join them.

And then the MSM comes and interviews everyone, but somehow they manage to only show interviews with people screaming about holograms and no planes and lightning bolts shot from satellites.

Does that make the idea of a new investigation invalid? No.

Do people have different ideas of what happened or how to go about solving it? Of course.

Ten years later, and hundreds of threads and thousands of words about 911 and you couldn't get something like this together?

And I have a feeling if some people were bold enough to do it, the armchair quarterbacks would be having a similar conversation as this, crying false flag and disinfo, instead of actually doing something.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Oh noes! a DDOS attack that affects their site for a little while?

I'm scared....

In other words.... Anonymous...Just shut up already.....

You aren't helping.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join